• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Italian Sausage Side by Side Calzone

In summary, this recipe is a great way to have pizza with guests. You can use different ingredients to make it your own.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Has anyone made this for a show? Any tips? I made this at home once, but it was a while ago.

Yes, I made this at one of my first shows. My host had cleaned the oven the night before the party and it ran all over it. I use the large bar pan now. Also don't forget to brown the sausage before everyone gets there.

Yes, I've done this one a lot at my shows. It is very popular. I always ask if there is something the guests don't like (such as olives) so I can leave them out of one of the sides. I also explain how this is nice for picky eaters in their families. They can make each side different.

I've only had them run over at one of my shows (felt really bad). Not sure if it was a different sausage or not. I never thought of using the bar pan - I'll have to try that.

I like making them because the guests can easily make them for their family.

I made this at one show and it was a big hit. I will use the bar pan in the future because it did run over in the oven (cleaned it as best I could before it dried). I will make this again sometime soon.

Jeanie

Has anyone made it w/o the sausage? I was thinking of trying it but I do not like the sausage. I thought maybe just pizza toppings or sandwich fixings? What have you all tried?

I made it on the rect stone with no prob. Should I do it on that or the bar pan?

I've made it more than a dozen times on my rectangle stone with no problems. I've never had it run over. I made it often last fall at shows.

This is a great recipe for when the "guys" come over to watch the football game!

I've made it many times on the rectangle stone without any problems too. Just be sure that you seal the edges of the dough.

You can change the ingredients to make it a chicken calzone or veggies or whatever you want! Experiment!

BethCooks4U said:
IYou can change the ingredients to make it a chicken calzone or veggies or whatever you want! Experiment!

What a great idea!!! I would love the chicken in it!

I have also made it at many shows and people love it! I use the rectangle stone and then put parchment paper down so I can slide it off to serve it! I have tried it with a Chicken Alfredo mixture (very good) and also pepperoni and mushrooms.

Can someone post this recipe? It sounds great, but I
can't seem to find it. :(

SusanBP0129 said:
Can someone post this recipe? It sounds great, but I
can't seem to find it. :(
Here you go Susan. :D

Attachments

• ITALIAN SAUSAGE SIDE-by-SIDE CALZONES.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 302
I've made this quite a few times at shows, always on the rectangle stone. I think the bar pan would be hard to work with....but that's personal preference. I have had it run a couple of times and not run a couple of times. I think it's all in the type of sausage used and how well you drain it. I began sealing the edges with a fork after I had a calzone ooze off the stone, into the bottom of the oven (wall oven) and then out of the oven ON TO THE FLOOR!! :eek: I was SO embarrassed!! His oven was a bit lop-sided so that caused most of the problem but I about died when he pointed to the grease puddle on the floor of his kitchen!!!

OMG!!!! Just pray that doesn't hapen to me!

jrstephens said:
Has anyone made it w/o the sausage? I was thinking of trying it but I do not like the sausage. I thought maybe just pizza toppings or sandwich fixings? What have you all tried?

Don't ever be afraid to experiment with ingredients in the rings and things, if there's something that you like together then you would want to use that in what you were making for your own family. I myself don't measure much every time I make chili, soup, stew, or pizza-like things I just throw whatever I have in or whatever sounds good at the time. Although I messed up and didn't have fresh garlic the other day and had a new BIG bottle of garlic salt and used it to sprinkle on the dough to make pizza rolls in the bread tubes and it came out like a storm, I LOVE garlic, but I wasn't fond of my dinner that night.

My family loves this recipe and so have customer/host at the shows I have demo'd it. I always use the rectangle stone and have never had a problem with oozing.

I made this last Saturday at a show that was the 3rd in 3 months for most guest. It was my easiest show ever, it started with only 4 people, so I told them I wasn't going to do the speil because with so few people I feel like I am preaching at everyone and I was also not going to cook --- they were. It was great! I had another show book, so I am not sure what I am going to do for this group of people next time to keep them edutained!

Made this last night. I don't remember it being this easy... thinking I'm gonna put this in as a regular item. I made the sause at home and brought it to the show. I did it on the rect. stone and pressed the edges together with a fork. It was perfect! The recipe was done in no time at all!

And my show... 28 people!!! $1354 in sales and three more orders coming!

Wow Anne!! You go girl!!:) :) :)

Great Job Anne!! Maybe I need to try this recipe if it gets those results, HA!!

I pulled this up to see if anyone posted the recipe (Thank you!) because I'm making this for a show on Friday night. I have never made it before so I told the host that I was going to make it for dinner first. Well I made it last night and my husband was SO impressed and said it was good that he had so many different combinations going in his mind of what we can do next. I have a show tomorrow night as well and suggested this to the host and she can't wait to do it! I guess I'll just make this as my main dish this month! :D I'm hoping that my 3 shows next week will want me to make this as well!!:D

By the way, I made it on the rectangle stone and didn't have any problems. Now I'm wondering what I should do! I think I'll stick with the rectangle stone since it was extremely easy to use!;)

What about this as an unexpected "leftover turkey" recipe? Add sauce, mushrooms, etc. and it wouldn't be the "same old same old" after-Thanksgiving recipe.

(And what a great Super Bowl theme show recipe!)

I Love Love Love This One!

1. What is the cooking time for the Italian Sausage Side by Side Calzone?

The Italian Sausage Side by Side Calzone should be baked for 25-30 minutes at 375°F.

2. Can I make the calzone ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make the calzone ahead of time and reheat it in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.

3. What type of sausage is used in the calzone?

The Italian Sausage Side by Side Calzone uses mild or hot Italian sausage, depending on your preference.

4. Can I substitute the sausage with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the sausage with cooked and crumbled ground beef or turkey.

5. How many servings does the calzone recipe make?

The Italian Sausage Side by Side Calzone recipe makes 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your calzone slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedPrincess74
  • princezz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies