• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hostess Shipment Mishap: Addressing Lost or Stolen Items

In summary, the hostess lost two bags of products that she had distributed to her coworkers. She inquired about the whereabouts of these products and was told that they were stolen from her desk area. PC fulfilled their part of the order, but the hostess is responsible for the products that were lost.
sailortena
Hi, I had a unique experience with one of my hosts. She is a coworker and everything arrived in her shipment. When she put everything in bags she brought them to work to distribute them. Well, she went home during Memorial Day Weekend and came back to work finding that two bags she didn't hand out were missing or stolen from her desk area.

I personally attribute this loss of product to host error, and when she sent an email to the office looking for her products, I told her to email me if she ended not finding them and I will see what I could do about reordering them.

So PC fulfilled their part on this order, but the hostess got careless. What is to be done? Should she reorder the items she lost on her own dime?

Unfortunately...WOW, If she received the items then it is her responsibility not PC to reorder them on her dime. This is a tricky situation now because you don't want to burn any bridges but she ultimitely is responsible for the items because they were in her possession even though they were stolden!!!:(

I feel for you though, hopefully the stolen items will turn up...if she does reorder then maybe you could order them with your discount so it won't be so much!

One of my Hosts had products stolen out of the back of her truck. . .yep she paid for them. They were her responsibility at that point.

If this doesn't make you squeamish, order these products on another Host's order so she can get a bigger discount than 10%.

Another suggestion would be that maybe your Director could order them for her with her 40% discount? (or whatever her discount is). I have no idea if this is legal or not, but it is an idea.

I offered to reorder them for her with my 20% discount. One person had ordered a garlic press and she said she bought one somewhere else for cheaper and gave her that one (!!) and gave her mother some of her own products. So far I have not heard back on anything else she needs. I was rather disturbed that she bought a non-PC garlic press for this person who specifically ordered a PC one!!!

That's Crazy...She actually bought a non-PC product to give in place of the one ordered. Oh my gosh!!!:eek:

WOW! I really hope you call that customer and explain what happened and that what she got was NOT a PC item! That reflects poorly on PC if she thinks that she bought one thing and got another... Especially when we're talking about THE Garlic Press!

1. How does Pampered Chef handle situations where items are reported as "stolen" from a host?

If a host reports that items were stolen from their event, Pampered Chef takes the matter seriously and will investigate the situation. We ask that the host provides us with a list of the missing items and any relevant information, such as who had access to the area where the items were stored. Our team will work with the host to try and locate the missing items or provide a resolution.

2. Will the host be responsible for replacing the stolen items?

No, the host will not be held responsible for replacing any stolen items. We understand that accidents can happen and we do not want our hosts to incur any additional expenses. Our team will work to find a solution that is fair for both the host and Pampered Chef.

3. What if the items were not actually stolen but misplaced or accidentally taken by a guest?

In cases where items were not actually stolen but misplaced or accidentally taken by a guest, we ask that the host reach out to their guests and try to locate the missing items. If the items are still not found, our team will work with the host to find a solution, such as offering a discount on replacements.

4. Are there any preventive measures that hosts can take to avoid items being stolen?

While we cannot guarantee that items will never be stolen, there are some preventive measures that hosts can take. For example, they can designate a secure area for storing items, limit access to that area, and keep a record of who has access to the items. Additionally, hosts can also consider having a friend or family member help with keeping track of the items during the event.

5. What happens if the missing items are found after a resolution has been reached?

If the missing items are found after a resolution has been reached, we ask that the host contacts us immediately. Our team will work with the host to determine the best course of action, which may include canceling the resolution and returning any related funds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LBurke
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
LBurke
  • tabnat80
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • sarahlegare