• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Finding Homemade Caramel Recipe with Old Digital Thermometer?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a caramel recipe that came with an old digital thermometer. The host has searched everywhere but can't find it. Another person on Google is also looking for it. The conversation ends with someone sharing a recipe for Sea Salt Caramels with Vanilla Bean and offering help to find the original recipe.
lisaterwilliger
Gold Member
I have a past host who just moved out of state who emailed me in a panic! She always makes the caramel recipe that came w/ the OLD digital thermometer and of course misplaced it in the move. Anyone have it? I have searched all over here, consultants corner and the internet and can't find anything...except on google I found another person looking for it! Anyone have it somewhere hidden on here? It's hard to go through all the pages since I'm at work and am just trying to search while I have time. Can someone help please!? THANKS! :)

This is not from our old thermometer, but I found it a few weeks ago and think it sounds yummy. Hopefully someone here can help you out; I have found this a wonderful place to hang out!
Sea Salt Caramels with Vanilla Bean

Yield: 64 caramels

Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes

1 cup heavy cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
½ tsp vanilla
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
1¼ teaspoon fleur de sel (or sea salt), plus more for sprinkling
1½ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup light corn syrup
¼ cup water

1. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, then lightly butter parchment.

2. Bring cream, butter, vanilla, vanilla beans, the vanilla pod, and sea salt to a boil in a small saucepan, then remove from heat and set aside.

3. Boil the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil, without stirring but gently swirling pan, until mixture is a light golden caramel.

4. Remove the vanilla pod and carefully stir cream mixture into the caramel (mixture will bubble up) and simmer, stirring frequently, until caramel registers 248 on thermometer. Pour immediately into the prepared baking pan and cool 30 minutes. Sprinkle another pinch or two of salt over the top of the caramel and let sit until completely cooled. Cut into 1-inch pieces (a pizza cutter is perfect for this), and then wrap each piece in a 4-inch square of wax paper, twisting 2 ends to close.

I have it saved on my computer. I'll email it to you.I would love it too!I would love it too!If you are talking about the digital thermometer with the probe - you can use the caramel recipe in the All the Best cookbook. It is the one I have always used. I have the digital thermometer but I never use it with the caramel recipe.

1. Can I use regular granulated sugar for this recipe?

Yes, you can use regular granulated sugar for this homemade caramel recipe. However, using brown sugar will give the caramel a richer and deeper flavor.

2. How long does it take for the caramel to set?

The caramel will take approximately 2 hours to set at room temperature. You can also place it in the refrigerator to speed up the setting process.

3. Can I use this caramel for other recipes?

Absolutely! This homemade caramel is versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes such as drizzling over desserts, dipping apples, or even adding to your morning coffee.

4. Can I substitute the heavy cream with another type of milk?

We recommend using heavy cream for the best results and creamiest texture. However, you can substitute with half and half or whole milk, but the caramel may not be as thick and rich.

5. How long can I store the homemade caramel?

You can store the homemade caramel in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before using it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sprinklesteen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • alibene80
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • PCMelissa