1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: It Figures

1. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Just when they change the rules I could really use a leave from PC! I've been a consultant for almost 5 years and have never taken time off. Now I could really use a few months and can't apply for a waiver anymore:cry:!

I'm so stressed right now I don't want to call anyone for a show. We've had issues w/water in our slab and dealing with replacing the furnace/air and duct work. Now my husband is having some very serious medical issues - he may have cancer. I just don't want to deal with shows and people right now:rolleyes:!

I'm very sad and down as you can probably tell - this is not like me either!

Thanks for listening.

2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Been having a rough month too.... not quite like yours, but still. Any chance you can find 1 person to line up a catalog show for June. Just one is going to keep you active and your sales in line. So, even if you didn't have sales for May, you get one show for June and then nothing in July - you are still ok. Your career sales are ok. By then you can get your shows lined up for August and get back in the saddle. Just a suggestion. :)

May 21, 2009
  3. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

Rhonda I'll be praying for you and your husband. I hope you find some comfort from our fellow Cheffers.

May 21, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I PM'd you.

May 22, 2009
  5. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

You can request a one-month extension now, so basically, you would have 2 months to get active again and you won't lose your career sales, nor your 2% increase (if earned already).
    Bless your heart - prayers already gone up.

May 22, 2009
  6. pampchefrhondab

Thank you so much everyone. My husband goes to the Dr. on Wednesday so hopefully we will find out more then! I'm going with him so I can tell the Dr. everything - my husband will tend not to! He is over-stressed at work which I think is not helping at all.

Thank you so much for all your prayers. I really appreciate it!

I do have one booking for June. I need to get on the phone and confirm the date since it was booked a while ago. If I have to I'll place a $150 order of my own and use the products for gifts - weddings are always coming up! Or my sister now works in an office. I may ask her for a favor of a catalog show - she may help me.

Thanks again,

7. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Praying for you and your husband....

8. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family Rhonda.

May 22, 2009
  9. Jolie_Paradoxe

I can only imagine how PC is not much a priority....but here's another suggestion that I hope helps...what about sending an outlet order email to all your contacts....maybe that'll generate some orders to hit the 150 mark, and then you won't have to use your money and cause another factor to your stress.

10. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Keeping you & your husband in my prayers.

May 22, 2009
  11. pampchefrhondab

That's a good idea. I'll try that as well. I do send out a monthly newsletter. I have gotten a few orders that way.

Thanks again everyone. I'm feeling a little better today. We got the new heating/cooling system installed, they just finished yesterday. I've been working on spring cleaning. My windows were a mess from all the humidity we had in the house this past winter - now we know why (water in ducts). They look like brand new now:sing:! I also cleaned the drapes and re-hung them. I'm down to one more room to finish. I think I've done it to keep my mind off my husband's health and it's something I can take control of in my life!

One good thing my new heating/cooling system has a super air filter (only have to change 1x a year). I'm hoping it will cut back on the amount of dust in my house! I noticed last night when the sun was shining in a West window it didn't look like dust was flying in the air. We'll see in a few days!\

Thank you again for all your well wishes and prayers everyone.

12. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband, Rhonda.

I was also going to suggest getting a catalog show or two to keep you going through the next month or so.

May 22, 2009
  13. Jolie_Paradoxe

:thumbup:

Don't forget to breathe and lean on the Lord. Seek solace and comfort....read inspirational scripture, pray or meditate when things are spinning all around....when things get crazy is when He and His power shine most.

14. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

Amen to all that has been said and prayed and all these encouragements. And praise God for your new heat and air unit!

May 22, 2009
  15. chefHLM

chefHLM Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know how scary it can be, I went through all of that this past month with cervical cancer. I agree with the previous posters, maybe get together a catalog show or 2 to get you through the next couple of months. I don't blame you in the least for not wanting to deal with people right now. Again, prayers are with you guys and know you have a great support system here!!!

May 22, 2009
  16. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

also take time to enjoy the small things in life....like not seeing dust motes anymore.

prayers are winging your way

May 22, 2009
  17. pampchefrhondab

I want to thank everyone again for your thoughts and prayers.

My husband went to the Dr. last week and he doesn't think there is anything serious wrong with him - if anything at all. He said his blood work is only off slightly which may mean nothing. He did have a CT scan of his organs done, which we are still waiting on the results from; however, he is not expecing anything. He said he would like to check him again in 6 months just to be safe. He said he may have an auto immune problem if he continues to have problems, but right now doesn't need any treatment and he would consider him a healthy man. He did the CT scan just to be safe.

I'll let you know when we get more news.

Thanks again,

18. Jolie_Paradoxe

Rhonda,

That is FAB, FAB news! I am so happy. Will continue to pray......

19. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

Rhonda - that is awesome news! Hope things continue to look up for you and your family!

Jun 2, 2009
Have something to add?