• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with a Vendor Fair Booth: Is It Worth the Investment?

In summary, the event is a fundraiser for a Relay for Life team. They are unsure of how many people will attend and are advertising on 13 different websites. Their facebook event has 25 people attending so far. This sounds like a great opportunity for a first-time fundraiser, and the price is right. There are a lot of resources on this website about how to do a fundraiser. They also take orders for the fundraiser.
ChefParty4U
I've been offered a booth at a Vendor Fair being used as a fundraiser for a Relay for Life team. The event will be on a Sunday afternoon from 10am to 5pm. They would give me a 10x10 space for $35. It is their first year trying this, so they are unsure of their turnout. They say they are advertising on 13 different websites and putting ads in the local papers. Their facebook event shows 25 people attending so far.

I am still in my first month, about halfway to qualifying, but with no real good leads at this point. Will this be a good option for me? How can I best utilize the situation?

It never hurts and if you can get something fairly inexpensively then I say go for it. I would do it. Thats me though, I know I am not everyone on here but I would sign up and do it.
:chef:

This sounds like a fabulous opportunity, and the price is right. There are a lot of files on this site about various ways to do fund raisers. I always take the door prize slips and have people fill them out with the option of winning something--usually most of them win free shows, where I bring the ingredients. It really gets you into a lot of different circles. I also take orders for the fundraiser. Good luck. If you don't want to do it alone, you could have fellow cheffer help you out and split the cost.

I know I should look at this to try and find new hostesses, but should i take orders there also? Should I look into purchasing some items for cash and carry? Would it be appropriate to say I'll donate to the group for every party booked off the event, or offer a certian percentage of item purchased that day?

Do I want to do the sales as an actual fundraiser, or do it as a regular show, with me as the hostess, I can donate my commissions or half, whatever, then get the free products to add to my kit?

If you're paying for the space, the organizers are probably not expecting you to donate any more money. Double check with them, though, to be sure. Don't invest in cash and carry, because you don't know what people will want, and you might end up with a loss. Do expect to have sales - maybe a very small amount, maybe enough for a show, but if people know it's a fundraiser they'll expect to come in and spend money. If it is enough for a show, submit as you as the host, and take the freebies. If you want to split your commission, that would be nice.I did a fundraiser a few months ago, same type of situation, and hoped for leads, but didn't expect any sales. Was delighted to have a) $300 in sales, b) 2 shows booked, and c) a new recruit! You just never know, unless you go for it.

Thanks for the advice

Also be sure that that your name does not go on the web advertising. We can't advertise on a website without HO permission if it is a fundraiser and not at all for a regular booth. Rules are very strict on that. Check out your advertising policies on the PC website in the Policies and Procedures. They can put "Pampered Chef" just not your name or contact information. I got this from HO in December when I was doing a local vendor fair! Good Luck!

pcchefjane said:
Also be sure that that your name does not go on the web advertising. We can't advertise on a website without HO permission if it is a fundraiser and not at all for a regular booth. Rules are very strict on that. Check out your advertising policies on the PC website in the Policies and Procedures. They can put "Pampered Chef" just not your name or contact information. I got this from HO in December when I was doing a local vendor fair! Good Luck!

Although I do think if she asks for special permission she can advertise because it is a fundraiser. I have done RFL fundraisers in the past and have received permission from HO to advertise my website on their website for a limited amount of time.

1. Is it safe to use Pampered Chef products in the oven?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products are oven-safe up to a certain temperature. The specific temperature will be listed on the product's packaging or on our website.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products on induction stovetops?

Yes, most of our cookware is compatible with induction stovetops. Look for the induction symbol on the product's packaging or on our website to ensure compatibility.

3. Are Pampered Chef products dishwasher safe?

Most of our products are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the product's packaging or our website for specific care instructions. Some delicate items may need to be hand washed.

4. How do I know if a Pampered Chef product is BPA-free?

All Pampered Chef products are BPA-free. We do not use BPA in any of our materials or coatings.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products in stores?

No, Pampered Chef products are only available for purchase through independent consultants or through our website. We do not sell our products in retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies