• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I prevent items from getting stolen at shows?

In summary, the church group director said that she had her Weekday Dinners Done recipe cards stolen. She also suggested taking a checklist with her when she goes to shows to prevent this from happening again.
jj16
Gold Member
Okay so last week I did a show for a "church group". I used to be in a quilting group with them and I don't go to the same church. Someone took my small mix n scraper. I know it's a small item but it's just the principal of it. Do any of you have suggestions on preventing this from happening? My boyfriend suggested I take a checklist and even if it takes more time and don't leave until I get everything back.

I talked to my director and she said she had her Weekday Dinners Done recipe cards stolen.

Also since it is stolen and I'm kind of new which scraper do you like the best or is the most versatile?

TIA!

jj16

That's such a bummer. I haven't (knock on wood) had anything stolen, but I have read on here of others who have. Someone even posted once that her Santoku was stolen.You can write the stolen item off your taxes, and the new one you'll buy to replace it. I personally like the Small Mix 'N Scraper best.As for preventing it from happening... The best I can advise is to put your dirty dishes in one container as you use them, and either wash them up or pack them up before you leave that particular space. A check list of items you've brought would be a good idea too, but I don't know if it would do any good if the guest had already left with the item. Stealing in any form is a pretty low thing to do, but for your own peace of mind all you can do is bless and release. Either they really needed it badly, or they can't help themselves.

I've had things go missing, but I don't think anything was ever blatantly STOLEN. Things get left behind--it happens.

I just lost (or had stolen) my Weekday Dinners Done recipe cards, too!! Grrr...

Chefgirl2 said:
I just lost (or had stolen) my Weekday Dinners Done recipe cards, too!! Grrr...

After having a couple cookbooks walk off, I now put big stickers on the front of them that say CONSULTANT COPY. haven't lost one since.

DebbieJ said:
After having a couple cookbooks walk off, I now put big stickers on the front of them that say CONSULTANT COPY. haven't lost one since.

I had to do this with my cookbooks also. Especially during the guest cookbook special! They get a free cookbook so they automatically thought they'd get mine! LOL!

I don't think I've ever had anything out right stolen. That is too bad. Maybe the host will call soon and say she found it... maybe :)

I've never had anything stolen. I've left a couple of things behind and had to go back for them. I've also had people try to leave with my spices twice. Both times it was when the Guest Special was a free spice or rub. They chose, then tried to leave with mine. Both times I told them that the HO would send them a new, sealed, full bottle. They didn't have to be satisfied with my open, partial bottle.

I had read on here once that someone's skillet was stolen. I had a pair of bamboo tongs come up missing. Most of the other things that turn up missing, the host usually tells me that it was left at her house before I even miss it or soon after I miss it. I do tend to leave a trail when I go to shows! It's very common for me to forget something. LOLBut as a deterrent to crime, I mention it at my shows as part of my presentation. I tell them that I have the cookbooks to browse through, all the spices are open to smell, and that all the tools are there so that they can touch them and see how strong/sturdy they are ... but please be aware that these are NOT freebies, they are the supplies that I use for my business. I say it with a smile of course. Someone always jokes about stuff being taken which gives me the opportunity to say that unfortunately it happens. Then I tell them that I'm lucky and have only had a pair of bamboo tongs missing but other consultants have been unfortunate and had other more expensive items turn up missing. I also ask them to put the used tools in the large stainless steel bowl, that when tools go to the kitchen, it's more likely that I won't get home with everything. I have the rolling case and can put everything in dirty, then zip out the liner & toss it into the washing machine. The guests have been really great a about working with me at keeping all of my stuff together. It's more important as shows where the host has lots of products already. It's super easy to get their stuff & my stuff confused!!!

Sheila said:
I had read on here once that someone's skillet was stolen. I had a pair of bamboo tongs come up missing. Most of the other things that turn up missing, the host usually tells me that it was left at her house before I even miss it or soon after I miss it. I do tend to leave a trail when I go to shows! It's very common for me to forget something. LOL

But as a deterrent to crime, I mention it at my shows as part of my presentation. I tell them that I have the cookbooks to browse through, all the spices are open to smell, and that all the tools are there so that they can touch them and see how strong/sturdy they are ... but please be aware that these are NOT freebies, they are the supplies that I use for my business. I say it with a smile of course. Someone always jokes about stuff being taken which gives me the opportunity to say that unfortunately it happens. Then I tell them that I'm lucky and have only had a pair of bamboo tongs missing but other consultants have been unfortunate and had other more expensive items turn up missing. I also ask them to put the used tools in the large stainless steel bowl, that when tools go to the kitchen, it's more likely that I won't get home with everything. I have the rolling case and can put everything in dirty, then zip out the liner & toss it into the washing machine. The guests have been really great a about working with me at keeping all of my stuff together. It's more important as shows where the host has lots of products already. It's super easy to get their stuff & my stuff confused!!!

I always make sure and let my hosts know that their PC tools can stay in the drawer while I do the demo, because if they don't, at the end of the evening when I do my "swoop and grab" to pack up my kit, more than likely, something of theirs will go home with me! :D

I "lost" a cookbook once...and it was new! I didn't notice because I had taken all of them with me (cookbook month I think?). I had asked the host if I left it when I spoke with her later that week- she said no. But strangely enough, I overheard her telling a friend at another party last month about how fabulous the 29-min cookbook was. (That's the one that was lost). now, she may have gotten it from another show- but since I've been doing shows with her for most of the year, and this was the Volume 2 -29 minute book....I just wondered....Hmmmmmmm.Now I don't take as many small items, including cookbooks...but I may try putting labels on them now. That's a great idea. I also put my dirty dishes in a crate when I've used them...partly so I can wash at home, but also so things don't walk, or get mixed up with the host's items.

1. How can I prevent items from being stolen at my Pampered Chef show?

To prevent items from being stolen at your show, make sure to keep a close eye on your products and keep them in a secure location. You can also limit the number of items on display at one time and only bring out more as needed. Additionally, consider having a friend or family member help you keep an eye on things during the show.

2. What should I do if I notice an item missing during or after my Pampered Chef show?

If you notice an item missing during or after your show, first check to see if it may have been misplaced or accidentally packed up. If you still cannot find it, contact Pampered Chef customer service to report the missing item and they can assist you with next steps.

3. Are there any specific items that are more likely to be stolen at a Pampered Chef show?

No specific items are more likely to be stolen at a Pampered Chef show. However, high-value items or popular products may be more attractive to potential thieves. It is important to keep an eye on all of your products and take necessary precautions to prevent theft.

4. What should I do if I suspect a guest at my Pampered Chef show may have stolen an item?

If you suspect a guest at your show may have stolen an item, it is important to handle the situation calmly and discreetly. You can try to politely ask the guest if they accidentally took the item and remind them of the importance of honesty. If the item is still missing after the show, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance.

5. Is there any insurance or coverage available for stolen items at Pampered Chef shows?

Pampered Chef does not offer insurance or coverage for stolen items at shows. However, if an item is stolen, you can contact customer service for assistance and they may be able to offer a replacement or help with the cost of the stolen item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nene960
  • Sarah Mitson
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Kate0831
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies