• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Avoid Scams on Pamperedchef: Tips for Safe Online Purchases | Suzy in Texas

form on our website, and did not live in the area where they claimed to reside.We would like to remind Consultants to always verify the information provided in an email before responding, and to forward any suspicious or fraudulent emails to our fraud department at [email protected]. We appreciate your vigilance and will continue to work with our Consultants to help protect our customers and their accounts.Sincerely,The Pampered Chef
Suzyengl
I received her original email earlier in the week and responded, as I always do to leads from the Home Office, with the typical email-thank you, etc. I tried calling the phone number she gave me and it was a ping(?) number. Now I get this email and I'm a bit concerned. If she lives in Iowa, why is she contacting me,a consultant in Texas, for an order? And how did she get my information in the first place? I'm not going to respond to her email-and may send this on to the home office. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Suzy in Texas

(Her email):

Thanks for reply,I contacted you on pamperedchef concerning your representative dealership on pamperedchef.Well I want to deal with you in purchasing this items below with you, Due to my new appearance on the site,and i don't have much experience on how buying or purchasing products through credit card,in short i don't have a credit or debit card,due to what i have experienced in the past..And i need to get some items on pamperedchef for my aunty who was a cooker and she just lost her husband ,and i need to go visit her and to get something for her and her children before this month runs out or by next month.I don't want to travell to my aunty with empty hand,bcos she is so good and kind to me.This site has the real things i have been looking for.

I am also nursing a 4 months child,and my husband has stopped me from working, for me to be able to take good care of our child.So i want everything to be done within us.

Below are pamperedchef products i want to purchase.

(2 Quantities ) #1744 Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl Set

(2 Quantities ) #1204 8 1/4-cup Rectangle Leakproof Glass Container

(2 Quantities ) #2172 Bamboo Tool Turn-About

(2 Quantities ) #1647 Dripless Oil & Vinegar Bottle Set

(2 Quantities ) #2230 Classic Batter Bowl

(2 Quantities ) #1785 Salad & Berry Spinner

(3 Quantities ) #2481 Stainless/Silicone Sauce Whisk

(2 Quantities ) #2354 Digital Kitchen Scale

Let me know the total cost for Complete Set of this items.?

Let me know if there is a discount to it, I will also add additional fee of $20 handling fee for you,bcos i know all it will take you and for getting this from pamperedchef for me. Also i will make use of my husband ups account in shipping the items from you,after you have order and receive the products from the pamperedchef,then i can forward you a ups shipping label and invoice through my email address for you to print out and paste on the package for shipping,I will also schedule pick up with ups to come down to your address for pick up the Products from you.

My boss i worked with before i stop working after i had a new baby,are owning me money.And my boss is the same as my debtor who will be in charge of mailing out payment to your address.

So do you accept Personal Check/cashier's Check/Money Order as a mode of payment? Kindly email me your full name,contact address,not p.o.box and also your phone number where you will like my debtor to mail out the payment to.And once you receive the payment you can proceed in placing the order for me on pamperedchef,or you can have them order and when you receive payment ,i can then prepare you ups label for the products to be ship from you. My name is Donna will,253 south lucas ave,eagle grove,iowa.50533.

And when you receive my payment you can then place order for the items on the site for me.

I hope to hear from you soon,and God bless you.

Sure looks like a scam to me.

I'd suggest forwarding this email to HO, and get their opinion on it!

Yes. it is. ANytime someone says they'll send a check or MO, and add extra money, it's a red flag (I'm surprised the crooks haven't gotten smarter on that one yet.Read this thread: you'll see more just like it.

these have been going around. what is going is going on?

Scam! Scam! Scam! Not only is the payment method the red flag, but her language is as well.

Thankyou all-that's what I thought but was not sure. I will send this to the Home Office and then put her email in my spam folder.

Suzy in Texas

Here is the response I received from the Home Office. Thank you all for your support!
Suzy in Texas

Dear Suzy,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We've recently received several reports from Consultants regarding suspicious emails from unknown customers. In some cases, it appears that Consultants received emails from individuals who filled out the Contact Me form on their Personal Web Site, and in other cases, it appears Consultants have been emailed directly. These emails are most likely the result of spam or email phishing.

The email may include requests for large orders with an offer to overpay the product total with a cashier''s check or money order. And in a few emails, the shipping address was not given or suspicious. As a precaution, never engage with unknown customers who are requesting cashier''s checks or certified checks for over the amount of the purchase price. They are often fraudulent and expect you to refund the difference, thereby gaining access to your banking information. If you are unfamiliar with the customer who sent the email, report the email as junk or spam and delete the email. Sending a reply to an unknown sender may simply verify that yours is a working email address and could result in even more unwanted messages. Do not respond to these emails. I will forward this to Web Support.

1. What is a scam email?

A scam email is a fraudulent message sent by an individual or group with the intention of tricking the recipient into giving away personal information or money. These emails often appear to be from a legitimate source, such as a bank, government agency, or well-known company, but are actually designed to steal sensitive information or money from the recipient.

2. How can I identify a scam email?

There are several red flags that can help you identify a scam email. These include spelling and grammar errors, urgent or threatening language, requests for personal information or money, and suspicious email addresses or links. It's important to be cautious and not click on any links or provide any information if you are unsure about the authenticity of an email.

3. What should I do if I receive a scam email?

If you receive a suspicious email, do not respond to it or click on any links. Instead, you can mark the email as spam or phishing and delete it. You can also report the email to your email provider or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). It's important to also change your passwords and monitor your accounts for any suspicious activity.

4. Can scam emails contain viruses?

Yes, some scam emails may contain viruses or malware that can harm your computer or steal your personal information. These viruses can be hidden in attachments or links within the email. It's important to have up-to-date antivirus software and to never open attachments or click on links from unknown sources.

5. How can I protect myself from scam emails?

To protect yourself from scam emails, it's important to be cautious and vigilant. This includes not clicking on links or opening attachments from unknown sources, being skeptical of urgent or threatening language, and regularly updating your computer's antivirus software. You can also educate yourself on common scam tactics and stay informed about the latest scams. If you are unsure about the authenticity of an email, you can always contact the supposed sender through a verified source to confirm its legitimacy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
trps
  • Lexif424