• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Using Too Much Soap in Your Dishwasher Damage Your Stones?

just before the dishwasher starts dispensing).Soap in Dishwasher=Stones LeakingSoap not in Dishwasher=Stones Not LeakingThe dishwasher is a great way to clean your stones, but be careful not to over suds them. You should also clean your dishwasher with white vinegar every time you empty it.
jenniferlynne
Last night at my show, my cousin told me that she washes her stones in the dishwasher without soap! It's kind of a neat idea, but I really love my stones and am too afraid to risk it. Anyone ever heard of doing that?

Ive never thought of that...I had to read your post twice before I caught the "without soap". So she is just cleaning them with hot hot water and steam...I don't see why it would be a problem, just I'm wondering does it get them "too" clean...does it take away the seasoning? Why run the dishwasher when all we have to do is rinse them under hot water to start with! Thats one of the best things about a stone!

I know. She's a little lazy ;)

there are other posts on here about this. HO says NOT to do this EVER.. says that the drastic temperatures might damage the stone. and if it was ruined by doing this, they'd lose their warranty on it. it takes more effort to put them into the dishwasher then to run the hot water and a scraper over it.. and she's gambling with her stones.. which is something i'd never do with mine! for more information you might want to search through the posts to find the other threads on this.

Thank you for that info. I will let her know!

I do this with my stones, just not every time I wash them. About once every 6 months or so, I toss them in the dishwasher with no soap. I only run them through the rinse cycle, and on the lowest temperature. Once in a while, I will have a greasy icky schmutz on the bottoms of my stones, so I do this to get that off. None of my stones are under warranty, so I am not concerned with the warranty issue. It does not take the seasoning off. Some of my stones are almost black!!

I would never recommend my customers to do this, especially if they still have their warranties!

Last edited:
The test kitchens and the use and care card say to NEVER wash your stones in the dishwasher. It could cause thermal shock and then the next time you use them in the oven - crack! It also gets rid of that seasoning that we work so hard to get on our stones.

One other issue...Deterioration of the stone itself. With the power of the jets in the dishwasher, you wash away part of the stone. The jets in a normal dishwasher are strong enough to errode the stone. This would void the warranty. Also, it will oversoak the stone. If you use it before letting it air dry for 24 hours, you risk "water logged stoneware cracking". The water stays in the stone after you wash it. With the dishwasher, you are forcing even more water into the stone than you would by simply running it under the tap. You have to make sure the stone is dry when you place it in the oven or the water in the stone can over heat the stone and crack it.
Sorry, warranty or no warranty, the stuff is too expensive to keep replacing because you won't follow the instructions. Very stringent testing was done on those stones before the use & care was written so they know what they are talking about. Just like using a hairdryer in the running shower. You wouldn't ignore those "DO NOT DO THIS" instructions just because its easier to do your hair in the shower now would you?
Shocking, simply shocking!
No set of instructions with any of our products was written for the health of the test kitchen. It was for our customers so they get the most out of their products. However, you can't make them follow those instructions. So say it once, if a problem comes up after misuse, well, let them call the homeoffice to explain why it broke.

Stones in the Dishwasher NOI have a different reason not to put your stones in the dishwasher. I used to work in the repair dept. of an Appliance store.

Most people use too much soap in there Dishwasher's. Even if you don't put soap in it before the cycle there is still soap in the dishwasher. (The number 1 reason Dishwashers leak is over sudsing or too much soap). So your still getting the dreaded soap on your stones.

Side note: To prevent over sudsing in your dishwashers and Washing machines clean them with white viniger! In your emptied Dishwasher add 1cup when you hear the water come in to the tub and run it through a full cycle. (Many Dishwashers start with a drain cycle to remove the water keeping the seals moist) For your Washing machines add 1-2cups just as you would soap and run it thourgh an empty cycle. Do this 2-4 times a year to prevent build up.

I saved a lot of poeple a lot of money with these tips. ;)

Linda

1. What is "Is This a Crazy Thing to Do?!" about?

"Is This a Crazy Thing to Do?!" is a cookbook that features unique and creative recipes that may seem unconventional or "crazy" at first glance. It also includes tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products to make the recipes easier to prepare.

2. Are the recipes in "Is This a Crazy Thing to Do?!" difficult to make?

Not at all! The recipes in "Is This a Crazy Thing to Do?!" are designed to be easy and fun to make for cooks of all skill levels. Plus, the cookbook includes step-by-step instructions and helpful photos to guide you through each recipe.

3. Can I use regular kitchen tools for the recipes or do I need to buy Pampered Chef products?

While some recipes may call for specific Pampered Chef products, most can be made with regular kitchen tools. However, using Pampered Chef products can make the recipes easier and more efficient to prepare.

4. Are there any vegetarian or gluten-free options in "Is This a Crazy Thing to Do?!"?

Yes! "Is This a Crazy Thing to Do?!" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions and preferences. There are plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options for you to enjoy.

5. Can I purchase "Is This a Crazy Thing to Do?!" online?

Yes, you can purchase "Is This a Crazy Thing to Do?!" on the Pampered Chef website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also find it at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pchefterza
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
  • Vicks
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies