• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Cake Testers? Ask Here!

In summary, a cake tester is a small, thin tool used to check the doneness of baked goods. It helps ensure that your baked goods are cooked all the way through and prevents overcooking. While a toothpick can be used as a substitute, it is recommended to use a cake tester for best results. To use a cake tester, simply insert it into the center of the baked good and remove it. It can also be used to test the doneness of other foods, but it is important to clean it thoroughly between uses. To clean a cake tester, wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
I had a guest at my show tonight ask if we still sell the cake testers. I didn't see any in the catty, but thought some of my fellow cheffers may be able to point me in the right direction or may have a few for sale. TIA.

I have some cake testers. Let me know how many you need.

2 or 3 would be good. How much to ship them to 15320?

I have 4 of them $.75 each, free shipping

1. What is a cake tester and why do I need one?

A cake tester is a small, thin tool used to check the doneness of baked goods, such as cakes, cupcakes, and muffins. It is typically made of metal or bamboo and has a pointed end. Using a cake tester helps ensure that your baked goods are cooked all the way through and prevents overcooking.

2. Can I use a toothpick as a substitute for a cake tester?

Yes, a toothpick can be used as a substitute for a cake tester in most cases. However, toothpicks are often shorter and thicker than cake testers, so they may not be as accurate. It is recommended to use a cake tester for best results.

3. How do I use a cake tester?

To use a cake tester, simply insert the pointed end into the center of the baked good and then remove it. If the tester comes out clean, without any batter or crumbs, the baked good is done. If there are still crumbs or batter on the tester, continue baking for a few more minutes and test again.

4. What is the best way to clean a cake tester?

To clean a cake tester, simply wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. If there is any stubborn residue, you can also use a small brush to clean the pointed end. Make sure to dry the tester completely before storing it.

5. Can I use a cake tester for other foods besides baked goods?

Yes, a cake tester can also be used to test the doneness of other foods, such as boiled potatoes, steamed vegetables, and even meat. Just make sure to clean the tester thoroughly between uses to prevent cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • esavvymom
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • britishchef