• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Make Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker Plus?

In summary, this conversation was about a person asking for a Spanish Rice recipe for their Rice Cooker Plus. Various suggestions and recipes were shared, including using a Lipton rice side dish packet, adding shrimp and peppers to a Rice Pilaf recipe, and a homemade recipe using plain white rice, vegetables, and spices.
kjordan
I am wanting to make Spanish Rice in my Rice Cooker Plus, but do not have a recipe for it. I am too scared to experiment so I was wondering if anyone had a recipe they could share. Thank you in advance!!!
Kelli Jordan :)

I did the Rice Pilaf recipe from the product care card in the box. I didn't have all the ingredients and I added some - shrimp & yellow peppers. It turned out great. You could experiment following the recipe for liquid and rice amounts and then add the spices that you need for spanish rice. It would be worth a try if you couldn't find a recipe. Also, do you have access to the Spanish Season's Best - maybe they have something?

Lipton rice sidesI have been useing my lipton rice side dish packets in my rice cooker and i make it according to the microwave directions.... it comes out PERFECT... my favorite is the chedder broccoli but i did the taco rice in it last week and that came out great as well.

I use plain white rice with corn, onions and dice tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon of chilli powder. Then when the rice is almost done I add red enchalda sauce. I personally like Pace it comes in a jar or a small blue can of ortega. My husband loves it.

Hi Kelli,Thank you for reaching out for a Spanish Rice recipe for your Rice Cooker Plus. I am happy to share my go-to recipe with you! Ingredients:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
1. In your Rice Cooker Plus, add the olive oil, diced onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic. Close the lid and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
2. Add the rice and stir for about 1 minute, until it is coated in the oil and vegetables.
3. Pour in the can of diced tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Stir everything together.
4. Close the lid and set the Rice Cooker Plus to the "rice" setting.
5. Once the rice is cooked, fluff it with a fork and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious Spanish Rice recipe! Let me know how it turns out for you.Happy cooking!Best,

1. How do I clean the Iso Rice Cooker Plus?

To clean the Iso Rice Cooker Plus, simply wash it with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads as they can damage the non-stick surface. Allow the cooker to cool down before cleaning.

2. Can I use the Iso Rice Cooker Plus for other types of grains?

Yes, the Iso Rice Cooker Plus can be used to cook various types of grains such as quinoa, couscous, and millet. Just follow the same instructions as you would for cooking rice. However, the cooking times may vary depending on the type of grain.

3. Do I need to stir the rice while it's cooking in the Iso Rice Cooker Plus?

No, you do not need to stir the rice while it's cooking in the Iso Rice Cooker Plus. The cooker will evenly distribute the heat, ensuring that the rice cooks evenly without the need for stirring.

4. Can I cook other types of dishes in the Iso Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, the Iso Rice Cooker Plus can be used to cook a variety of dishes such as steamed vegetables, soups, and stews. The cooker comes with a steaming basket and a recipe booklet that includes different recipes for you to try.

5. How do I know the rice is done cooking in the Iso Rice Cooker Plus?

The Iso Rice Cooker Plus has a built-in timer that will automatically switch off when the rice is done cooking. You can also check the rice by lifting the lid and fluffing the rice with a fork. If it's still too firm, you can close the lid and let it cook for a few more minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrny2001
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nancycookspc
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • caraighan