• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Items in Addition to Starter Kit?

no joke!) and the Deep Dish Baker. You can always use these items for savory or sweet recipes, and they will last for years!The All The Best Cookbook is a great investment, but I would only buy it if you plan to demo all of the recipes in it. I would not buy it if you only plan to use a few.The forged Cutlery Honer is a must have, and I also suggest the Petite Paring Knife. You'll need a knife to slice and dice, and the petite size is perfect for most kitchens. If you're looking for a non-kit item, the Santoku knife is a great option. I also love the Chef's Knife, but it's a bit more expensive
deliciousdiva
What products do you recommend I invest in, in addition to my stater kit for my initial shows? There are items I am sure Consultants swear by to maximize the showcasing of products during a show? Can you all share with me tips on products you would absolutely recommend I purchase to embellish the generous starter kit. I am planning on holding an initial catalog party for myself to order the pieces you recommend as key in demos. Also, which sample kit is the best? Thanks for your input! Examples of itemsI am contemplating are: egg slicer plus, Large micro cooker, can opener, the Santoku as host special (which knife in addition? petite paring?) Thanks for any advice you can share!

I can't live without the forged cutlery utility knife.

As a few people have pointed out this comes with the kit.

I use the santoku and chef's knife a lot. I think the new petite paring or boning would be great to add since you can get them at a great discount in august, either through the august show or off the sample kit.

Last edited:
tlennhoff said:

That's my favorite one too.
Some Spices & Rubs for sure.....and the All The Best Cookbook!

More $$ but the 12" Executive Family Skillet!!!

Get the TTA (Tool Turn About) to store all your small tools in.

The new starter kits come with the forged utility knife. I definitely say add the can opener (when ever I demo it, I sell several of them). I don't have the micro cookers--but I did invest in the Rice Cooker Plus after hearing on this site how it was great to demo with the molten lava choc cake. I just used it in my last show and sold 5 of them! Good luck!

One of my recruits was VERY frustrated until she got herself the Easy Accent Decorator!! It's amazing how many recipes use it!!

I also agree about the Family Skillet, but you may want it in Stainless Steel!!

Also, since fall/winter is approaching, I'd look to add Stoneware as you can afford it. The Rectangular Baker, Deep Covered Baker, and Deep Dish Baker are all "must haves" at some point!!

Probably the best advice I could give, however, is to sit down and figure out what recipes you'd like to do for the next 4 or 5 months, and that will give you a better idea of what products you'll actually need.

With September coming, and cookbooks on sale, I'd start with those and get as many as you can...why not get them for a reduced price, after all?!!

Also, if you are doing your own August show, if you get a half-price item, I'd sure consider the combos in the back of the catalog, especially the scraper collection, since it will be gone in September!!

Hope this helps!!

Paula

Can opener, 12" family skillet, easy read measuring cups (use them as your prep bowls plus you can measure big stuff), and tool turn about. These are what I suggest that I love to take with me.:)

But remember you are going to have the opportunity to earn PC $ so you can get these products for free! I would only buy what you need for your first few recipes.

Forged Cutlery Honer is a *MUST* (how else are you going to keep your knives sharp?)
Santoku knife
petite paring knife (closer to the size of most paring knives)
can opener
Family Size Skillet and lid is my MOST USED pan!
Rectangular Baker

Other than that...go with what YOU want! Even if you don't take it to a show, if you have it and use it at home, you can talk about how much you love it! I have started getting much more "select" at what I add to my collection. If I don't LOVE it, I don't need it!

tlennhoff said:
That knife is in the starter kit!

Oh! I had to break down and buy a set of prep bowls after my 2nd show. The kit comes with just two--not enough in my book!!!! I love the prep bowls and their lids for taking parts of the recipes already pre-measured to the shows. I would choose those over the easy read measuring cups since your kit comes with one already. But do wait--like the pp said--till you have those PC dollar$!

A lot of it depends on what types of shows you plan to offer, too. A clustermate always offers cozy soup shows in January, so she uses the stockpot from the cookware set or the casserole. If you don't plan on offering those, you won't have as urgent a need for those items.

I suggest a couple additional pieces of stoneware, especially the Deep Covered Baker (gotta love the 30 minute chicken and 10 minute pork shows!). The Trifle Bowl is another good item, because you can use it for dessert or salad shows. And with holiday entertaining season coming up, people want those special serving ideas.

DCB
can opener
Easy Read Measuring Cups
Triffle
Mix 'N Chop
Think about what you like to cook and get items that would help you in the kitchen. You sell what you use.

I ditto most of the posts, especially on family sized skillet, can opener, mix n chop and deep dish cranberry baker. I would also add the Salad Chopper cause if you show that, you will sell it (the catalog picture is and remains a poor visual of this awesome double bladed tool).

For other things (some of which just make your life easier during demos!) ....I would also suggest adding to your scraper collection, the silicone flat whisk, flour sugar shaker, kitchen spritzer, can strainer, twix-it clips, and a quick stir pitcher (especially now that we will have a "bites and bevs" theme show). The Bamboo Salad Tongs also sell well when you show them.

Personally, my number one fave is the Silicon basting brush. It is also my number one seller. I use it with my rings and braids, to brush on an egg wash (one little extra step - you can show off egg seperator, a wisk and the brush plus whatever bowl you wisk in). I then give it a quick rinse in the sink, and have them feel it. No slimy egg residue!

The other thing I would suggest is a Chillzane, even if you get the smallest bowl, to demo how cold it gets and stays.

Can opener, for sure. A nice piece of the glazed stoneware - sells great especially with autumn/winter coming up!

1. What are some popular items in addition to the starter kit?

Some popular items in addition to the starter kit include our classic 8-inch chef's knife, our versatile silicone oven mitts, and our non-stick baking sheets.

2. Can I customize my own set of items in addition to the starter kit?

Yes, you can customize your own set by selecting individual items from our catalog that best fit your cooking needs. Our consultants can also help you create a personalized set.

3. Are the items in addition to the starter kit sold separately?

Yes, the items in addition to the starter kit are sold separately. This allows you to choose and purchase only the items you want or need.

4. Are there any discounts for purchasing items in addition to the starter kit?

Yes, we offer special discounts for purchasing multiple items in addition to the starter kit. These discounts can be found on our website or by contacting your consultant.

5. Can I return or exchange items in addition to the starter kit?

Yes, you can return or exchange any items in addition to the starter kit within 60 days of purchase. Simply contact your consultant or our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
winklermom
  • Kristen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
gmosullivan
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies