1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Is this enough for a Chocolate show?

1. floccies

floccies Member

I need to know how much is "enough" for a chocolate show.

Beverages: choc martini, choc milke, hot choc

Dessert: Killer choc cake(made in the microwave)

Tuxedo Brownie bites? or some other type of fancy brownie? Choc Trifle?

What else should there be? Should there be a appetizer like fruit dip? Another dessert?

I don't want to go overboard. Right now I have 2 maybe's. But I also don't want those that show up to be thinkging "This is it????". I want whatever else is added to this to be "premade" or "only needs finishing touches".

Mar 23, 2009
  2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Are you hosting this show? If it's your own show, I could see wanting to provide multiple things. But if it's just a regular host, I wouldn't do too much. You could just do one great recipe and call it good. :) The double chocolate mousse cups are really good. I do Janet's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trifle and get great reviews. It has a lot of chocolate to it and it looks great and is easy.

Mar 23, 2009
  3. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

What about only offering ONE beverage? (my vote is the Chocolate Martinis)

The Killer Chocolate Cake (or whatever it is called) is a great idea - why not do 'something extra' that would go along with it - like grapes or strawberries?

Mar 23, 2009
  4. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

I'd offer the chocolate martinis, a dessert and then maybe the cool n creamy chocolate fondue with the cinnamon chips. So just one beverage, one dessert to demo and have the fondue made already. That's 3 chocolate and that's plenty. Cut it down to just the martini and dessert if expenses get too high. JMO ;)

Mar 23, 2009
  5. floccies

floccies Member

You are all wonderful. (Telling me just what I want to hear :>)

Keep it simple. Save some of the recipes for later chocolate events!

I really enjoyed practicing the chocolate martini's last night :>

Mar 24, 2009
  6. MissChef

MissChef Senior Member Gold Member

Don't do too much! I agree with everyone here! we consulants have way too many choices to choose from and we go into overdrive... or should I say over kill! I love the idea of the chocolate martinis, your killer chocolate cake and then have something pre-made like those mouse cups or the tuxedo cups or the chocolate fondue! The fondue would be easy too! shows a whole new set of products too!
    good luck.. let us know how it went!;):D

Mar 24, 2009
  7. avelissar

avelissar Member

How do you make the Chocolate martinis? Don't you need a shaker?

Andrea

May 5, 2009
  8. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I agree with everyone else. I had a $1,400 Chocolate show and all I made was Cool and Creamy Chocolate fondue...and I had even prebaked the cinnamon crisps at my house!

Less is better.

Have you ever had so many choices that you couldn't decide what to do or buy? Give them too much to look at and you are hurting your sales and chances of future bookings or recruits.

I want the recipe for chocolate martinis:)

May 5, 2009
Have something to add?