• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning My Party: Should I Wait for Starter Kit?

In summary, Kathylynn is planning a first show at her home and she is nervous because she has a lot of moms and kids there. She recommends a Mommy & Me Show.
Kathylynn
Alright, I already have my first party scheduled at my house for 2 July. I told my neighbor and she has already told other neighbors about it. I made up a flier about it and I'd like to go hand it out, since this is only 2 weeks away, but I havne't gotten my starter kit yet. Should I wait for that, or is it okay to hand it out now? I'll get my kit tomorrow or Tuesday.

Yes!You can definitely hand out the flyers! The more the better! Are you sure that you get your kit tomorrow? If so, I would definitely start handing flyers out! I would also make sure you get your supplies (copies of order forms, pens, any door prize drawings and catalogs!) Good Luck!

Well, I ordered it Saturday and they said 2 days. So Monday or Tuesday. If someone calls for a catalog, I'll just tell them that I'm out, I'll have more on Tuesday and I'll bring one by. Does that sound good?

I think that sounds great! Your recruiter or director also might be willing to loan you some catalogs. You can replace them when you get your kit.

My recruiter loaned me some catalogs until I got my catalogs! Good Luck on your shows!

Thanks guy!

Well, I papered my road today. I put out 32 fliers, including one to my friend lol I figure maybe 5-10% will respond, being 1-3 people or so. If I'm lucky, 10. No way all thirty lol

I'm going to a meeting at my director's house tomorrow, so if my box hasn't come yet I'll borrow some catalogs from her.

Oy, I'm already nervous! :D

First show storiesI think there should be a thread devoted just to First Show Stories! On my first show, which my friend and next door neighbor hosted for me, four of the seven guests showed up an hour and a half late (when I was just about done my presentation, even though we'd waited around almost 45 min past the time I was supposed to start) and the POWER WENT OUT halfway through my show!! Thank goodness I was making the Cool Veggie Pizza and had cooked the crust beforehand!!
Everyone there bought something, but most of them only spent 10-20 dollars (and this is in Canada, where a show has to be $200 to qualify). The show was saved by a neighbor of mine who couldn't make the show but ordered nearly $300 worth of products for herself and her sister-in-law.
I considered my first show a great learning experience--sort of a Trial By Fire.
It taught me to roll with the punches and hope for the best--it ain't over 'til it's over!
Good luck!!
D.C.

Since my first show is going to be at my house, with my kids and a bunch of other kids here, I betcha I'll end up in the fetal position sobbing after they all leave. But as long as they all buy something, that's still okay! :D

Kathylynn,

Just an idea, but since you are going to have so many moms and kids there, when you talk about bookings mention a Mommy & Me Show. I've done a lot of these in the last few months and the moms love them! Hopefully you'll get a lot of bookings... and if you're not in the fetal position after your show you will be after a Mommy & Me show! :D

Good luck!

1. Should I wait to receive my Starter Kit before planning my party?

While it's not necessary to wait for your Starter Kit to arrive before planning your party, having it on hand can provide you with valuable resources and tools to showcase at your party. It also allows you to familiarize yourself with the products and gain confidence in presenting them to your guests.

2. What if my Starter Kit doesn't arrive in time for my planned party date?

If your Starter Kit has not arrived in time for your planned party date, don't worry! You can still host a successful party by borrowing products from your consultant or using alternative products you already have at home. Your consultant can also provide you with digital resources and training to help you prepare for your party.

3. Can I start selling products from my Starter Kit before my official launch party?

Yes, you can absolutely start selling products from your Starter Kit before your launch party. In fact, it's a great opportunity to showcase some of the products to friends and family and gather some initial interest and orders before your official launch. Just be sure to communicate with your consultant to ensure proper tracking and credit for any sales made before your launch party.

4. How long does it typically take to receive my Starter Kit?

The delivery time for your Starter Kit may vary depending on your location and shipping method. Typically, it takes about 3-5 business days for your Starter Kit to arrive after it has been shipped. Your consultant can provide you with more specific information about the estimated delivery time for your area.

5. Can I customize my Starter Kit to include specific products?

Unfortunately, the Starter Kit cannot be customized to include specific products. However, it does include a variety of best-selling and popular products to help you get started on your Pampered Chef journey. Your consultant can also assist you in selecting additional products to supplement your Starter Kit and meet the needs of your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa821
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • Kelley Sells
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies