• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Nut Roll, Apricot Roll, and Poppy Seed Roll Recipes

In summary, Lisa's friend is asking for help making non-perishable bake sale items, but no one has a TNT recipe. Lisa found that no one has made these specific rolls, which are yeast-based, and she offers her cinnamon roll dough recipe.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I'm helping a friend with a non profit's bake sales throughout the holidays and she's asking if I can make these and I said I"m sure I can, but I don't have a TNT recipe for any of them.

So does anyone out there have some TNT recipes for these?? I'm trying to help her out and would love to be able to.

Thanks,

Lisa

bumping.....no one makes any of these??? I find that hard to believe.

Lisa

Ok over 30 people looked at this and no one has a recipe?? :cry:

I thought for sure there were other bakers out there with TNT recipes like this.

Lisa

Well...what does TNT mean, besides dynamite?

TNT = Tried N True

Means it's a recipe you've tried and would make again and share the recipe.

Lisa

ahhh...OK. No, I've never made nut, apricot, or poppy seed rolls. Only cinnamon rolls, which probably aren't the same thing, even though I sometimes put pecans in them.Who asked for these specific rolls - someone at the non-profit? Would they have the recipe? I'm guessing your friend doesn't have the recipe, or she would have already said so.For bake sales, I make mini loaves, cookies, or brownies from the silicone floral pan. Individual items seem to sell better than whole cakes or pies.

I've been making LOTS and LOTS of mini loaves, never thought of the floral cupcake pan, DUH, and I've got 2 of them.

Yes, she had a lady who made these last year, a little italian lady from her church and she's since passed away and when her children and grandchildren cleared out her house, they threw away :eek: ALL her cookbooks and family recipes, which these were always made at family things in addition to all she did for non-profit bake sales and she was person church counted on to also make for their sales.

Lisa

Wow, they must have been good!
That kills me, cookbooks being thrown away. I've gotten some good cookbooks at estate sales.Now you've got me curious. Are they cake-like, as in a jelly roll and sliced into pieces? Or yeast dough-based, like cinnamon rolls?You might not have it since it's retired, but the mini-fluted stoneware pan is also good for bake sale items.

When you say nut roll do you mean like a Peanut Roll candy bar??? I have made that last Christmas and I think we just googled the recipe. I won't make again for Christmas again, but it was good. Didn't keep the recipe though.

Here is my cinnamon roll dough recipe. The recipe came with my bread maker - hope you have a bread machine!
If they were yeast-based rolls, you could just use this dough and change the filling. I have made these rolls for years and they are definitely TNT! Petite Bread
Water - 1 cup
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Butter or margarine - 1 Tablespoon
Bread flour - 2 1/4 cups
Sugar - 3 Tablespoons
Dry Milk - 1 Tablespoon
Active Dry Yeast - 1 1/2 teaspoonsMeasure all ingredients into the bread pan in the sequence listed. (Your bread machine might suggest a different order.) Follow your bread machine's directions for the automatic dough setting.Cinnamon Rolls
Petite Bread - 1 recipe
butter or margarine - 2 Tablespoons
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Ground Cinnamon - 2 teaspoonsOn a lightly floured surface, roll dough into rectangle (15x9 inches). Spread soft butter on dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkly over buttered dough. Roll up tightly, beginning at 15-inch side. Pinch edges to seal. Stretch rool to make even. Cut nine 1 1/2 inch slcies. Arrange in greased 9x9x2-inch square pan, spacing evenly. Cover; let rise until double in sixe, about 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 375F/191C. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.Top warm rolls with a powdered sugar glaze, if desired.

I do have a bread maker, but I moved to basement as I didn't use it much. Maybe I'll have to dig it out, lol.

I know the Nut roll is some kind of very thin bread dough that you roll out and put a "nut filling in similar to kolacki, but not the same" and roll up and bake. Can be very hard to make without splitting top, is what I was told, that's why I'm looking for TNT recipe. I want the secrets or tips that might go with it.

Made me cry :cry: literally when I heard about that family throwing away cookbooks, as I'm also a cookbook fanatic!! I have tons and tons of my grandmas cookbooks that when she downsized to move to her apartment she didn't want to part with, but did because they were going to family.

Well I'll just keep looking on other groups I'm on too.

What have you made in mini bundt pan for bake sales?? I still have that pan.

Thanks,

Lisa

My breadmaker is banished downstairs during the summer. Of course I have to dig mine out now, this thread has given me a craving for cinnamon rolls!

For the mini bundt pan, a box regular cake mix will fit, or any kind of sweet bread like banana or pumpkin. They are just a bit fancier than the mini loaf pan, so price them higher.

Never heard of kolacki! Good luck with your recipe search!

Here's my aunt's recipe, which is NOT a yeast version, much easier. But I still love my mom's which is the yeast, but much more work.

Kolachi Aunt Candy

Dough:
Combine
5 Cups Flour (add slowly)
1 lb. Butter or oleo
1 lb or 2 - 8 Oz Cream Cheese (reg)

Refrigerate above dough overnight (I put into ziploc and seal, I take out what I need to roll out and keep rest in fridge)

Filling:
4 Cups finely chopped Walnuts (I use Rotary Grater)
3/4 Cups Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4-1/2 Cup Milk (Add gradually to hold mixture together)

or use Whatever Jelly or Jam you would like.

Roll Out Dough in powdered sugar. Roll out into large rectangle
Cut into long 2 inch strips.
Put filling on 1/4 to 1/2 inch strip and roll into the roll.
Cut into 1-1 1/2 inch chunks (logs)
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes

When you take out of the oven, put on paper that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Sprinkle more powdered sugar on top. Let cool
Store in airtight container.

Just be careful if you have animals, namely little dogs. Our Bichon last year ate an entire 30" rolled up waiting to be cut roll. :eek: I could have killed my kids, as we had fuel oil being delivered and I'm saying, I've got to go talk to truck driver, you keep dog away from table, and I got 3 ok mom. Well TV was on, I should have known they wouldn't watch him.
I'm outside and middle dd comes running Marshy ate the kolachi, I"m thinking he ate an end (maybe a bit) and they got to him. NO, he ate entire thing!!! Well I'm on phone with vet, who said he was very surprised the dog was not DEAD. He said, he should be feet in the air right now!! Bichon's should NEVER ever have nuts or grapes, 2 of the most toxic for that breed. Well Marshmellow was very full and sat there with eyes glazed for a couple of hours and went into his kennel to get away from girls, but he was fine. I'm scared to death that if he's around the nuts he'll eat a scrap and die this time, so he's in kennel when I do anything with nuts and make sure floor is vac'd before he comes out.

Gotta get going,

Lisa

Last edited:

What are the ingredients needed for the Iso Nut Roll recipe?

The ingredients for the Iso Nut Roll recipe include flour, butter, sugar, yeast, milk, eggs, and chopped nuts.

Can I substitute the apricot filling in the Apricot Roll recipe with a different fruit?

Yes, you can substitute the apricot filling with any other fruit filling of your choice, such as cherry, raspberry, or peach.

What is the best way to roll out the dough for the Poppy Seed Roll recipe?

The best way to roll out the dough for the Poppy Seed Roll recipe is to lightly flour your work surface and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a rectangle shape.

How do I prevent my Iso Nut Roll from burning on the bottom?

To prevent burning on the bottom of your Iso Nut Roll, make sure to place a baking sheet or parchment paper on the bottom of your baking pan before placing the roll on top.

Can I freeze the Poppy Seed Roll before baking?

Yes, you can freeze the Poppy Seed Roll before baking. Simply wrap the unbaked roll in plastic wrap and then in foil before placing it in the freezer. When ready to bake, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking as directed in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KelleyD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • hileeboydston