• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for Vintage Boil Control?

In summary, the conversation is about a customer looking for an old Boil Control product. One person in the conversation has the product and is willing to sell it. The product is a can lid that rattles in the pot to prevent water from boiling over. It is made of metal but does not scratch cookware. The product has been discontinued and was sold for $2.50. The customer is interested in purchasing the product and wonders how much it would cost to ship. Others in the conversation also express interest in finding the product.
pamperedposey
Silver Member
I have a customer who is looking for the old Boil Control. I don't even know how much they used to sell for, but I told her I would try to find one for her. They have them on e-bay, but I'd rather not buy from there.

Thanks!

You're not going to believe this but I have one. It looks like a can lid? I have one UNopened on top of that! Hubby inherited a lot of things when his grandma died and that was one of them. Any idea how much they sold for?

From what I can telll...they sold for $2.50 (discontinued in Fall '01)

If any one else has one, I would also be interested. :angel:

That sounds REALLY neat. Does it actually work... I hate when the water boils over!!

lissahope26 said:
You're not going to believe this but I have one. It looks like a can lid? I have one UNopened on top of that! Hubby inherited a lot of things when his grandma died and that was one of them. Any idea how much they sold for?

Can I buy it from you? How much do you want including shipping? How can I pay you? Thanks!

I tried to tell her the trick of putting a wooden or bamboo spoon across the pot, but she was determined to get the actual boil control.

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
That sounds REALLY neat. Does it actually work... I hate when the water boils over!!
What they actually do is rattle in the pot, letting you know to turn it down a little.

Where is KG? I thought this title would definitely bring out a comment from him!!:D

Oooh!! Well isn't that a nifty idea!!

pamperedposey said:
Can I buy it from you? How much do you want including shipping? How can I pay you? Thanks!
Should be pretty cheap to ship. Send me a message.

Is it metal? If it's metal I wouldn't put in the nonstick cookware! Just a thought!!!

Anybody else happen to have one? She loved that one and wants another!

I bought one when I first started buying PC and (1) I usually forgot to use it in the pot and (2) it is metal and I wouldn't ever use it now with our non-stick cookware.

I don't think I would ever use one either, but she is insisting she needs one more! She doesn't have PC cookware, so if she dings up her old cookware maybe she'll need to buy more! :D

The boil control will not scratch your cookware. I promise. And the way it works is it does rattle but not to let you know to turn it down but it allows air to cirrculate differently. Hope these work.

1. What is "Vintage Boil Control" and why is it important?

"Vintage Boil Control" refers to a popular product from Pampered Chef that helps prevent pots from boiling over. It is important because it saves time and prevents messes in the kitchen.

2. How does "Vintage Boil Control" work?

The "Vintage Boil Control" is a silicone disk that is placed in the pot while cooking. It creates a barrier between the pot and the lid, allowing steam to escape without causing the pot to boil over.

3. Can "Vintage Boil Control" be used with any type of pot or pan?

Yes, the "Vintage Boil Control" can be used with most pots and pans that have a lid. However, it is not recommended for use with non-stick cookware as it may cause damage.

4. Is "Vintage Boil Control" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Vintage Boil Control" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water if preferred.

5. Can "Vintage Boil Control" be used in the microwave?

No, the "Vintage Boil Control" is not recommended for use in the microwave as it may cause damage to the product and the microwave itself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaseydee
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Symara
  • stayinathomemama
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
pampered Ruth
  • babywings76