• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What role does attitude play in the success of a direct sales business?

In summary, the conversation highlighted the importance of having a positive attitude in business. A consultant shared her experience with a repeat host who had a low turnout at her party and was discouraged about collecting orders. However, another consultant had a successful party during the same time, showing that people are still buying. The conversation emphasized the role of attitude in success and encouraged consultants to stay positive and proactive in their business.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
It’s all about your attitude! I had a show last weekend that really made me think about this. She was a repeat host who had a show 6 months ago. I remember her asking me then how the economy was affecting my business. And I remember telling her at that time that things were wonderful and great! Fast forward to this last weekend... She had ONE person show up to her party! As I was washing dishes, she was discussing ideas with her husband on how to collect more orders since she was only at $100. I heard her husband say “Well, no one is buying right now!” A little while later the host asked if he would like to take some catalogs to his work to help collect orders. He shot her the dirtiest look as if to say “NO ONE IS BUYING AND I’M NOT ASKING THEM!” I left the show after encouraging her to call everyone who didn’t make it and see if they wanted anything, she said she would TRY. I called a fellow consultant on my way home who told me during the same time, she had a $1000 show! The host had been excited, telling everyone at her party and collected a ton of outside orders. I called my host last night to close her show. She still didn’t have any other orders. She said she called one friend who said she would look at the catalog but when I asked if she called the friend back to see if she was ready to order, she told me she didn’t want to bother her friend. I once again encouraged her to call the friend as she would not have any benefits since her show didn’t reach $150.

This story just reminds me that it’s all about your attitutde. If you are pretty sure you aren’t going to get much, guess what... You aren’t! Same thing goes with our hosts as it does ourselves. We need to remember to be upbeat and talk to everyone about our business. Blaming the economy and such isn’t an excuse, it’s just a bad attitude. I just had my highest month ever in November (after the market hit it’s all time low) and my highest show ever in February. I currently have 5 shows booked in April and 6 in May. People are booking parties and people are buying! Get out there and work your business! If you talk to enough people, you will get enough sales, enough bookings and enough leads!

As my director always says “Are you going to LET things happen or MAKE things happen? Only you have the choice!”

You're absolutely right. What a clear illustration that we find what we're looking for. I only wish for your sake you'd been the one with the $1,000 show. :)

Sounds like the bad apple was the spouse, making her feel bad for even asking! That's sad really.

Allison - thanks so much for your post. This is exactly what my director and I were chatting about this morning.

I like your post so much that I just copied it and am sending it to my director in an email!

wadesgirl said:
As my director always says “Are you going to LET things happen or MAKE things happen? Only you have the choice!”

And your director is VERY, VERY proud of you!!! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Allison - thanks so much for your post. This is exactly what my director and I were chatting about this morning.

I like your post so much that I just copied it and am sending it to my director in an email!
Awe, now you are making me blush!

DebinIA said:
And your director is VERY, VERY proud of you!!! :D
Thanks! I have to say I have one of the best director's in the world!

That is very true. I had a catalog host that didn't have $150 in sales and I asked if she'd contacted everyone that she'd spoken with. She kind of had the don't want to bother them attitude. I told her it's not unusual for people to forget to call even if they WANT something so call them and just let them know you are closing your show and wanted to make sure their order was included if they wanted something. Just saying something that wasn't asking for an order, but more informing them.She was up for that and I could hear her attitude change. She came back with a few orders, one for almost $90! Imagine if she hadn't bothered making the calls or called with the they don't want something attitude. She didn't have a huge show, but it just about tripled so she was happy.To be fair though, sometimes a persons group of friends really can't order then. But people still SPEND money. Each person is different with WHERE they spend it.

And, my director liked it so much - she forwarded it to the whole cluster....here is her comment above your post:

I agree with the quote below! To share a little story: I was thinking today "ugh, the economy" and then I got an email from a customer/past host who was in a panic. Her stone (of about 8 years) was broken. She "needed" a replacement right away. I happen to have one in mybasement and she asked if I could bring it to her at work (she works at the school). I said I would. She mentioned that she "can't live without it". How often do you hear that? All the time! Remember the quote, "Pampered Chef? I love Pampered Chef". People LOVE our business and our products. Share with enough people and you business can be what you want. I only had three shows on my calendar for April (up until last week even!). I probably made a record number of customer care calls. I booked three June shows, got a catalog extravaganza show going for May and eventually got three more dates for April! And, one of those hosts is determined to have my biggest show ever ($1,600 is the record!). That was worth the call....
Jennifer

So thanks again Allison - you probably won't ever know how many people you encouraged and challenged with your post today!

And Becky's Director's Advanced Director liked it so much that she forwarded it to her downline as well! She mentioned that it was well worth the time to read and I wholeheartedly agree! :D

Holy cow! Glad I posted it!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
And Becky's Director's Advanced Director liked it so much that she forwarded it to her downline as well! She mentioned that it was well worth the time to read and I wholeheartedly agree! :D

And you know that if if it gets her to send out an email, it's gotta be good!:D:D:D

My director even included it in her newsletter this week! I really didn't think when I posted this that I would make that much of an impact!

wadesgirl said:
My director even included it in her newsletter this week! I really didn't think when I posted this that I would make that much of an impact!

LOL - You've gone Viral!:D:D:D

That is great!! I passed it on to my fellow clustermates too.

ChefBeckyD said:
And you know that if if it gets her to send out an email, it's gotta be good!:D:D:D

:D That is so true! Just like Becky said, Allison, you'll never know how many people you encouraged and helped!

1. What is "It's All About Your Attitude!"?

"It's All About Your Attitude!" is a motivational cookbook filled with delicious recipes and inspiring quotes to help you maintain a positive attitude in the kitchen and in life.

2. Who wrote "It's All About Your Attitude!"?

The cookbook was written by the founder of Pampered Chef, Doris Christopher, and her daughter, Cindy Monroe.

3. Are the recipes in "It's All About Your Attitude!" easy to make?

Yes, the cookbook features simple and quick recipes that are perfect for busy individuals and families.

4. Can I purchase "It's All About Your Attitude!" online?

Yes, you can purchase the cookbook on our official Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

5. How can "It's All About Your Attitude!" benefit me?

This cookbook not only provides delicious recipes, but also encourages a positive and grateful mindset, which can lead to a happier and more fulfilling life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • AmyDare
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl