• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Italian One-Bowl Salsa Recipe Needed ASAP!

Expert SummarizerIn summary, the conversation is about an Italian version of one-bowl salsa that uses basil instead of cilantro. The original poster is looking for the recipe and someone suggests using basil, black olives, and oregano in the salsa. Another person mentions an old recipe for artichoke salsa with Italian flavors. Finally, the recipe for the Italian salsa is provided with instructions on how to make it and suggestions for serving it.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Does anyone remember the Italian version of the one-bowl salsa? It was going around last year, but I don't have time to hunt through all the threads to find it. I know it uses basil instead of cilantro. I need it for TONIGHT if possible.
TIA,
Jane :)

Anyone have any thoughts???

If I were making it, I'd take out the jalapeño, add a second clove of garlic and use basil instead of the cilantro. Maybe add a sprinkle of oregano or some black olives.There's an old PC recipe for artichoke salsa that's Italian-flavored. I have it on the back of my business cards.In a large bowl combine:
1 jar (6.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts WITH marinade
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 of a small red onion
1-2 cups grape tomatoes
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 tablespoons fresh basil leavesChop with salad choppers until combined.

Do you mean Bruschetta?

I did this for shows several times.

1 Pint Grape Tomatoes
a handful of basil leaves
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 small red onion
a drizzle of olive oil
a splash of balsamic vinegar

Use Salad Choppers for this the same way you would make the salsa.

Toast slices of french baguette on large bar pan (spritz with a bit of garlic or basil oil first) and serve with Bruschetta Topping.

Hi Jane,Yes, I remember the Italian version of the one-bowl salsa! It's a delicious twist on the traditional recipe. Here's the quick and easy recipe for you to use tonight:Ingredients:
- 3-4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
1. In a large bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, red onion, garlic, basil, and jalapeno pepper.
2. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Mix everything together until well combined.
4. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
5. Serve with your favorite chips or use as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.I hope this helps and you enjoy the Italian twist on salsa! Let me know how it turns out.Happy cooking!-

1. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use fresh tomatoes in this recipe. Simply dice them and add them to the bowl with the other ingredients. However, canned tomatoes tend to have a more concentrated flavor which can enhance the overall taste of the salsa.

2. How spicy is this salsa?

The level of spiciness can be adjusted to your liking by adding or reducing the amount of jalapeno peppers. If you prefer a mild salsa, you can also remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapenos before adding them to the salsa.

3. Can I make this salsa ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salsa ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, we recommend serving it fresh for the best flavor and texture.

4. Is it necessary to use fresh cilantro in this recipe?

Fresh cilantro adds a unique flavor to this salsa, but if you are not a fan of cilantro, you can omit it or substitute it with fresh parsley.

5. What can I serve this salsa with?

This salsa pairs well with tortilla chips, but it can also be used as a topping for tacos, burritos, or as a garnish for grilled meats. Get creative and use it as a dip for veggies or as a topping for avocado toast!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • chefmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • cincychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies