• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso an Italian Recipe ~ Flat Bread or Something Similar

In summary, to make a traditional Italian flatbread or focaccia, mix flour, yeast, water, olive oil, and salt together, knead the dough, and let it rise before baking in the oven. You can also add toppings like herbs, vegetables, or cheese. While a bread machine can be used to mix and knead the dough, the final rising and baking should be done in the oven. Substituting whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour is possible, but may result in a different texture and taste. To check if the flatbread is done, look for a golden brown crust and crispy edges, or use a thermometer to ensure an internal temperature of 190-200°F. To store the flatbread, wrap
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Hello all!

I am in search of a recipe, Italian flair, flat bread or something similar for a show on the 25th. Any thoughts?

Karen

I love the Chicken, Pesto & Tomato Flatbread recipe. You can make the pesto in the MFP now, too. :D It's in the S/S 2010 SB cookbook.

Would you say the method of using the pizza dough for the "flatbread" part would work with the Tapenade recipes? (I do not have any of our pizza crust mix on hand).

babywings76 said:
I love the Chicken, Pesto & Tomato Flatbread recipe. You can make the pesto in the MFP now, too. :D It's in the S/S 2010 SB cookbook.

I second this! I love this recipe! Also the Mini Pesto Pizza's are to die for :) Again use the MFP for the Pesto.

I eat pesto 10x more now that I have the MFP. yea!:)

babywings76 said:

Yes this is totally yummy!

1. How do I make a traditional Italian flatbread?

To make a traditional Italian flatbread, also known as focaccia, you will need flour, yeast, water, olive oil, and salt. Mix the ingredients together, knead the dough, and let it rise before baking it in the oven. You can also top the flatbread with herbs, vegetables, or cheese for added flavor.

2. Can I use a bread machine to make the flatbread dough?

Yes, you can use a bread machine to mix and knead the dough for your Italian flatbread. However, the final rising and baking should be done in the oven for best results.

3. Can I substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour in the recipe. However, the texture and taste of the flatbread may be slightly different. You may need to adjust the amount of water and yeast in the recipe as well.

4. How do I know when the flatbread is done baking?

The flatbread is done baking when the crust is golden brown and the edges are slightly crispy. You can also check the internal temperature with a thermometer - it should read between 190-200°F.

5. How should I store the flatbread for later use?

To store the flatbread, let it cool completely and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, wrap the flatbread in foil and warm it in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• princezz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies