• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering a New Love: My Cricut Crafting Journey at CS

In summary, Amy found a new love and has been busy making cards and Easter baskets. She also mentioned that she has another thread she's been checking everyday, which is a black bug that keeps her awake during the summer. Rhonda shared a tip for getting more life out of the cutting mats that has worked for her. Gail said that she still has her original Cricut Create and upgraded to the Expression, and is looking forward to selling her old Cricut Create on eBay. Finally, Amy mentioned that she just ordered 4 carts from Oh My Crafts and is looking forward to getting the Life's a
pampchefrhondab
I'm sure nobody has probably noticed I haven't been on CS much lateley, but it's because I've found a new love!

I have another thread I just have to check every day since I got my Cricut;)!! I have been making so many cards. I also made little Easter baskets for my niece's and nephew's. It has been so much fun!

I just wanted to let you know I'll never leave CS though and it's always first in my heart:)!!

For me and anyone else who isn't familiar, what is Cricut???

an electronic diecut machine for scrapbook addictswhere is your other thread you mentioned? did you post photos?

DessertDivaFL said:

It's one of those black bugs that keeps you awake during the Summer - at least, when you hear him chirping in your bedroom.

Aren't they fun, Rhonda?Someone posted here several months ago with a tip for getting more life from the cutting mats, and it really works! Get a Zig 2-way adhesive jumbo pen, and put adhesive all over the white area of the mat. Let it dry (turn clear) before you use it. It'll re-stickify the mat so you can use it longer. Waiting is essential, though. I tried to use one before the adhesive had completely turned clear, and got paper permanently stuck to the mat.I have a some more cartridges on order right now from Oh My Crafts. They have deals all the time (bundles of cartridges, etc.). And they carry 12x24 paper, if you have the Expression machine and are looking for that large format paper. (Mine's a Create, so I can only cut on 6x12.)

re-stickify?Look that up in your Funk & Wagnall's.

Hey, I consider myself to be among the addicts I finally had to have my husband hide mine (ok, my daughters) so we could eat lunch on the dining room table Easter.

Teresa Lynn said:
Hey, I consider myself to be among the addicts I finally had to have my husband hide mine (ok, my daughters) so we could eat lunch on the dining room table Easter.

I have to clean my DR table for dinners but not from scrapbooking, from quilting.

My DH doesn't know I have mine, which helps with the addiction. I pull it out when he's at work, then make sure I have the scraps cleaned up and the machine away when he gets home.I've got 2 of the newest cartridges on order, and can't wait to get them; Life's a Beach and Lyrical Letters. Lyrical Letters uses the style options to store several different fonts, so it's like getting 6 in one. There's no funky stuff, but I use mine (mostly, so far) to cut plain letters for banners. I sell them in my Etsy shop.

I just recently got a Cricut too and am in love with it! I got the Sure Cuts a Lot software so I can cut almost anything on it without buying any more cartridges.
Amy

Yes, it is so much fun!! I haven't tried to resticky my mats yet, but I will - thanks!

I've been going on the cricut.com thread. They have so many wonderful ideas on there. I haven't posted my stuff yet. I did take pictures, but haven't downloaded them to my PC yet. Forgot to mention, they have a lot of great links to blogs as well!

I have the Cricut Create and then decided to upgrade to the Expression. I was going to sell the Create on Ebay, but decided to keep it since it is easier to get in and out of the closet when I just need to do little things. Plus it's easier to take w/me for crops. Plus I can use two at once if I really want to:)!

I just ordered 4 carts from Oh My Crafts two days ago. They had an extra 15% off for tax day. I got all for for $108 including shipping:)!

My next order is the Life's a Beach and Lyrical letters. I saw a website that had both for under $100 w/free shipping. I can't wait! I'm a junky!!

Amy - where do you get your pictures to cut from Sure Cuts A Lot? I would have a lot of fonts, but not pictures or shapes.

Gail - you can actually use the Expression for quilting. You will have to look into it. Oh, I'm so bad bringing people into my addiction!!

I'll try to download my Pic's this weekend and post some pictures here of my cards. I'm going to a scrapbooking club tonight to make some more cards. One of my past hosts sells Stampin Up. I'm looking foward to it!

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one addicted! They are so much fun!

So I received the Expression for Christmas and it came with a font cartridge and then a misc one that has some from several cartridges. I woulod love to get more to make cards specifically. I was also looking at the Paper Doll one because that looked fun. Any suggestions? The lyrical one looks GREAT! My bday is coming & mom's day at the same time so.... :).

I love them all! I have found a use for all of them! I do have the Paper Doll one, but haven't used it yet.

My favorite seems to be Beyond Birthdays, Celebrations, Calligraphy, and the Wedding Solutions cart. This is so far for what I have made.

I just ordered Mini Monograms, Paper Pups, Going Places and Jasmine - all for $108 w/shipping:)!

I suggest you go on cricut.com and click on the "Learn something new" in the right hand bottom corner. This will get you to the message board. Then click on Cartridge Exploration. This has crafts people have made with each cartridge. You can also go back to "products" then click on cartridges and it will show you the details of each cartridge.

Forgot to mention. Watch for sales at JoAnn's and Michaels on the carts. JoAnn's has had them for $39.99 a lot lately. If they don't have the cart you want Michaels will honor their add price if you take it in with you.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's one of those black bugs that keeps you awake during the Summer - at least, when you hear him chirping in your bedroom.

I should have known you would give it to me straight! :p

Rhonda, I had a 12% off code for OMC. And they had Beach and Lyrical as a package for less than $100 - which is what I got.

Hey Ann,

Yeah I see they have it for $99 right now. I found the 12% off code online; however, not sure if it will still work.

How fast was their shipping? So far they haven't shipped my order out yet from 2 days ago.

Thanks,

I saw that they have 15% off. Do they typically ship quickly? I think I'm caving and getting a few cartridges. Technically, it's 5 of them (4 for a deal and the new lyrical one). I only have 1 shape & 1 font one right now. I maybe be a bit overwhelmed!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

DessertDivaFL said:
I should have known you would give it to me straight! :p

It's the least I could do with one of those subjects that bugs me.

KG I was just thinking how I hadn't seen many post from you in a while - should have known you would bring your humor to mine:p!

I love that you bring me a laugh for the day;)!

Jules711 said:
I saw that they have 15% off. Do they typically ship quickly? I think I'm caving and getting a few cartridges. Technically, it's 5 of them (4 for a deal and the new lyrical one). I only have 1 shape & 1 font one right now. I maybe be a bit overwhelmed!

I don't know. This was my first order from them. So far 2 days and they haven't shipped yet, but that's not long. I'll let you know.

I don't think you will be overwhelmed - I think you will have a blast:)!

P.S. If you lived close to me we could scap together and you could borrow some of my carts!

A little too far. About 7 or 8 hours maybe? I'm just having a little guilt over buying so much. MOstly b/c it's almost my bday and I'm snagging an idea. That's okay...I want to go on a clothes shopping spree too so that I can have clothes that actually fit. While it's fun to get rid of clothes that are too big, it's sad to not be able to dress very nicely when I had clothes I loved. Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to the Paper Doll cart!!

pampchefrhondab said:
KG I was just thinking how I hadn't seen many post from you in a while - should have known you would bring your humor to mine:p!

I love that you bring me a laugh for the day;)!

I just saw a subject that made me what to chirp in.

Jules711 said:
A little too far. About 7 or 8 hours maybe? I'm just having a little guilt over buying so much. MOstly b/c it's almost my bday and I'm snagging an idea. That's okay...I want to go on a clothes shopping spree too so that I can have clothes that actually fit. While it's fun to get rid of clothes that are too big, it's sad to not be able to dress very nicely when I had clothes I loved. Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to the Paper Doll cart!!

Yeah, that's too far! Yeah, I feel quilty about taking away ideas for Mother's Day, but I really don't want my huppy to know how much they cost!

Buying smaller clothes is really nice! I wish I could stick to my diet and buy smaller clothes!!

Post a picture when you make your first paper doll okay? Can't wait to see it!

pampchefrhondab said:
Hey Ann,

Yeah I see they have it for $99 right now. I found the 12% off code online; however, not sure if it will still work.

How fast was their shipping? So far they haven't shipped my order out yet from 2 days ago.

Thanks,
I ordered Monday, and still haven't gotten the "we shipped" note. I got one that it was charged to my card and was picking. Mine's a fairly large order - I splurged on the bundle of 4 cartridges, the 2 new ones, and a bundle that was the software with a jukebox. Oh, and a set of blades. (I kept almost ordering a deep cut blade and a sheet of the magnet material.)

I should have ordered the new carts when I ordered my 4 - I would have saved on shipping.

I may have to wait a little while on the 2 new carts since I just spent some money at the Stampin Up party tonight! I had a good time:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
I'm sure nobody has probably noticed I haven't been on CS much lateley, but it's because I've found a new love!
I have another thread I just have to check every day since I got my Cricut;)!! I have been making so many cards. I also made little Easter baskets for my niece's and nephew's. It has been so much fun!
I just wanted to let you know I'll never leave CS though and it's always first in my heart:)!!

Wow! Rhonda you are so lucky! My sis and I went to a 15 hr. crop several weeks ago that benefited the Dana & Christopher Reeves Foundation and one of the gals had one there. My sister fell in love, too; she just recently spent the Christmas $ she'd been saving for several years to get one. Now if she can find the time to 'play'!

DessertDivaFL said:

This one...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/JiminyCricket.jpg/250px-JiminyCricket.jpg

...taught me how to spell E-N-C-Y-C-L-O-P-E-D-I-A.

I love the Cricut too!!! My sister has one that I can play with whenever I want, I just have to make time to go play! I want the Expression, but haven't talked myself into it yet! LOL There is so much more you can do with the Cricut besides just scrapbooking, although that's what I would use it for, but you can do those wall sayings that are so popular and so expensive now. The possibilities are endless, I sound like a commercial!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This one...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/JiminyCricket.jpg/250px-JiminyCricket.jpg

Ha!
Me, too. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This one...

chefann said:
Ha!
Me, too. :)

Too bad he didn't also teach us to spell O-B-S-O-L-E-T-E. Then again, he didn't teach the guys who started the replacement the proper spelling of G-O-O-G-O-L, either.

Robyn - Yes I feel very lucky - especially since I actually have 2 Cricuts! I feel very blessed. I just wish I had more time to play too!

Shawna - That's great you can borrow your sisters. My sister will probably borrow my litte Cricut Create too.

KG - He taught me too - I'm no fool, no sirree. I'm gonna live to be 93!

I so want one! It is on my list of things to get once my room is finished. We are refinishing part of our floored attic. I will now have my own 12x24x8 office & craft room! I am soooo excited!

Michaels has cartridges for $39.99 - if you have one around you.

They also have the unit on sale this week, $190 for the Create.

stacywhitlow said:
I so want one! It is on my list of things to get once my room is finished. We are refinishing part of our floored attic. I will now have my own 12x24x8 office & craft room! I am soooo excited!

Oh, I'm so jealous! I would love to have my own office/craft room!

Yeah, I saw the $39.99 price. I can't go until tomorrow. I'm hoping I find the Life's a Beach! If they don't have it I'll try JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby - they both honor the sale price.

$190 is a good price for the Create. I got mine for $199. The Create does everything the Expression - lots more features then the org. Cricut. The Create is just smaller.

Today Only - HSN has the Cricut Expression w/5 Cartridges, spatula, scraper, inks, pads, etc. and also My Story for $399.95. This is a Really good deal!! You can also put it on 5 easy pays (pay for it for five months)! Oh, and free shipping!

They sold out of the first special, but have now added more!

Project idea!Attention Cricuteers!I wanted to share this with you, and the instructions, since much of the materials are on sale this week at Michael's. It's a Help Whip Cancer banner that I'm making for a craft/vendor show tomorrow.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/CIMG0201.jpgFor the triangles, black paper, cut into 8" banners using the Calligraphy Collection cartridge. You can use 1/2 of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet for each triangle, just put it on the mat 1/8" in from the left, and use Portrait orientation. Better yet, if you have the software, fill a sheet of them alternating so that you waste less paper. (My software is en route from Oh My Crafts and should be delivered Monday - figures.) You'll need 16 triangles - 14 for the letters, and 2 for the spaces.The letters are cut from patterned paper from a collection called "Sabrina." It's by Making Memories. My Michaels had it marked on clearance this week. There are 18 patterns in the pack, 2 pages of each, and they look GREAT with this year's HWC apron! Heck, one of them looks like a white and pink version of the Damask print. I cut the letters from 3 patterns, alternating, using the Opposite option on the Opposites Attract cartridge, 3" high letters (all caps). The patterns I used are the Damask, houndstooth, and one with large white circles of polkadots on a pink background.Adhere the letters to the triangles. If you want to make it a little fancier, the Opposites Attract cartridge does have an Opposite Shadow option. You could cut those from a solid pink and end up with a little bit of pink showing behind the letters. (I thought of that after I had glued them all down.) String the triangles on light pink ribbon. You won't need to even punch holes for the ribbon because the holes are cut as part of the triangles. Michael's has their Spool O' Ribbon on sale this week for 20¢, and there's a light pink that's a perfect match.I'm going to take an adhesive pen with me to the event, and stick the ribbon to the backs of the triangles once I get it spaced to fit the spot where I'm hanging it, so that they don't shift during the day.

This is the completed banner. Sorry the photo isn't super-crisp.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/CIMG0203.jpgI've got a punch that makes awareness ribbons. I might punch some of those and put them on the bottom of each triangle.(And since someone asked about my living room paint in another thread, I'm pre-emptively stating that this is my dining room and it's American Traditions Del Fonda Tile Red. It's the same color as a tile roof, or terra cotta flower pot.)

I bought a Cricut off e-bay last year for my birthday. Love It!
Came w/George cart., I got the Going Places cart. - use it all the time!
This years b-day I ordered (OMC) Paper Pups & Beyond Birthdays, they're so fun!
I really want the new one - Graphically Speaking. Life's a Beach is top of my list too. My girlfiend has several of the ones I want, so I get use hers which is nice! Also on my want list is Calligraphy Collection; Wedding Solutions; Storybook; Stretch Your Imagination and Walk in My Garden.

Thanks for the idea of the adheisive on the mat, I'll try it out b 4 next weekend.

And something I just discovered.... some cartridges have Cricut rewards points in them. Cartridges purchased in 2008 and 2009 are eligible, but not all cartridge titles are. There'll be a serial number in the box that you can enter on the Cricut Rewards website, and redeem for cartridges or apparel (t shirts, apron, etc.). The Calligraphy Collection is one that's points eligible. ---
Cricut Rewards can be found in any cartridge that was released for individual sale during 2008 and thereafter. During 2008 we released 12 Solutions cartridges and 13 full-sized cartridges.29-0537 Stone Script 50 Points
29-0538 Sans Serif 50 Points
29-0539 Indie Art 50 Points
29-0540 Baseball 50 Points
29-0541 Soccer 50 Points
29-0542 Home Accents 50 Points
29-0543 Campout 50 Points
29-0544 Wedding 50 Points
29-0547 Street Sign 50 Points
29-0535 Winnie the Pooh and Friends 100 Points
29-0536 Winnie the Pooh Font 100 Points
29-0590 Graphically Speaking 90 Points
29-0589 Storybook 90 Points
29-0521 Sports Mania 90 Points
29-0711 Blackletter 50 Points
29-0592 Calligraphy Collection 90 Points
29-0591 Wild Card 90 Points
29-0693 Christmas 50 Points
29-0694 Basketball 50 Points
29-0696 Tinker Bell and Friends (Disney) 100 Points
29-0697 Cars (Disney and Pixar) 100 Points
29-0698 Hello Kitty Greetings (Sanrio) 100 Points
29-0699 Hello Kitty Font (Sanrio) 100 Points
29-0700 Friends (Sesame Street) 100 Points
29-0701 Font (Sesame Street) 100 Points New for 2009!
29-0707 Life is a Beach 90 Points
29-0708 Lyrical Letters 90 Points

chefann said:
(And since someone asked about my living room paint in another thread, I'm pre-emptively stating that this is my dining room and it's American Traditions Del Fonda Tile Red. It's the same color as a tile roof, or terra cotta flower pot.)

Was Del related to Henry?

pampchefrhondab said:

I LOVE my CriCut!!!!! Wal-Mart has great prices on the cartridges and accessories:love:

OMC is having a Cricut weekend sale - extra 10% off all Cricut items OR free shipping on orders over $50 in contiguous 48 states. They also have paper on sale.Use code CRICUT10 for 10% off; CRICUT48 for shipping.
Email here: Constant Contact(R) is unavailable until further notice... (Constant Contact was down for maintenance when I posted this, but the link is the "view as web page" link from the email)

So, if a Cricut is 10% off, is it a short Cricut?I would think that might trip a Beaker.

I feel psychic that i for some reason knew this was a cricut thread.! Chef Ann you had me laughing my butt of visualizing you hiding your cricut from hubby. You know if you ever need me to I could always store it here for you. LOL!!! ;)

I keep seeing the word as "Circuit" so I get a charge out of this thread.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
So, if a Cricut is 10% off, is it a short Cricut?

I would think that might trip a Beaker.
HA!!

In my mind, I still pronounce it cry-cut.

My box just came!! Now I just want to play all afternoon. Well, until DH gets home...The Lyrical Letters cartridge is awesome!!

I got a Cricut for Mothers Day......LOVE IT! I just went on Ebay and bought 4 carts, Doodlecharms, Stretch your Imagination, Paperdoll Dress up, and Opposites Attract (all for only $110). I'm so excited, I can't wait to get them. I really want Life's a Beach. Maybe thats what I'll ask for for my Birthiversary (Birthday June 4th, Anniversary June 5th, Husbands Birthday June 6th)!

starrmarie said:
I got a Cricut for Mothers Day......LOVE IT! I just went on Ebay and bought 4 carts, Doodlecharms, Stretch your Imagination, Paperdoll Dress up, and Opposites Attract (all for only $110). I'm so excited, I can't wait to get them. I really want Life's a Beach. Maybe thats what I'll ask for for my Birthiversary (Birthday June 4th, Anniversary June 5th, Husbands Birthday June 6th)!

Congrats on your new Cricut!! I just got a call from Michael's. Life's a Beach is in stock now and they are holding it for me! They had carts on sale for $29.99 a few weeks ago - so I'm getting a really good price:D!

I just had a post on Cricut.com that was chosen for a "chirp" in their newsletter! It was the Mother's Day cards I made. I have posted them here.

Have fun with your Cricut!

Attachments

• IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 278
<h2>1. What is a Cricut?</h2><p>A Cricut is a personal electronic cutting machine that allows you to cut a variety of materials such as paper, vinyl, and fabric into intricate designs and shapes. It is a popular tool for crafting and scrapbooking.</p><h2>2. What makes the Cricut different from other cutting machines?</h2><p>The Cricut uses special software and cartridges to create designs, making it easy for beginners to use. It also has precise cutting capabilities and can cut a wide range of materials.</p><h2>3. Do I need any special skills to use a Cricut?</h2><p>No, the Cricut is designed for both beginners and experienced crafters. The software is user-friendly and the machine comes with detailed instructions on how to use it.</p><h2>4. Can I only use the Cricut for paper crafting?</h2><p>No, the Cricut can cut a variety of materials including paper, vinyl, cardstock, fabric, and even wood. This makes it a versatile tool for a wide range of crafting projects.</p><h2>5. Where can I find inspiration and ideas for Cricut projects?</h2><p>There are many online resources available for Cricut users, such as blogs, YouTube tutorials, and social media groups. You can also find project ideas and inspiration on the official Cricut website and through the company's social media channels.</p>

1. What is a Cricut?

A Cricut is a personal electronic cutting machine that allows you to cut a variety of materials such as paper, vinyl, and fabric into intricate designs and shapes. It is a popular tool for crafting and scrapbooking.

2. What makes the Cricut different from other cutting machines?

The Cricut uses special software and cartridges to create designs, making it easy for beginners to use. It also has precise cutting capabilities and can cut a wide range of materials.

3. Do I need any special skills to use a Cricut?

No, the Cricut is designed for both beginners and experienced crafters. The software is user-friendly and the machine comes with detailed instructions on how to use it.

4. Can I only use the Cricut for paper crafting?

No, the Cricut can cut a variety of materials including paper, vinyl, cardstock, fabric, and even wood. This makes it a versatile tool for a wide range of crafting projects.

5. Where can I find inspiration and ideas for Cricut projects?

There are many online resources available for Cricut users, such as blogs, YouTube tutorials, and social media groups. You can also find project ideas and inspiration on the official Cricut website and through the company's social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies