• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for a Similar Salad Recipe as Last Month's Hit!

Instructions:1. For dressing, zest oranges using Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure 2 teaspoons zest. Juice oranges using Citrus Press to measure 1/3 cup juice. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, orange zest and juice until well combined. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.2. For salad, place spinach in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Add chicken, grapes, onions and cranberries. Pour dressing over salad; mix gently using Small Mix '
Sheila
Gold Member
I have a host that made her own Salad at a show last month. It was NOT a Pampered Chef recipe. But the host of my show coming up this weekend (who booked off the show last month) REALLY wants to do this salad. I told her I'd see if I could come up with something close. Not all of my cookbooks would apply, but here's the ones that I have:
  • All The Best
  • 29 Minutes to Dinner
  • 29 Minutes to Dinner vol 2
  • Cooking for 2 or more
  • (Stoneware Inspirations)
  • (Latin Flavor)
  • (Grill it Quick)
  • (Festive Holiday Desserts)

I thought maybe someone here could come up with something NOT in one of those cookbooks which contains most or all of the following ingredients:
  • Chicken
  • Spinach Lettuce
  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Pineapple
  • Cranberries
She put a Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette on top, but said that some of the guests complained that it made it too sweet.

We are doing 3 recipes. I guess technically we could do a non-PC recipe for one of them, but I'd prefer not to. ;)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :D

Sheila said:
I have a host that made her own Salad at a show last month. It was NOT a Pampered Chef recipe. But the host of my show coming up this weekend (who booked off the show last month) REALLY wants to do this salad. I told her I'd see if I could come up with something close. Not all of my cookbooks would apply, but here's the ones that I have:
  • All The Best
  • 29 Minutes to Dinner
  • 29 Minutes to Dinner vol 2
  • Cooking for 2 or more
  • (Stoneware Inspirations)
  • (Latin Flavor)
  • (Grill it Quick)
  • (Festive Holiday Desserts)

I thought maybe someone here could come up with something NOT in one of those cookbooks which contains most or all of the following ingredients:
  • Chicken
  • Spinach Lettuce
  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Pineapple
  • Cranberries
She put a Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette on top, but said that some of the guests complained that it made it too sweet.

We are doing 3 recipes. I guess technically we could do a non-PC recipe for one of them, but I'd prefer not to. ;)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :D

You can do the Mandarin Pasta Salad its quite close ( just add the cranberries & pineapple) or The Harvest Chicken Salad which all you will have to add in the pineapple...you can get both of these off the files right here....HTH

There are only 94 recipes listed on CS. Neither of them are options. I found Harvest Chicken Salad in some recipes that I've gotten in other places. But didn't find Mandarin Pasta Salad. Can you share?94 recipes is just sad! I'm going to try & start uploading more recipes over the next few days for the other newbies who might need them! ;)

Sheila said:
There are only 94 recipes listed on CS. Neither of them are options. I found Harvest Chicken Salad in some recipes that I've gotten in other places. But didn't find Mandarin Pasta Salad. Can you share?

94 recipes is just sad! I'm going to try & start uploading more recipes over the next few days for the other newbies who might need them! ;)

they are under files
I'll go check

heres one.....

MANDARIN PASTA SALAD

Dressing:
1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled, fresh gingerroot
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/3 cup rice vinegar
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 teaspoons sugar

Salad:
8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
½ cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup coarsely chopped red onion
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. For dressing, finely chop gingerroot using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk gingerroot, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix and sugar. Cover, refrigerate until ready to use.

2. For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (8-qt) Stockpot; drain in large colander and rinse under cold running water. Place pasta in Simple Additions Large Bowl.

3. Meanwhile, score cucumber using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer. Slice cucumber using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut slices in half. Dice bell pepper using Chef’s Knife. Coarsely chop onion using Food Chopper. Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds to pasta. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 20mg, Carbohydrate 21g, Protein 11g, Sodium 210mg., fiber 2g

heres the other....

Harvest Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

Dressing --

2 oranges
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1 small garlic clove, pressed

Salad --

1 pkg. (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
2 cups diced roasted chicken
1 cup diced celery
2 medium Red Delicious apples
1/2 cup chopped red onion
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup toasted pecan halves (optional)

Orange segments and Whole-Grain Croutons (optional)

Directions:
1. For dressing, zest one orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 2 teaspoons zest. Juice oranges in Juicer to measure 1/2 cup juice. Combine orange zest, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. While continuously whisking, add orange juice in a thin, steady stream; set dressing aside.

2. For salad, place spinach in bottom of Simple Additions Large Bowl. Dice chicken and celery using Forged Utility Knife. Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds using Cook's Corer(R). Cut each apple half into four wedges; crinkle cut wedges into small pieces using Crinkle Cutter. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Layer chicken, celery, apples, onion, cranberries and pecans, if desired, over spinach. To serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Top with orange segments and Whole-Grain Croutons, if desired. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Cook's Tip: To toast pecans, spread over bottom of Small Oval Baker. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted, stirring after each 30-second interval.

A 2-pound rotisserie-cooked chicken can be used to prepare this recipe, if desired. Or, place 2 Skinless Chicken Breasts in the Grill Pan. Grill 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices are clear.

Preparing Orange Segments:

To cut orange into segments, cut a thin slice from the top and the bottom using Forged Utility Knife; stand upright. Cutting from top to bottom, carefully trim away peel and white membrane.

Cut down one side of membrane. Angle knife under segment and lift out. Repeat with remaining segments.

Sheila said:

Nothing wrong with a non-PC recipe. There isn't anything that says the recipe has to come from the Test Kitchens. The point is to showcase the products, and you can do that with a recipe from anywhere!

Ah! It was late here in Japan & I was tired. I never even thought to look in the files section. I went straight to the recipes section! Thanks Ginger!!

Noora, I know ... that's the picky side of me coming out. I like to do recipe cards that the guests can take home. I can't do that with this recipe because it may be under copywrite. If it's her personal recipe, she may not be willing to share the recipe with all the guests. I guess I could call & ask...

I don't know if it is anywhere in our guidelines, but I think we should use only recipes from the test kitchens at our shows. They already have the products noted in the recipe, and then that in turn helps us to cross sell. If you use PC recipes, then you don't have to worry about copyright issues. Check with your Director for advice too. Plus you can put your show recipes on your website and that is permitted, whereas you can't put recipes from other sources on your website.
Now, your host could make another recipe from another source if she wants, probably okay to do that. She can choose to share or not.
Deb

zmom58 said:
I don't know if it is anywhere in our guidelines, but I think we should use only recipes from the test kitchens at our shows. They already have the products noted in the recipe, and then that in turn helps us to cross sell. If you use PC recipes, then you don't have to worry about copyright issues. Check with your Director for advice too. Plus you can put your show recipes on your website and that is permitted, whereas you can't put recipes from other sources on your website.
Now, your host could make another recipe from another source if she wants, probably okay to do that. She can choose to share or not.
Deb

I was going to say that... why not just do 2 recipes (3 seems like an awful lot anyway) and tell your host that is free to make whatever other recipes she wants for her guests... I always do just one main recipe, and then maybe throw in a smaller one, like a micro-cake or a pass around salsa or something like that, but I always tell my hosts that they can make other things that will compliment the recipe that we are making, or whatever they want, it's their party! Good luck!

Why not just ask the past host for that exact recipe?

1. Can you recommend a similar salad recipe to last month's popular one?

Yes, we have a variety of salad recipes that are similar to last month's hit. Some options include our Southwest Chicken Salad, Quinoa and Kale Salad, and Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.

2. Are there any salad recipes that use seasonal ingredients?

Absolutely! Our seasonal salad recipes change monthly to incorporate the freshest and most flavorful ingredients. Check out our Summer Berry Salad or Fall Harvest Salad for some delicious seasonal options.

3. Can you suggest a salad recipe that is vegetarian or vegan-friendly?

Yes, we have many vegetarian and vegan salad recipes available. Our Grilled Vegetable Salad, Lentil and Beet Salad, and Tofu and Edamame Salad are all tasty options.

4. Do you have any salad recipes that are gluten-free?

Yes, we have a wide selection of gluten-free salad recipes. Some options include our Quinoa and Black Bean Salad, Roasted Vegetable Salad, and Citrus Shrimp Salad.

5. Can I substitute ingredients in the salad recipe to fit my dietary restrictions?

Of course! Our salad recipes are meant to be versatile and customizable. Feel free to substitute ingredients to fit your dietary needs and preferences. We also have a variety of recipes that cater to specific dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • janezapchef