• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Offering a 1 Cent Pampered Chef Show

In summary, this person is selling Pampered Chef products on Ebay, but is violating the advertising and publicity guidelines by not promoting them through other means.
PamperedPrincess74
I know the Ebay thing has been beat to death around here, but I saw a little twist on it while searching for old Season's Bests (trying to collect as many as I can!) and got to wondering if this is "legal"? This person seems to be using EBAY to get shows - she offers (for the price of ONE penny) all the materials needed to do a catalog show. She seems to get bids so I'm wondering if she's getting shows this way. I looked at her feedback and saw that she HAS sold several items which I know is not allowed, but I was wondering about the show thing. Here is her exact listing:

1 cent

Will get you all the catalogs and paperwork you'd need to host a pampered chef catalog party.

You earn free product

up to 4 half priced items

and up to 30% off your own order

plus 10% off for the next year.

I'm a registared consultant

I can provide my consultant number so you can check me out.

What a way to get Pampered chef..... FREE

Contact me with any questions

Please only read if you'd be interested in a show. I am not doing this for feedback, I'm doing it to promote The pampered Chef products. I will leave negative feedback to those who use this for feedback. I am charged fees to post this auction.

Independent Consultant

Shelia Kieser

Wow, I can't believe that this is allowed. Granted, she is very creative!

I'd be surprised to hear that it is too. She has been selling stuff though. A bunch of spring products. This used to not bother me but lately I've been having such a hard time getting shows that it's starting to. I've really been working hard and spending alot of time and $ trying to make my business a success and here there are tons of people out there doing it the easy way and earning all the incentives and points, etc just by listing on stupid EBay. I guess I shouldn't complain. I wouldn't have been able to collect all the Seasons Best if no one sold on EBay. UGH.

It is such a double edged sword isn't it? I agree that there are a lot of us that struggle and here she is doing something that is not right. But, at the same time it makes me want to work harder to get everything the "legal" way just to show these people who the "mac-mommy" really is!

What's her Ebay handle?

sheliakieser

I don't see her selling shows, am I missing something? or did she take it off?

It's auction number 4446543903

The other day, I actually emailed an ebayer asking how they got around it (the rules, I was acting like I wanted to do it, I never have and never would) and they just replied as "I am not a consultant". My thought was maybe you are not but your wife, daughter, sister, mother, or husband brother (don't want to be sexist) etc. is though. They had all the spring line on there, and the May host bonus!!! I just wish P.C would check into those things more. I dont mind those who sell there supplies when they quit (lapboards, totes, paperwork) but to sell the cookware, and all the new stuff that we try to make our business from, that is just wrong. Oh well, that is my venting for the day, thanks for listening.!!!

Well, I just ratted Sheila out...:D

Marg,

So am I to assume that it is NOT allowed to solicit for shows on a site like Ebay?

There was someone also that I saw on eBay who had a coupon there that she/he made for something similar as well. Did anyone see that?

On TPC's website, this is what it says under Advertising and Publicity Guidelines:
You may not sell any Pampered Chef® products — current or discontinued — through online auction houses (like eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered Chef®Personal Web Site.

They way I look at it is, she's selling products via ebay - indirectly, perhaps, but I think it's pretty clear that HO doesn't want us "promoting" our business in this matter.

JMO but I was assuming it was violating the rule about not promoting your business ie as in you can't have that I am a consultant with The Pampered Chef in your profile like on yahoo or anything like that...maybe it's just me.

Some guy/gal has a ton of PC stuff they are selling on e-bay, all new, including the new pink cups and saucers for HWC. They are not even for sale to the hosts yet, I for one signed up to late to earn them. The auction number is 4450292330. Stumbled across it looking for a simple additions tote.

I guess they don't care they are hurting the PC consultants' businesses and also the charity by doing this, if someone hosted a show for the cups HWC would get money, here they are the only ones making any money off of it, and the kicker is you know they got the cup set for free.

I was talking to my director, who is also a very good friend of mine. She told me that one of the other consultants in her downline who quit several months ago, was caught selling on EBay. My director found out because when HO contacted the consultant via email about it, they copied her. She sent me a copy of the email they sent to her about it (with the consultant's name deleted of course ::)) Here is the copy she sent me. I'm kind of surprised that this is all they say to the consultants when they find out...

Hi xxxxxxx,
It has come to our attention that you have been selling Pampered Chef items on eBay under seller name “xxxxxxxxx” and processing them through the Home Office.

According to Section A.1. of the Kitchen Consultant Agreement of which you agreed to when you signed the agreement, Consultants are not allowed to sell any current, discontinued, or any Pampered Chef products in your personal inventory through online auction houses (like eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered Chef personal Web site.

We consider this type of activity an extremely serious matter. Please discontinue listing Pampered Chef items on eBay. Be advised that the continued sale of Pampered Chef products on eBay past the deadline above will negatively impact your status as a Pampered Chef Consultant. Under the terms of the Kitchen Consultant Agreement, the Company may terminate the Agreement and your business relationship with the Company immediately for cause or without any reason upon 30 days written notice.

This e-mail also provides to you written notice that some of your orders may be audited to verify that the customers did not place the order through eBay.

We trust that you want to abide by the terms of your Kitchen Consultant Agreement, and we look forward to your compliance.

Thanks.

xxxxxxxxx
Solution Center Representative

The Pampered Chef

There's Another One 77*77 This Guy Has Everything In The Catalog Listed As Buy Now. How Do You Rat Them Out? So Frustrating

Any person who is in violation of TPC's advertising/marketing guidelines can be reported to this email address: [email protected]. There's an _ between the career and solutions. :)

There you go, Marg! She isn't allowed to do it and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Like Mary said, it's not a problem for non consultants to sell on Ebay, but Sheila was announcing she was a consultant. tsk tsk tsk on her! :)

My bad...Okay, I JUST signed on in Feb. to PC...I was SOOOO excited I went on this wedding website, put up a post about the new wedding registry and put my link to my PC website on there....SO, I get an email to take it down immediatley....NOW, I was NOT being harmful in anyway, just getting the word out about the registry, and in my ignorance of the RULES as I was brand spanking new and didn't really read them :eek: I forgot all about that site....:eek:
Naturally I took the weblink out immediately .....BUT....why isn't the HO doing something about the ebayers.....pretend they are buyers, find out the addresses of the folks selling and then take care of them....why can't EBAY help out also....there is sooo much that is going on for sale there, knock off pocketbooks, all that I understand....BUT.....to send me an email for being on a thread like this....I just thought it strange when I saw this posting...

BUT, I have to say that the woman that is doing the catalog shows, that could be a "fine line" she is not selling products directly. She is selling the "catalog shows"....BUT selling the products legit through a catalog show.
THAT is a FINE LINE.....creative, but fine line just the same....

welp, I will be watching where I put my links for sure....:eek: :cool:

Right i started selling pc. I had couple of the whip cancer pins iRight i started selling pc. I had couple of the whip cancer pins i wanted to get rid of so i try to sell them on ebay and since i just starting selling pc. I got into trouble for them even thought i didn't get them for selling pc. I thought to myself why can't i so i email the H.O. and ask them why can't i and they told me it cause i am selling pc and since didn't by them i can't sell them. I wasn't asking alot of money out of them just .25 for all of them. i wasn't trying to make money off them i thought maybe someone else who collected them would like them. So i know the H.O is On the look out for that. I know i have learn my lesons on that.

You are not allowed to pay for advertising unless you are a director or something. I think that would fall under paying for advertising.

Emma

EmmaLeeM said:
You are not allowed to pay for advertising unless you are a director or something. I think that would fall under paying for advertising.

Emma
Any consultant is able to advertise (thus pay for a mention or space for an ad). On page F-17 in Recipe for Success, all of the guidelines are listed. Be sure to check this if anyone is thinking about advertising. Any level can advertise in print advertising, but there are guidelines on how to identify yourself, logo usage, etc. They only place NO consultant can advertise is the internet:( (even if you don't have a link to your website). Before I was a Director, I advertised in various ways and as long as you follow all of the policies, it's ok. The Home Office can answer any questions for you if you're not sure if the method of advertising you're looking into is within the guidelines.

Just thought I'd clarify.:)

Thank you....:eek: I went back and took it out....I was just sooo excited at the time...:(
But I did go onto EBAY and that woman that was doing the .01 thing well, I dunno....is it wrong? It's a crazy idea, you don't know WHO your sending the catalogs too, it could be a bad person out to scam someone ya know? THAT is not the way the company would like to present itself.....scary.....

plusthey are selling our #2 product for a penny! (the cooking show). very sketchy.

Esther

What is a "1 cent Pampered Chef show"?

A "1 cent Pampered Chef show" is a promotional offer where the host can earn free and discounted products by hosting a cooking demonstration or party with a minimum of $200 in sales.

How do I qualify for a "1 cent Pampered Chef show"?

To qualify for a "1 cent Pampered Chef show", you must have at least $200 in sales from your party. This can be a combination of orders from guests and your own personal purchases.

What are the benefits of hosting a "1 cent Pampered Chef show"?

Hosting a "1 cent Pampered Chef show" allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as access to exclusive host specials. It also gives you the opportunity to try out new products and recipes.

Can I use other discounts or promotions with a "1 cent Pampered Chef show"?

No, the "1 cent Pampered Chef show" offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. However, you can still earn host rewards and discounts based on your total party sales.

How do I schedule a "1 cent Pampered Chef show"?

To schedule a "1 cent Pampered Chef show", simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and they will help you set up a date and time for your party. You can also schedule a virtual party if you are unable to host in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Tina Berger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tina Berger
  • Gail Clark