• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Items "stolen" from host

sailortena

Feb 3, 2006
Hi, I had a unique experience with one of my hosts. She is a coworker and everything arrived in her shipment. When she put everything in bags she brought them to work to distribute them. Well, she went home during Memorial Day Weekend and came back to work finding that two bags she didn't hand out were missing or stolen from her desk area.

I personally attribute this loss of product to host error, and when she sent an email to the office looking for her products, I told her to email me if she ended not finding them and I will see what I could do about reordering them.

So PC fulfilled their part on this order, but the hostess got careless. What is to be done? Should she reorder the items she lost on her own dime?

Apr 29, 2006
Unfortunately...

WOW, If she received the items then it is her responsibility not PC to reorder them on her dime. This is a tricky situation now because you don't want to burn any bridges but she ultimitely is responsible for the items because they were in her possession even though they were stolden!!!:(

I feel for you though, hopefully the stolen items will turn up...if she does reorder then maybe you could order them with your discount so it won't be so much!

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
One of my Hosts had products stolen out of the back of her truck. . .yep she paid for them. They were her responsibility at that point.

If this doesn't make you squeamish, order these products on another Host's order so she can get a bigger discount than 10%.

jenniferlynne

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2005
Another suggestion would be that maybe your Director could order them for her with her 40% discount? (or whatever her discount is). I have no idea if this is legal or not, but it is an idea.

sailortena

Feb 3, 2006
I offered to reorder them for her with my 20% discount. One person had ordered a garlic press and she said she bought one somewhere else for cheaper and gave her that one (!!) and gave her mother some of her own products. So far I have not heard back on anything else she needs. I was rather disturbed that she bought a non-PC garlic press for this person who specifically ordered a PC one!!!

Oct 17, 2005
WOW! I really hope you call that customer and explain what happened and that what she got was NOT a PC item! That reflects poorly on PC if she thinks that she bought one thing and got another... Especially when we're talking about THE Garlic Press!