• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Is 8/8/08 Considered Lucky for Chinese?

In summary, Joy is running a contest and giving away eight one-month subscriptions/extensions, plus one eight-month subscription. There is a $8 for 8 months special for new subscribers who sign up between 8 am and 8 pm Pacific time. Referral bonuses still apply.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
Hi everyone,

In honor of 8/8/08, (a lucky day for me cuz I'm Chinese!), I'm running a contest on my blog and giving away 8 one-month subscriptions/extensions, plus one 8-month subscription. All you have to do is leave a comment here: http://www.tastytidbits.net/?p=58

I'm also running an $8 for 8 months special (this is HALF PRICE!) for new subscribers who sign up between 8 am and 8 pm Pacific time, so this it the time to sign up -- or tell all your clustermates who aren't already signed up. Referral bonuses still apply - you get a free month for every new person who signs up and lists you as a referral.

Good luck and have a great day!!!

Who wants me as their referral?

Me too! I am going to see if this can work into my budget!

Me me me! I'm signed up. Want to be my referral Kelly? :)

sk8rgrrl99 said:

Post, PM, or email me your email address so I can use you! (Is that what we put down for the referral?)

I can be your referral too!! I LOVE Tasty Tidbits and so do my customers!! This is the BEST newsletter service out there!!! Way to go Joy!!!

I PM'ed you Kelly. :)

ARGH! I just signed up the other night and have been workign with Joy all day yesterday! :-( Oh well.

I'm doing it!! You can use me as your referral as well!

pampered.chris said:
I can be your referral too!! I LOVE Tasty Tidbits and so do my customers!! This is the BEST newsletter service out there!!! Way to go Joy!!!

PM me your email address and I'll let you know by the end of the day if we can work this into my budget right now. I am on unemployment since my PC isn't where I can live on it since I lost my FT job in June, so we'll have to see!

Joy~When I go to pay, this is what I come up with....

Error Detected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were unable to decrypt the certificate id.

I have never used a newsletter service so I have a question. If I sign up today will this months newsletter be sent to me right away or do I have to wait until next month? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

jesusluvsu2005 said:
I have never used a newsletter service so I have a question. If I sign up today will this months newsletter be sent to me right away or do I have to wait until next month? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

When you sign up she gives the cut off date to receive this month's newsletter. However you can request it from her and she will send it to you. That is what I did.

PampMomof3 said:

Error Detected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting the same error here...just emailed Joy to see what to do!

jesusluvsu2005 said:
God bless,
Amanda

When I just signed up, it said my subscription would start in September, but that I would receive the August one as soon as everything processed!

Her site is probably getting bombarded!!! :):)

I am sure!

I have considered going back to an email newsletter subscription for a while, and this pushed me off the fence!

PampMomof3 said:

Error Detected

I got the same message, Joy! Let me know how to take care of payment. :) Thanks!

Hang tight - let me see if I can fix the paypal code...

sklay723 said:
I got the same message, Joy! Let me know how to take care of payment. :) Thanks!

OK, I just used your email address to transfer the money through PayPal. Please let me know when you've received it so that I know I did this correctly! Thanks so much. :)

:)

(ETA: removed a link to prevent confusion)

Last edited:
How fun! I've been debating on trying this.....does everyone get good feedback, or do you ever get people that can't open it, or see the pics? This has been the only thing holding me back, because sometimes I have issues opening things...

What do you all usually use as the header of your newsletter? Do you use your name or something like "In The Kitchen with..." I'd like something different but not sure of what. Any ideas?
Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

You all can use me as a referral if anyone would like to................... I love her newsletter........... Good Idea Joy..............

PampChefJoy said:
Okay -- if you already subscribed and got the payment page error - try this link:

http://www.tastytidbits.net/?page_id=66

That worked! Thanks Joy!

I call my Newsletter "Pampered Chris's Monthly Newsletter". My customers have not told me that they can't open the pictures or get to the links. I have received so much POSITIVE feedback from this!! I LOVE IT!!
If you decide to try it you can mention me as a referral or one of the others listed here. My email is [email protected].

I hope you try this out...Joy does such a great job!!!

I am signing up but I am stuck on a name also. I was thinking about What's Cookin. But I am not sure.

It worked Joy! Thanks!

Just give me a day to get these all processed. Can't do too much from work during the day (tee-hee).

Not a problem!! you ROCK!!

Thanks Joy just signed up. And thanks Kristi for letting me use you as a referral.

Jennie4PC said:
Thanks Joy just signed up. And thanks Kristi for letting me use you as a referral.

No No Jennie, Thank you!!!

Sans Sarducci!

For all of you who are signing up for TastyTid Bit's you will not regret it one iota!

I just signed up about two weeks ago and sent out my Fall Flash to my customer's and received a booking for September off it!:thumbup:

With my previous newsletter service that I had and still do (until my subscription runs out) for two years I never received anything from it.

Joy you are awesome and I truly thank you for providing us such a wonderful service!

I had been making my own, wasting tons of time and energy. After talking with Laurie and NOT hearing from 123byrequest.com I knew Joy would be the go to girl for me!! :) I can't be happier! I just signed up the other night and have told all my clustermates where to go!!!

Please use me as a referral too! (Rebecca Dowd) (I used Laurie as my referral)

I still have a couple of months left on my news letter but I'm going to get this too! I will use whoever posts on my visitor messages first as my referral. :) Then PM me your information.

Gracias!!! Can't wait to get it. I was going to get it anyway later but I can't resist a Special!!!

Joy, I just sent you an email about the email address I put on my subscription - duh :grumpy:! I gave you the wrong thing. Please fix that. ...sorry :rolleyes:

Hey all - I just wanted to let you know - those of you who have posted comments -- it asked for your URL and some of you put it on there - I'm going to delete the references to the .biz websites. I don't want you or I to get in trouble from HO!

FYI: QuickDrawMcKelly is my referral! :)

sk8rgrrl99 said:

Sarah, I just used you as my referral!! Enjoy!

Feel free, someone can use me, Vanessa Williams as their referral!! I'd love it if you did!!:thumbup::balloon:

Someone can use me too Paula Felix as there referral too. This is an awesome newletter and Joy does a wonderful job.:thumbup:;)

lacychef said:
How fun! I've been debating on trying this.....does everyone get good feedback, or do you ever get people that can't open it, or see the pics? This has been the only thing holding me back, because sometimes I have issues opening things...

Lacy I have had rave reviews from my customers. I have past hosts or customers at shows go this is awesome you should giver her your email. I have gotten more email contacts this way. Remember it keeps your name in front of them.

Thanks Joy for all your hard work & generosity.

:angel:pampered.Chris referred me. Clicking on that link, there wasn't a place to put the person who referred me! Thanks so much for all you do!

pcchefjane - I'm not sure what you're referring to... do you mean there wasn't a place for the referral on the subscription form? Or are you looking for a place to name a referral on the comments on the blog? (there isn't one).

It's lunch time in Sunny California and I just signed up. I saw the referral box, had no problems. Very excited, cant wait to get the first one!!

vwpamperedchef said:
Feel free, someone can use me, Vanessa Williams as their referral!! I'd love it if you did!!:thumbup::balloon:

Vanessa I just used you as my referral. :)

Thanks Joy. I love the newsletter!

Finally got the subscription form to work! If you can't figure out how to connect me with the PayPal payment, let me know! Thanks a bunch! If anyone has anything ugly to say to you about not being "fast enough", some of us who have patience I'm sure will be glad to "talk" with them! LOL!;)

Last edited:
I signed up as well! I am looking forward to getting my first one! WOO HOO!

Joy, I don't know if it matters but the email on my Paypal account is not the same one that I use for Pampered Chef (that I signed up under). I hope it doesn't cause any confusion. Thanks for the great offer and the super newsletter.

Thanks Laurie for the referral!

THANKS EVERYONE for making it a GREAT LUCKY DAY!!! I hope you enjoy your newsletters. I'm home from work, daughter's gymnastics, and quick dinner catchup with a friend, and will be working this evening on getting everyone processed. You should be receiving August's newsletter tonight, and your paid sub will start with September's issue.

<h2>1. How do I enter the "It's Your Lucky Day!" contest?</h2><p>To enter the contest, simply leave a comment on the designated blog post on our website. It's that easy!</p><h2>2. What are the prizes for the contest?</h2><p>We will be giving away 8 one-month subscriptions/extensions and one 8-month subscription. That's a total of 9 lucky winners!</p><h2>3. What is the $8 for 8 months special?</h2><p>The $8 for 8 months special is a half-price deal for new subscribers who sign up between 8 am and 8 pm Pacific time. This is a great opportunity to sign up or refer friends to sign up for our subscription services.</p><h2>4. How can I refer friends to sign up for the subscription?</h2><p>You can refer friends by having them list you as their referral when they sign up for our subscription services. For every new person who signs up and lists you as their referral, you will receive a free month!</p><h2>5. When is the deadline to enter the contest?</h2><p>The deadline to enter the contest is 8 pm Pacific time on 8/8/08. Don't miss out on your chance to win! </p>

1. How do I enter the "It's Your Lucky Day!" contest?

To enter the contest, simply leave a comment on the designated blog post on our website. It's that easy!

2. What are the prizes for the contest?

We will be giving away 8 one-month subscriptions/extensions and one 8-month subscription. That's a total of 9 lucky winners!

3. What is the $8 for 8 months special?

The $8 for 8 months special is a half-price deal for new subscribers who sign up between 8 am and 8 pm Pacific time. This is a great opportunity to sign up or refer friends to sign up for our subscription services.

4. How can I refer friends to sign up for the subscription?

You can refer friends by having them list you as their referral when they sign up for our subscription services. For every new person who signs up and lists you as their referral, you will receive a free month!

5. When is the deadline to enter the contest?

The deadline to enter the contest is 8 pm Pacific time on 8/8/08. Don't miss out on your chance to win!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
momoftwins
  • PampChefJoy