• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Appropriate to Display HWC Items at a Birthday Party Fundraiser?

In summary, Bee is considering putting up a display of the HWC items on a pink card table for everyone to see and view the products, as well as using the CELEBRATE PLATE for a picture of her eating her first birthday cake. She would like to go door to door selling the products to raise money for the ACS.
heat123
Silver Member
I have my daugther's 1st birthday party this weekend. (with some 60 guests attending). I was considering putting up a display of the HWC items on a pink card table for everyone to see and view the products since I am having a fundraiser for HWC and putting an order form out if people wanted to purchase any of the items. Wasn't planning on talking about it (to push it on anyone) but thought about simply displaying it.

Do you think that is lame- tacky or ok?
Thanks for any suggestions!

I think I would nix the order forms, but having the HWC stuff displayed sounds good. Since these people are your friends and family they should already know you do Pampered Chef and will more than likely ask you about it.

Have your daughter eat her slice of cake on the HWC plate!! Your family and friends will ask wear you got it from!!

How about using the CELEBRATE PLATE for a picture of her eating her first birthday cake??? In fact, I'd take a photo ahead of time, and create my own
invitation with that posed picture of her on the front of the invitation. Use
or have visible as many of your PC products as possible, during your party. Put small drawer items in the Tool Caddy, in a prominent place on your kitchen
counter. Ask some of your early arrivals to fill the deviled eggs with your Easy Accent Decorator, or peel some of the vegies. You get the idea.
I had a couple over last night to welcome the snowbirds back home. She
watched me like a hawk as I made the Rice Cooker cake for dessert, and served it within 15 minutes from start to finish. Dinner was Jamaican Pork Tenderlion Pg.37 on Stoneware Inspirations. It's a Show Stopper recipe. I can hardly wait to use it at a party. Last night was my audition night for it.
It was a subliminal way of sharing my PC excitement with them. Yes, I did have a display of the Spring products on one side table - leftover from my one year anniversary party the day before. I will not be dismantling that until
my husband gets tired of looking at it. I like looking at it myself. The colors go very well with my decor.

tacky yesOkay, I think it might be a bit bold to have a little selling section on the side but I think you should still do it. These are your friends who might know you sell PC but don't look at the catalog all the time. Many people don't even know what the products really are. I like the idea of using PC products but I think many people will miss that they are available from you.

Maybe a small corner with your products set up and a small sign posted explaining HWC. Put on there something about you not wanting them to feel pressured to buy but that you want them to know about what you do. You'll be too busy to notice anyone looking at it.

Go for it....BEE

Hmm, with that being said from Bee I hesitate now (thanks for all your inputs and honesty) . I dont' want it to be tacky!
I was just wanting some exposure for HWC month! And a sign about HWCs campaign every year.

And Plus I have a host who was just diagnosed with Breast cancer just recently and is going in for a possible double masectomy and I really wanted to sell as much product in honor of what she is going through now!! (She had to postpone her show from this month until indefinitely) I was really touched by her story since this was her 3rd bout with cancer in general (first time being in her breasts) and she's only in her mid 30s. :O(

It makes me want to go dooor to door selling the stuff to get at much $ to the ACS as I can with a story like that! But I would need the time and Huge courage to do that!

I would have as many things out in your kitchen as possible, but not so they look like they are on display. Do you have the woven baskets? Have one on your table with a few things in it - poupourri in one - one on your bathroom counter if room. I have the rectangular one on my coffee table with magazines in it. Use some Simple Additions for serving.

If you have the celebration plate, I love the idea of her using that for her cake - or use the pink and white HWC plates. Use the mini-spatula or something like that for serving. Lots of our products can be used without making a display if you use your imagination!

Have packets made up just in case someone cannot resist all your cool things and wants to book a party! Good Luck! :)

oopsSorry if I made you hesitate. I think you should go for it! If the main purpose is to raise money in honor of your friend, then I think you could do a more cancer-center corner. You could have the pink items out and the Cancer Society flyers as well. You could have a HWC order form with the top explaining WHY (to honor xxx) you are selling these products specifically.

You'll stop the guests at some point to do introductions, etc. so I'd just make a quick announcement:

"As you know, I am a PC consultant and May is our month to raise money for breast cancer awareness. XXX has had xx and is going through....treatment.....In the corner I have some info that you can take to learn more about breast cancer as well as some special pink products that we are selling. For each product sold, $1 will be donated to breast cancer awareness programs. If you'd like something please let me know, but don't feel obligated. In the meantime, please call your doctor if you have find a lump or to schedule a mammogram - it could save your life....."

If you're quick and personalize it with your friend's story then I think it's much more accepting to hear than feeling like you're having something pushed down your throat...BEE

I think that in honor of your friend it makes it more acceptable, but I still think it is a little over the edge. If people at the party know your friend also it would be even more appropiate.

1. Is it ok to put my Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher?

It is generally not recommended to put your Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can potentially damage the non-stick coating and other delicate features of the products. It is best to hand wash them with warm soapy water and a soft cloth.

2. Can I use metal utensils with my Pampered Chef cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with Pampered Chef cookware as they can scratch and damage the non-stick coating. It is best to use wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils with these products.

3. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use in the oven?

Yes, most Pampered Chef products are safe to use in the oven. However, it is important to check the product's instructions and recommendations before using it in the oven. Some products may have temperature limitations or may not be suitable for certain types of ovens.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef stoneware on the stovetop?

No, Pampered Chef stoneware is not recommended for use on the stovetop. It is designed to be used in the oven or microwave only. Using it on the stovetop can cause the stoneware to crack or break.

5. Are Pampered Chef products covered by a warranty?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty for most of their products. This warranty covers defects in material and workmanship under normal household use. If you encounter any issues with your product, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies