• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Italian-Inspired Dessert Recipe for Your Next Food Day at Work!

In summary, the most popular Italian dessert recipe is tiramisu, a layered dessert made with ladyfingers, coffee, liqueur, and a sweet mascarpone cheese mixture. There are also many traditional Italian desserts that are easy to make, such as panna cotta and cannoli. It is possible to substitute ingredients in traditional Italian dessert recipes, but this may alter the final dish's flavor and texture. There are also many gluten-free Italian dessert options, including flourless chocolate cake and gelato. Many Italian desserts can be made ahead of time and benefit from being made a day in advance, such as tiramisu.
kcmckay
Gold Member
Does anyone know of a good dessert recipe that is at least somewhat italian inspired? We decided to do a "Food Day" at work and I was in charge of coordinating it. We have 4 people bringing in food. Someone is making a goulash and someone is bringing bread and a salad. I was going to bring a dessert.

My issue is I want something that will go well with that but we have picky eaters. Myself included but I don't care if I won't eat it. However it can't have nuts (allergy) or cheese or supposedly milk or cream but that is debatable if it's chocolate or something. Some things I could hide from the super picky non cheese or dairy eater.

Any suggestions are appreciated and while I'd prefer a PC recipe for advertisement it doesn't need to be. Thanks!!

what about a lemon sorbet or a type of italian cookie
biscotti and a good coffee
tiramisu comes to mind but then you have the ingredient issue

You could make a Tiramisu trifle. Just use cool whip (made with oil) and mix with pudding (made with soy milk), lady fingers dipped in Coffee, and shaved chocolate.

1. What is the most popular Italian dessert recipe?

The most popular Italian dessert recipe is probably tiramisu. This layered dessert consists of ladyfingers soaked in coffee and liqueur, layered with a sweet mascarpone cheese mixture and dusted with cocoa powder.

2. Are there any traditional Italian desserts that are easy to make?

Yes, there are many traditional Italian desserts that are easy to make. Some examples include panna cotta, which is a creamy custard topped with fruit or caramel sauce, and cannoli, which are fried pastry shells filled with sweetened ricotta cheese.

3. Can I substitute ingredients in a traditional Italian dessert recipe?

Yes, you can usually substitute ingredients in a traditional Italian dessert recipe. However, keep in mind that this may alter the flavor or texture of the final dish. It's always best to stick to the original recipe for the best results.

4. Are there any Italian dessert recipes that are gluten-free?

Yes, there are many Italian dessert recipes that can be made gluten-free. Some popular options include flourless chocolate cake, gelato, and almond biscotti. Just be sure to use gluten-free ingredients and follow a trusted recipe.

5. Can I make Italian desserts ahead of time?

Yes, many Italian desserts can be made ahead of time. Some, like tiramisu, actually benefit from being made a day in advance so the flavors have time to develop. Just be sure to store them properly in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindsaym
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pckellyd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcmckay