1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Buying ISO PC Lap Boards

1. I am looking for some PC lap boards. If you have some you are no longer using or know of someone that has some, please let me know. I am looking for at least 10. I thought I would check on here before ordering them from Merrill. Thanks!

Apr 7, 2009
  2. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

I make my own using a 3-ring binder with the clear plastic sleeve on the front and back. I just cut, with a straight blade, the 3-ring binder off. I then tape (use double sided tape) my business card to each lap board. Watch the school supply sales in August for great deals.

Apr 7, 2009
  3. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Legend Member Gold Member

I was going to say the same thing as Pat. I think I made about 24 of them for $5...

If you have any sharp edges once they are cut, just use an emery board and file them down. Don't cut too close to the cardboard inside, or it will rip open and expose the cardboard piece, which doesn't look too professional. I fill mine (the clear pocket) with the colored Host benefits page so I only have to change them once per season!

Apr 7, 2009
  4. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

Thanks Kelly for the tip about smoothing the edges. I also made my own but didn't like the edges.

Apr 7, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Just a tip about the 3-ring binders...I got a bunch on clearance last fall (back-to-school-season), but didn't realize till I got home that the 3-ring part was attached to the back flap- not the spine...so I only would get 1 lapboard per binder, instead of 2. So I saved them and use them in my office as 3-ring binders and chopped up other 3-ring binders I found or bought elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    Apr 8, 2009
  6. maassl

maassl Guest

great idea! I would never have thought of that. I am so glad that there are other thrifty creative people here! :)

Apr 8, 2009
Have something to add?