• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Upside Down Cranberry Skillet Cake Recipe

In summary, this cake can be made in either a fluted tube cake pan or in a family skillet. It is delicious and will be a hit at your next party.
Chefstover2
I know I've done this at a show at least 5 years ago...Upside Down Cranberry Skillet Cake. It was YUMMY and we made it with White Hot Chocolate at the show. I cannot for the life of me find the recipe for the cake. Does anyone else happen to have this recipe still?

Thanks!

Is this it? This can be made in the Fluted Stone or in the Family Skillet...

Cranberry-Orange Cake

Makes:16 servings

Cake
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® golden vanilla or yellow cake mix
1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup water - or half OJ/half water
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon grated orange peel - I used zest of whole orange
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped (do not thaw frozen cranberries)
Powdered sugar, if desired

Orange Sauce, if desired
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter (recommends use less)

1. Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour, or spray with baking spray with flour, 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
2. In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, melted butter, orange peel and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in cranberries. Spread in pan.
3. Bake 57 to 63 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. OR bake in 12 inch PC skillet at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
4. In 1-quart saucepan, cook all sauce ingredients over medium heat about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve warm or cool sauce with cake.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 63 to 69 minutes. For Orange Butter Sauce, increase flour to 2 tablespoons. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted, then cook 4 minutes longer.

Nutrition Information:
1 Serving: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 360mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 20g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Sounds good, but the one I'm thinking of had brown sugar butter and cranberries on the bottom, then cake mix on top then turned out onto a platter after being baked...like an upside-down cake.

I think my director has found some old show notes I can use...but if anyone else has the whole recipe, I'd love to have it again!

Sounds wonderful. Please post when you find it or figure out how to make it from the notes your director gave you!

Hi there! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Upside Down Cranberry Skillet Cake at a show 5 years ago. Unfortunately, I do not have the recipe for it, but I'm sure one of our fellow consultants or customers may have it. Have you tried searching our recipe database or asking in our consultant group? I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we can find it! Happy cooking!

What is the recommended dish to cook in the "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe"?

The "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe" is perfect for cooking a variety of dishes such as stir-fries, sautéed vegetables, and even pancakes.

Can the "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe" be used on all stovetop types?

Yes, the "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe" is compatible with all stovetop types including gas, electric, and induction.

Is the "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe" is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.

What is the size of the "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe"?

The "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe" has a diameter of 12 inches and a depth of 2.5 inches, making it perfect for cooking large meals for the whole family.

Can the "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe" be used in the oven?

Yes, the "Iso: 12" Skillet Recipe" is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it versatile for a variety of recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • janetgia