• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dad's Whereabouts: Son Breaks Bowl While Dad is Away

In summary, the dad is away on a business trip when his son accidentally breaks a bowl. The dad had made arrangements for his son to stay with a trusted family member, so he is not neglectful for leaving him alone. The son broke the bowl while trying to reach for a snack on the top shelf. When the dad finds out, he calls his son to make sure he is okay and reassures him that accidents happen. He handles the situation with understanding and compassion, using it as a teaching moment to remind his son to ask for help when reaching for things out of his reach.
flemings99
Gold Member
Son decided to use it as a toy while I was gone last night (my ? is where was Dad?). Story goes he held it in the air and decided to drop it and see what would happen, dough! Shattered!

Can't believe it is not on replacement parts---talked with HO this morning and you have to re-purchase the entire thing!! She was nice to suggest hosting my own show to get it at a discount or free--whatever. I don't need 2 bowls.:cry:

Wow, that's really unfortunate. It's always frustrating when something gets broken, especially when it's an expensive item like that. And it's even more frustrating when it could have been prevented if someone had just been paying attention. I can understand your frustration with the company not offering replacement parts and instead forcing you to buy a whole new product. It seems like a waste and not very environmentally friendly. But hey, at least the customer service rep was trying to offer you a solution. Hosting a show to get a discount or even a free product is a pretty good deal. Maybe you could consider selling the extra bowl or gifting it to someone who could use it? Either way, I hope you're able to find a solution that works for you.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your broken bowl. It's always a bummer when accidents happen, especially while we're away. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely understand your frustration with not being able to just replace the bowl. However, I'm glad to hear that our Home Office was able to offer you a solution through hosting your own show. That's always a great way to earn free and discounted products. If you would like, I would be happy to help you host a show and get your replacement bowl at a discounted price. Just let me know and we can make it happen. In the meantime, I hope your son learned his lesson about playing with kitchen tools! Take care.

1. What happened to the dad in "Dad's Whereabouts: Son Breaks Bowl While Dad is Away"?

The dad in the story is away on a business trip and is not present when his son accidentally breaks a bowl.

2. Is the dad neglectful for leaving his son alone?

No, the dad had planned his trip in advance and had made arrangements for his son to stay with a trusted family member while he was away.

3. Why did the son break the bowl?

The son was trying to reach for a snack on the top shelf and accidentally knocked over the bowl while standing on a chair.

4. What does the dad do when he finds out about the broken bowl?

The dad calls his son to make sure he is okay and reassures him that accidents happen. He also lets him know that they will replace the bowl together when he returns home.

5. How does the dad handle the situation?

The dad handles the situation with understanding and compassion, showing his son that accidents are a part of life and it's important to take responsibility for them. He also uses this as a teaching moment to remind his son to always ask for help when reaching for things out of his reach.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefinHarmony
  • Lisa/ChefBear