• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Your Hands on Lap Boards: Contact Me at [email protected] Today!

In summary, Lap boards are a good way to provide a more professional appearance to your shows. They are lightweight and have a pocket for business cards. They last for a while if you take care of them, and can be customized with pens and flyers.
atpchef
I need lap boards! Please email me if you're selling some [email protected]

thank you!

emailed you!

Why don't you make your own? I use 3-ring binders with a clear sleeve on the front & back. I cut off the spline, double-side tape a business card. School supplies are going to be very inexpensive soon so watch your sales.

pkd09 said:
Why don't you make your own? I use 3-ring binders with a clear sleeve on the front & back. I cut off the spline, double-side tape a business card. School supplies are going to be very inexpensive soon so watch your sales.

that's what I did 2 years ago, and am still using them..

do they weigh less than the 'real' lap boards?

I think so and much cheaper :)

I made my own too. They can get heavy when you carry 20 or so with a catalog in them but they worked very well. Have been using them for almost a year now.

I've been using my own for over 10 years. I've had to re-do some of them because they do get a little icky after 6 or 7 years, but really easy. If you accidently cut open the sealed side where the spine was you can easily glue it back or use clear tape. I buy the 1" notebooks in bulk from Office Depot--12 in a box for like $14 or something, with our discount they work out to be less than $`1 a notebook, which works out to $.50 per lap board. Guests love em

Hey whatever works, right? Just goes to show that different things work for different people. :D

I actually love the Merrill ones for the following reasons:
  • Logo items appear more professional to the cutsomers.
  • There's a pocket for my business cards. I get home from a show & find about 1/2 of the business cards missing where the guests took one home with them! :D I never gave out business cards with my cheap clip boards from the 100 Yen (Dollar) store.
  • There's a pen holder. I don't have to pass out pens anymore. I also have the personalized pens from Merrill now, so I tell them that they can keep the pen. They will remember me as long as that pen has ink! :p
  • I use the pocket on the back for the guest special flyer. I used to find that I'd be re-printing flyers for show #2, show #3, etc in the month. I don't do that anymore. The guests never pull out a flyer from the sleeve and take it home, so I can reuse them now vs. wasting paper & ink to print more before the next show.

I'd have NEVER invested in them, but bought some used white ones off someone who didn't need them anymore. I LOVE them, but there were only 12 and I need more. In March, I bought a bunch (20?) of the black ones from Merrill. They arrived after I evacuated Japan, so hubby says they are still sitting there in the box. :cry: (I really want my new lap boards! ;))

Sheila said:
Hey whatever works, right? Just goes to show that different things work for different people. :DI actually love the Merrill ones for the following reasons:
  • Logo items appear more professional to the cutsomers.
  • There's a pocket for my business cards. I get home from a show & find about 1/2 of the business cards missing where the guests took one home with them! :D I never gave out business cards with my cheap clip boards from the 100 Yen (Dollar) store.
  • There's a pen holder. I don't have to pass out pens anymore. I also have the personalized pens from Merrill now, so I tell them that they can keep the pen. They will remember me as long as that pen has ink! :p
  • I use the pocket on the back for the guest special flyer. I used to find that I'd be re-printing flyers for show #2, show #3, etc in the month. I don't do that anymore. The guests never pull out a flyer from the sleeve and take it home, so I can reuse them now vs. wasting paper & ink to print more before the next show.
I'd have NEVER invested in them, but bought some used white ones off someone who didn't need them anymore. I LOVE them, but there were only 12 and I need more. In March, I bought a bunch (20?) of the black ones from Merrill. They arrived after I evacuated Japan, so hubby says they are still sitting there in the box. :cry: (I really want my new lap boards! ;))
I actually hand them my business card as they check out (from the pocket on the lapboard). That way they all should go home with a card. If they are writing a check I pass them the card and say "Write your check out to me and it's yours to keep". I also put them all on magnets so that maybe hopefully when they take them home they'll put me on their fridge.By the way if you can figure out a way to afford them I totally agree with Sheila - the Merrill ones look so much more professional. I just wish they had the black out when I bought mine.

I like the black color, but I wish the pen holder was still on top & not the side. LOL

I have 24 of them Im selling that are BRAND NEW, black, with the pen holder on the top. They've never been used. Let me know if you're interested!

rompydompy said:
I have 24 of them Im selling that are BRAND NEW, black, with the pen holder on the top. They've never been used. Let me know if you're interested!

Are they from Merrill with the logo on them? How much?

wadesgirl said:
Are they from Merrill with the logo on them? How much?

Yes they are! I'd like to get 25 for all of them :) You can PM me if you're interested.

rompydompy said:
How much for 24?
Sheila

rompydompy said:
Hi. Do you still have the lap boards? I am a newbie, and could really use them. ☺

1. What are lap boards and how can they benefit me?

Lap boards are portable, lightweight cutting boards that are designed to fit comfortably on your lap while you work in the kitchen. They are perfect for meal prep, as well as serving and entertaining. With a lap board, you can easily chop, slice, and dice ingredients without having to worry about a messy kitchen counter or table. Plus, they are easy to clean and store.

2. Are lap boards dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our lap boards are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them to ensure their longevity.

3. Can I use lap boards for hot dishes?

Yes, our lap boards are heat-resistant and can be used for hot dishes. However, it is not recommended to place extremely hot items directly from the oven onto the lap board. Allow the dish to cool slightly before placing it on the board.

4. How do I contact you to purchase lap boards?

You can contact me at [email protected] to place an order for lap boards or any other Pampered Chef products. I would be happy to assist you with your purchase and answer any questions you may have.

5. Do you offer any discounts on lap boards?

Occasionally, we may offer discounts or promotions on our lap boards. The best way to stay updated on these offers is to follow our social media pages or sign up for our email newsletter. You can also contact me directly at [email protected] to inquire about any current promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stfenyo
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • atpchef
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
crissy11
  • atpchef