• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Unsubscribe from PC's Mass Mailings: A Critique of the Latest Marketing Strategy

In summary, PC is trying to motivate its followers with an email campaign, but I believe the timing is off and the message is not resonating with some of its followers.
RMDave
Gold Member
... to unSubscribe to one of PC's mass mailings. I despise I Did it! you can too. Who was the Rhodes Scholar who thought we all needed a rah-rah pep talk on booking future parties with the DCB?Timing is everything and this time, they missed the mark completely.Sorry AD Margaret Kennedy, California. It was a good try. Nice little note. I believe PC's to motivate the masses with the particular message, I believe, was a poor choice. If they want us to drink the Kool-Aid, they'll need a tastier flavor to convince me............................................................................................. End of Rant

Last edited:
RMDave said:
... to unSubscribe to one of PC's mass mailings.

I despise I Did it! you can too. Who was the Rhodes Scholar who thought we all needed a rah-rah pep talk on booking future parties with the DCB?

Timing is everything and this time, they missed the mark completely.

Sorry AD Margaret Kennedy, California. It was a good try. Nice little note. PC choosing this to motivate the masses I believe it was a poor choice. If they want us to drink the Kool-Aid, they'll need a tastier flavor to get me.

............................................................................................ End of Rant

Crap! You are supposed to read those!! :eek:

I read it. That's what pissed Me off!

Can't say I love most of those emails. But, every once in a while I glean a little nugget of knowledge. As far as I know you can't opt out. You can, however, use the handy dandy delete button.

raebates said:
You can, however, use the handy dandy delete button.

The next best thing to booking a show using the DCB as a host/hostess motivator! Thanks Rae.

Well - you know how I feel about this after our talk the other day - they seem to be late in getting messages across lately.

dannyzmom said:
Well - you know how I feel about this after our talk the other day - they seem to be late in getting messages across lately.

Ya think?

Love, kisses and a big ol' slap on the back!
D

I'm laughing, because I saw the first line (in gmail, it shows you the beginning of the first sentence), clicked the box, and hit delete! My apologies to Margaret, too - nothing personal (in fact so non-personal, I wouldn't even have known your name if Dave hadn't written it). I also do the same for my ED "Committed Consultants" e-mail - which only lists her 1st and 2nd line team members, of which I am not.

I was in the "I did it" a few wks ago. My team was so excited to see my name. I have to say it was exciting to get the call from HO.

Let's be honest here---HO called me and asked for a quote. I had nothing brilliant to say and somehow they got something useful out of my ramblings. While I'm sure there are those that do submit their own stories to HO for that campaign, I now know first hand they also contact consultants and ask for a quote.

So I'd say give Margaret a break. She probably didn't instigate this on her own. My guess is she has great host DCB sales and they called her and asked for a quote.

The great thing about e-mail and voicemail is that you can hit Delete before you get too far. My hot button are the automatic phone calls from Home Office - they just seem more impersonal yet intrusive than e-mail. So, instead of listening and getting annoyed, I hit the delete button on my answering machine.

I have to say I don't mind those emails... like most things I give it just a quick skim to see if there's anything useful, and then move on.
But this one confuzzled me, because it would have been inaccurate for a consultant to say (at Tuesday's party, so within this month for sure!) "In fact, it's so popular we can only offer it to hosts right now."
This is June - we can still offer it to guests, as many of the Cranberry ones as they like!! I sold 3 full-price at my Tuesday party. I did say that as of July, they will be for hosts only, so I can come and do a party for you... I also got 3 bookings (it was an awesome party all around!), but I'm not sure whether they were specific to the DCB (I didn't think of asking that question right then).

You could always set up a "rule" in your mail box that sends the emails with a particular subject line to your trash, so you won't even have to see them.

Personally, I have nothing against drinking the Kool-aid. I like PC< I like that they care enough about us to send us these kinds of emails to keep us motivated.

Noora. You yourself are one of the most motivated people here. I don't really believe that an email with a Post-It note is going to increase your level.Hugs and thanks for your response.

The phone calls irritate me more than the e-mails at the moment. I am starting to get annoyed when I do listen to the message and it just cuts off without any sort of closing. I am just sitting and listening trying to decide if it is over. I just let the machine pick up those calls now and delete them.

If annoyance is motivatiing then count me "motivated".

Be glad you only get one! I get multiple emails every time they send one. I always get 2...and sometimes get 3 at a time. I've called twice and asked if I could please just get "ONE" of each email. Nothing has changed.

RMDave said:
Noora. You yourself are one of the most motivated people here. I don't really believe that an email with a Post-It note is going to increase your level.

Hugs and thanks for your response.

I grew up in a place where pessimism seems to be the National Attitude. I have had to unlearn a lot of that attitude. I credit my mom for being smart enough to realize she doesn't have to be like her mom (whom I have trouble speaking to because every conversation is very negative and passive-aggressive). My uncle apparently doesn't want have any contact with me because I look too much like my mother.

I've learned over the years that I am the only one that can decide my reaction to anything. If something is negative, it's because that's how I'm choosing to view it. Because I know that, I can also decide to look at things as a positive. I try to look for the bright side and the silver lining. It's not always easy, and I sometimes feel like I'm putting on a facade, but if I do it long enough, it'll become true.

The emails may be annoying to some, but I choose to see them this way: If I get one good idea out of 10 of those emails, and it didn't cost me anything to get those emails, they're worth any possible annoyance they might create. And when my team grows, if those emails motivate my team to perform, then they're doing their job.

I've got enough stress in my life, I don't need to create more of it for myself by getting annoyed by a couple of emails.

NooraK said:
I grew up in a place where pessimism seems to be the National Attitude. I have had to unlearn a lot of that attitude. I credit my mom for being smart enough to realize she doesn't have to be like her mom (whom I have trouble speaking to because every conversation is very negative and passive-aggressive). My uncle apparently doesn't want have any contact with me because I look too much like my mother.

I've learned over the years that I am the only one that can decide my reaction to anything. If something is negative, it's because that's how I'm choosing to view it. Because I know that, I can also decide to look at things as a positive. I try to look for the bright side and the silver lining. It's not always easy, and I sometimes feel like I'm putting on a facade, but if I do it long enough, it'll become true.

The emails may be annoying to some, but I choose to see them this way: If I get one good idea out of 10 of those emails, and it didn't cost me anything to get those emails, they're worth any possible annoyance they might create. And when my team grows, if those emails motivate my team to perform, then they're doing their job.

I've got enough stress in my life, I don't need to create more of it for myself by getting annoyed by a couple of emails.

LIKE! (I kept looking for the like button, but it seems to be missing.:D)

I'd rather the emails than the phone calls....which I just got. Had to wait almost 20 seconds for it to even start, after I had dashed across the upstairs to find a phone. duh.

NooraK said:

I admire you for this post, Noora (along with your others :))! You give me something to strive for.....similar background. NEGATIVE seems to be the theme in my family & the town I grew up in. Kudos to you for such a great attitude & frame of mind!!! :thumbup:

You know folks, I don't really mind the emails. I guess I was just ultra-sensitive about the DCB. It had been discussed and debated and each of us had already decided how we're going to use them (or not) in our shows. As professionals, we each already had a plan on how to use the DCB. The email we received, in my humble opinion was overkill. If they want to write something straightforward and send it to us, perfect. I just cringed at the rah-rah, pom-pom's up in the air, feel I got from the I Did It you can too email.Noora is of course correct. She made her case with insight and caring. I wish I could always approach things that way. I tend to shout out loud, make acerbic comments, then get over it.I'm over it. Thanks to all who responded to my posting. Thanks to Noora. Thanks to Carolyn. Special thanks to Keith who politely kicked my tush!D

Last edited:
I can understand you thinking it was overkill. But, you also have to remember that most consultants aren't even on CS, where the issue was discussed in great detail. For a lot of consultants, they probably needed that email.

All I can say Keith is "Sheesh!"

Dave, I understand your reaction. Remember, though, that while we've been talking the whole DCB thing to death here, vast legions of PC consultants had only read the initial email. It's easy to forget that not every PCer knows about or takes advantage of the amazing support here.

RMDave said:
You know folks, I don't really mind the emails. I guess I was just ultra-sensitive about the DCB.

That was the impression I got when I read the OP, and to which I responded. I do usually read the e-mails (though, not very fond of the title change), but was not interested in this particular one.

Keith and Rae are right, of course. I know several consultants who don't get on CS, no matter how many times I suggest it!

I wouldn't mind the phone calls except a) canned congratulations or encouragement does nothing for me, and b) one quirk of having Comcast VOIP is that you can't delete a vm until it's completed. No other phone service I've ever used before had this problem. If there is a 5 minute message, you have to listen to the WHOLE THING before you can hit 7 and get rid of it. Now THAT'S annoying.:grumpy:

pampchefsarah said:
one quirk of having Comcast VOIP is that you can't delete a vm until it's completed. No other phone service I've ever used before had this problem. If there is a 5 minute message, you have to listen to the WHOLE THING before you can hit 7 and get rid of it. Now THAT'S annoying.:grumpy:

I think you can sign on to the online service and delete it from there even if it's not listened to.

What is the purpose of "Unsubscribe from PC's Mass Mailings"?

The purpose of "Unsubscribe from PC's Mass Mailings" is to give customers the option to opt out of receiving mass marketing emails from Pampered Chef. This allows customers to control the amount of promotional emails they receive from the company.

How do I unsubscribe from PC's mass mailings?

To unsubscribe from PC's mass mailings, simply click on the "Unsubscribe" link provided in the email. This will take you to a page where you can confirm your decision to unsubscribe.

Will unsubscribing affect my membership with Pampered Chef?

No, unsubscribing from mass mailings will not affect your membership with Pampered Chef. You will still be able to make purchases, attend events, and access your account as usual.

How long will it take for the unsubscribe to take effect?

Once you have clicked on the "Unsubscribe" link and confirmed your decision, it may take up to 10 business days for the unsubscribe to take effect. During this time, you may still receive some marketing emails from Pampered Chef.

Can I re-subscribe to PC's mass mailings in the future?

Yes, if you change your mind and would like to start receiving mass mailings from Pampered Chef again, you can easily re-subscribe by clicking on the "Subscribe" link in any marketing email from the company.

Back