• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Your Baking Powder Still Good?

La classification est basée sur un modèle probabiliste de la structure d'intérêt. Le modèle probabiliste est défini par une pluralité de caractéristiques, chaque caractéristique ayant une distribution de probabilité respective de valeurs de pixels. L'autre opération est exécutée si la probabilité que la caractéristique soit une partie de la structure d'intérêt est supérieure à un seuil prédéfini. L'appareil comprend un capteur d'image (1), un extracteur de caractéristiques (2), un classificateur (3) et un dispositif de commande (4).
DebPC
Staff member
baking powder.jpg

There's an expiration date that helps, too. Good to know that tip, though - thanks for posting!
Although I'm one of those persons who uses things after they've expired, since I trust my nose.One thing I noticed, last time I bought baking powder, is the cans are a lot smaller. Great idea, since I don't use baking powder as near often as I use baking soda. Less to throw out when it does get old!

1. (WO2017035042) A METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR DETECTING AND IDENTIFYING A STRUCTURE OF INTERESTG01C 21/36 (2006.01) G PHYSICS 01 MEASURING; TESTING C MEASURING DISTANCES, LEVELS OR BEARINGS; SURVEYING; NAVIGATION; GYROSCOPIC INSTRUMENTS; PHOTOGRAMMETRY OR VIDEOGRAMMETRY 21 Navigation; Navigational instruments not provided for in groups G01C1/-G01C19/104 26 specially adapted for navigation in a road network 34 Route searching; Route guidance 36 Input/output arrangements for on-board computers(EN) A METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR DETECTING AND IDENTIFYING A STRUCTURE OF INTEREST(FR) PROCÉDÉ ET APPAREIL DE DÉTECTION ET D'IDENTIFICATION D'UNE STRUCTURE D'INTÉRÊTAbstract:(EN) A method and apparatus for detecting and identifying a structure of interest is disclosed. The method comprises the steps of: capturing an image of the environment of a vehicle; extracting at least one feature from the captured image; classifying the at least one feature as being a part of a structure of interest or not; and performing a further operation based on the classification of the at least one feature. The classification is based on a probabilistic model of the structure of interest. The probabilistic model is defined by a plurality of features, each feature having a respective probability distribution of pixel values. The further operation is performed if the probability that the feature is a part of the structure of interest is above a predetermined threshold. The apparatus comprises an image sensor (1), a feature extractor (2), a classifier (3), and a controller (4). The controller is configured to perform the steps of the method.(FR) L'invention concerne un procédé et un appareil de détection et d'identification d'une structure d'intérêt. Le procédé comprend les étapes consistant à : capturer une image de l'environnement d'un véhicule ; extraire au moins une caractéristique de l'image capturée ; classifier ladite au moins une caractéristique en tant qu'étant une partie d'une structure d'intérêt ou non ; et effectuer une autre opération sur la base de la

1. How can I tell if my baking powder is still good?

To check if your baking powder is still good, you can perform a simple test. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking powder with 1/3 cup of hot water. If the baking powder is still active, it will immediately start to fizz and bubble. If there is no reaction, it means the baking powder has lost its potency and should be replaced.

2. How long does baking powder last?

Baking powder typically has a shelf life of about 6-9 months after it has been opened. However, this can vary depending on the brand and storage conditions. It is best to check the expiration date on the packaging and replace it if it has passed.

3. Can I still use baking powder past its expiration date?

It is not recommended to use baking powder past its expiration date as it will not provide the desired results in baking. Expired baking powder will have lost its leavening power and your baked goods may not rise properly.

4. How should I store my baking powder?

Baking powder should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container. Exposure to moisture or humidity can cause it to lose its potency. Avoid storing it in the refrigerator as the moisture can affect its performance.

5. Can I substitute baking soda for baking powder?

Baking soda and baking powder are two different ingredients and cannot be used interchangeably. Baking powder contains both an acid and a base, while baking soda is only a base. Using baking soda instead of baking powder will affect the taste and texture of your baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • kam