• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Diabetic Recipes - Helping a Customer Find Their Lost Favorites

In summary, Debbie shared a recipe for strawberry amaretto puff pastry. She suggests using sugar substitute, whipped topping, and amaretto flavoring to personalize the recipe for each individual.
frozenchef
Gold Member
Looking for diabetic recipes for a customer - thought I saw some on here at some point, but can't find them now... :(

hi aimee...i am a diabetic and have tons o recipes :) what are you looking for?

Oh, that's right Carla! Maybe just a little sampling to start her off? If it's easier to e-mail, my address is [email protected] or you can FB message me :)
So my head cold and headache finally went away - yay!

i will get some out to you today....right now i am canning green beans :) but will do it when i am finished....so glad you are feeling better!!!

hi aimee....sent you an e-mail with a few recipes....

I am looking for some recipes too. I have a show in a couple of weeks. Plus, my mom is always looking for sugar free recipes. Thanks! [email protected]

I would love some as well. I have quite a few customers who are in search of good diabetic recipes.

[email protected]

Thanks!!

Please share, I have two hosts who have asked for diabetic recipes, also. [email protected]

How I wish PC had a diabetic cookbook! I think we could easily sell them, esp if it combined the 30-minute (excuse me, 29-minute) dinner concept!

While I was waiting for an Rx yesterday at CVS, I saw a Diabetic Living magazine (special edition) of diabetic crockpot recipes that could easily go in the DCB. It had suggestions of sides at the end, too.

I agree!! We need more diabetic friendly recipes. We finally caught up with the times and have vegetarian ones so maybe we are next :)

I am doing a show next month and in need of diabetic recipes, as well. If anyone would care to share, I would greatly appreciate it. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Ironically enough I was diagnosed with Diabetes yesterday. I am trying to take this all in and figure out how to change my diet and get this under control. Anyone willing to share diabetic recipes please send to [email protected].

thanks!

I would love to have a few diabetic recipes as well. My host for February has a son that was recently diagnosed with diabetes and they are still learning how to change the families diet. This would be a great help for them. Thanks so [email protected]

Hi Carla,
I would be interested in receiving some of your diabetic recipes. The host is look at a dessert but is flexible. Please email me at [email protected].Thank you,Debbie

Would you mind to email me diabetic recipes as well? [email protected]
Thank you so much!

Could I get the recipes, too. I had a customer ask for them. Thank you!

Listings of carbs go a long way for anyone that's diabetic. Most count carbs and have to adjust accordingly. I am a relatively new diabetic and I can tell you today that the Mini Brownie Pan Pineapple Upsidedown Cake recipe was a major No-No! I never looked at the carbs, etc. I'm still learning but at least most recipes have the carb counts but everyone is different.

P.S., I didn't need to look. I knew. But, some days are just that way. I was just a bit surprised at how bad it really was. :O Yikes!

carlajanes said:
hi aimee...i am a diabetic and have tons o recipes :) what are you looking for?

Oh my goodness! Must be going around! I too have very recently been diagnosed and trying to learn! I think this might be a good request for PC! Cookbook with Diabetic's in mind! I too would LOVE any receipes tips and ideas! SO at a loss for even where to begin!
[email protected]

Hello - I am a new Independent Pampered Chef Consultant and one of my first cooking shows is for a diabetic. I am diabetic also. ISO recipes that we can fix for her show. Thanks so much!!!

From http://voices.yahoo.com/2-sugar-free-recipes-diabetics-1552845.html?cat=22Strawberry Amaretto Puffs1 package frozen puff pastry dough
1 package fresh or frozen strawberries (no sugar added)
Sugar substitute of your choice to preferred taste
1 package sugar free whipped topping
1 tsp amaretto flavoring
1 handful finely chopped almonds
Zest of one orangeBake puff pastry according to manufacturer's directions and set aside until stone cold. Blend together amaretto flavoring, and whipped topping. Set aside in the fridge. Next, slice up your strawberries and add as much of your preferred sugar substitute as tastes best to you. Now comes the fun part. Cut a pastry puff in half. Add a dollop of the whipped cream mixture to the bottom half and then add a spoon of the berry mixture. Top with almonds and orange zest. Finish with the top half of the pastry puff and another dollop of whipped cream and smattering of strawberries if you so desire. Serve immediately so as to avoid the whipped cream melting.Asian Orange Ginger Barbecue Sauce For Chicken1 jar sugar free orange marmalade (Apricot also tastes good if you cannot find orange.)
1 bottle barbecue sauce (Any brand you like. Just make sure sugar and carbohydrates are low.)1 tsp fresh grated ginger {With these three ingredients I diverge from the recipe a bit and
1 tsp fresh chopped chives add what I think tastes good!!}
1 tsp fresh chopped garlicEnough soy sauce to make sauce slightly runny. (Optional.)
1 tsp Sesame seeds (Optional.)Mix first five ingredients thoroughly. If the mixture is a bit too thick add some soy sauce to loosen it up a bit. The consistency of ketchup is good. I like to add sesame seeds but my daughter hates them in her food so the choice is up to you. After this is mixed brush it liberally over approximately one pound of chicken. Grill or bake as you normally would.

This recipe adapted from Pampered Chef “Delightful Desserts” using sugar free
ingredients.

Strawberries & Cream Cloud
3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup strawberry preserves (use Smucker’s Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves)
1 ready prepared angel food cake (12 –13 ounces) (purchase sugar free
prepared angel food cake from Wal-Mart or other grocery outlet)
1 8-oz container vanilla low fat yogurt
¼ cup milk (use fat-free milk)
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix (use Jell-O sugar free vanilla pudding
mix)
2 8-oz containers Cool Whip (can use sugar free Cool Whip)
Mix sliced strawberries with the strawberry preserves. Set aside. Mix milk,
pudding, yogurt and about ½ of one container of the Cool Whip for the cream
layer. Set aside.
Slice cake in 1/8 portions. Slice horizontally, about 3 slices per piece.
To assemble: Line a 2 quart bowl with plastic wrap. Starting with cake pieces,
layer cake, strawberry mixture and cream mixture. Finish with cake pieces.
Place a plate large enough to cover bowl, flip cake onto plate.
Frost using remaining Cool Whip.
Can serve immediately, but better if chilled for 2-4 hours.

From http://www.mohave.edu/documents/Human_Resources/HealthyU/Recipes/Strawberry_Cake.pdf

Hi will you please send me some diabetic recipes as well, for my Grandma? My email is [email protected]. Thank you!

Can someone please post the Diabetic Recipes for everyone? I'm sure our members would like that.
Thanks!

Hi Carla - Can you please send me some diabetic recipes too? Do you have any suggestions for a great demo? I have a show coming up with a diabetic crowd. Thanks in advance! :)

Is there a recipe file for diabetic recipes? I have a future host that wants me to send her a number of recipes to choose from for her show.

I'm a well-controlled diabetic. Many PC recipes are good for diabetics. Just look for recipes with little or no added sugar and no white bread or white rice. I don't think there's a file here for diabetes-friendly recipes.

1. Where can I find diabetic-friendly recipes?

At Pampered Chef, we have a section dedicated to diabetic recipes on our website. You can also find them in our cookbooks or by attending one of our cooking classes focused on diabetic-friendly meals.

2. Are these recipes approved by a dietitian or healthcare professional?

Yes, our diabetic recipes have been reviewed and approved by registered dietitians and healthcare professionals to ensure their safety and nutritional value for those managing diabetes.

3. Can I substitute ingredients in these recipes?

We always encourage experimentation in the kitchen, but for these specific recipes, we recommend following the instructions and ingredients listed to ensure they are truly diabetic-friendly. If you have any questions about substitutions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team.

4. Are these recipes suitable for all types of diabetes?

Our diabetic recipes are designed to be suitable for those managing type 2 diabetes. However, we always recommend consulting with a healthcare professional before making dietary changes for any type of diabetes.

5. Can I still enjoy my favorite dishes with these recipes?

Absolutely! Our diabetic recipes are created to be delicious and satisfying, so you can still enjoy your favorite dishes while managing your diabetes. We offer a variety of recipes, including comfort foods and desserts, so you don't have to feel restricted in your diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg