• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Perfect Italian Dish for a Bible Study Potluck: Braid or Ring?

Ingredients:1 prepared pizza crust 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casing removed 1/4 cup chopped onion 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup pizza sauce 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil 1/4 cup chopped
chefmoseley
Gold Member
any ideas? we're having a pot luck for bible study next week and its an Italian theme for the food. I was personally asked to make a braid or a ring but not sure about what recipe would be good. Any ideas are welcome and greatly appreciated :)

I've always like the Pepperoni Pizza Twist in the F/W 2002 Season's Best.

Pepperoni Pizza Twist gets my vote if you do some sort of bread ring thing. It's not the crescent roll, but it may do the trick!

You can use the filling for the twist and put it IN a ring or a braid, if you want...I've done it before and it's pretty good. You can also add to it...sausage instead of or along with the pepperoni, or add other pizza toppings. :)

does someone have a copy of the recipe they could email me or is it available on cc?

Pepperoni Pizza Twist

1 package (3.5 ounces) pepperoni slices, diced

1 can (3.25 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped

2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley

1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 garlic clove, pressed

2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough

1 egg

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix

2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Dice pepperoni. Chop olives using. Snip parsley using kitchen shears. In a bowl, combine pepperoni, olives, parsley, mozzarella cheese, flour and garlic; mix well.

2. Place bread dough, seam sides up, on smooth side of a cutting board. Using a knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough. Using a baker's roller, roll dough crosswise to a 4-inch width, creating a well down center of each loaf.

3. Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an "X" pattern on a rectangle stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure "8," keeping ends of dough 1 inch from edge of stone and leaving two 1 1/2-inch openings in center of twist.

4. Separate egg over small bowl. (Discard yolk or set aside for another use.) Beat egg white and seasoning mix; lightly brush over dough. Using serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.

5. Grate Parmesan cheese over loaf. Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Serve with warm pizza sauce, if desired.

Yield: 16 appetizers or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper can be substituted for the olives.

Italian Sausage Side-by-Side Calzone

It was in the Fall/Winter 2005 Season's Best. It's good!

What is an Italian Type Ring or Braid?

An Italian Type Ring or Braid is a type of baked bread that is shaped in a circular or braided design. It is a popular dish in Italian cuisine and is often served as an appetizer or side dish.

How do I make an Italian Type Ring or Braid?

To make an Italian Type Ring or Braid, you will need dough, your choice of fillings such as cheese, vegetables, or meat, and an egg wash for brushing. Roll out the dough into a rectangle, add your desired fillings, and then roll it up into a log shape. Then, shape the log into a ring or braid and brush it with egg wash. Bake in the oven until golden brown and serve warm.

What types of fillings can I use for my Italian Type Ring or Braid?

You can use a variety of fillings for your Italian Type Ring or Braid, depending on your personal preference. Some popular options include mozzarella cheese, spinach, mushrooms, pepperoni, and prosciutto. You can also get creative and add your own unique fillings to make it your own.

How can I customize my Italian Type Ring or Braid?

There are many ways to customize your Italian Type Ring or Braid. You can change the type of dough you use, such as using whole wheat or gluten-free dough. You can also experiment with different fillings and add herbs or spices to enhance the flavor. Additionally, you can serve it with a dipping sauce or add a glaze on top for added sweetness.

Can I make an Italian Type Ring or Braid ahead of time?

Yes, you can make an Italian Type Ring or Braid ahead of time. Simply prepare the dough and shape it into a ring or braid, then cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. You can also freeze it before baking and thaw it before baking. This is a great option for meal prepping or for making ahead for a special occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
Dina
Replies
Views
dymplz8
  • jchesley
  • Pampered Chef Recipes