• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Health and Savings: Why Asking Pays Off

In summary, the speaker had initially given up on buying a Wii Fit and decided to stick with a gym membership instead. However, while at the mall, they stumbled upon a Gamestop with a Wii Fit available and decided to purchase it. The conversation then shifts to the importance of not assuming anything and being vocal about what you want. The speaker also mentions the convenience of ordering items online for local pickup.
susanr613
Gold Member
I thought I had made peace with the fact that I am not persistent enough to buy the Wii Fit and that I would be a gym rat instead. The gym rat thing has not been working especially over the last month. :grumpy:

DS and I were at the mall tonight and he wanted to go to Gamestop and play with the demo games. I offhandedly asked the sales guy "You don't happen to have the Wii Fit, do you?" Imagine my shock when he said "Yes"! He told me that people have just stopped asking because they hear "No" all the time.

So, I am now the proud owner of a Wii Fit, and I will likely drop my gym membership, which is $40 a month. :D

I will also extend this analogy to the business - don't assume anything. Just ask, and you may be delighted!

That is so true. We are not mind readers. Thanks for reminding me of that.

I hope you enjoy your Wii Fit.

There aren't many Wii's in captivity, Wii Fit or otherwise.If you really, really want a Wii, I suggest that you order one online from Wally World and specify that you want to pick it up at your local store. I cannot understand why more people don't do that. You can also order online from other vendors, like Best Buy. A couple of years ago, the laptop computer I wanted (and I'm using now) was in short supply. The good news was that Best Buy had several in the warehouse and I could order one online. The bad news was that I was leaving for Ohio the next day. I arranged to pick it up at the Best Buy store in Findley, Ohio. So if you want a Wii, or anything else for that matter, order it online for local pickup.

I'm smacking my forehead KG. I'm still living the paradigm that seperates brick and mortar from online.

Thanks for the reminder to merge the two!

Hi there!I completely understand the frustration of not being able to find the Wii Fit and having to settle for a gym membership. But I am so happy to hear that you were able to find one at Gamestop! It's always worth asking and not assuming that something is not available.I also love how you extended this analogy to our business. It's a great reminder to always ask and not assume when it comes to our customers and their needs. You never know what opportunities may arise if we just ask.I hope you enjoy your Wii Fit and congratulations on potentially saving $40 a month by dropping your gym membership. That's a great financial decision!Happy cooking and gaming! :)

What is "It Pays to Ask (Ot)"?

"It Pays to Ask (Ot)" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to earn free products by hosting a cooking show or party and asking your guests to book their own show with you.

How does "It Pays to Ask (Ot)" work?

When you host a cooking show or party, you will receive a unique "It Pays to Ask (Ot)" code that you can share with your guests. If any of your guests book their own show using your code, you will earn free products based on the total sales at their show.

What kind of products can I earn through "It Pays to Ask (Ot)"?

You can earn any product from the Pampered Chef catalog, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and food products. The exact products you can earn will depend on the total sales at the show booked with your code.

Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to participate in "It Pays to Ask (Ot)"?

Yes, "It Pays to Ask (Ot)" is only available to Pampered Chef consultants. If you are interested in becoming a consultant and participating in this program, please contact us for more information.

Can I combine "It Pays to Ask (Ot)" with other Pampered Chef offers or discounts?

Unfortunately, "It Pays to Ask (Ot)" cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. However, you can still earn free products through this program while taking advantage of other promotions or specials.

Back