• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leaving Luggage at McCormick Place: Monday Morning Info

In summary, there is an area at the McCormick Place where we can leave our luggage if we come straight from the airport on Monday morning.
Jennifer E
Is there a place at the McCormick Place where we can leave our luggage if we come straight from the airport on Monday morning?

Re: LuggageThey do have a space for luggage at the end of Conference. If no one knows on here, call HO and they should have the answer for you!

Re: Luggageyes, you can go to the bellhop when you get there and they will check your bag until you are ready to check in. We have done it many times.

Re: LuggageI think she means the conference center not the hotel, as there wouldn't be a bellhop at the center. I seem to remember being able to do so, but I would call H.O. and not take my word for it. Let us know though too as I may be coming straight there as well.

Re: LuggageSince Monday is basically a "free day" unless you are a director and above, why not just go the hotel and have it kept there. They will tag it and hold it until you can get back and check in later in the day. The shuttles should be running from the conference hotels I think. Are you staying at a conference hotel? I am arriving at 10am on MOnday and going right to the hotel. From there I will go to McCormick and sign in and do the activities for the day. Last year we flew in early Thursday morning - the 1st day of our wave - and went right to McCormick and they had a roped off section for luggage. I found everything was very well secured.

Re: LuggageI would go to the hotel from the airport, check your luggage, and then grab a shuttle over to the Conference Center. There will be shuttles running all day long, since registration, Merrill, and other things are open first thing in the morning.

Re: LuggageLast year was my first year at NC, but I do remember the roped off section, as well. Of course, they may change things this year, since there aren't separate Waves, and it would be hard to keep charge of THOUSANDS of pieces of luggage.

Re: LuggageOk, I called HO and there will be an area for luggage, but they "will not be responsible for it". It actually looks like we will have time to stop in at the hotel first and then head over to McCormick, so it will work out fine.

What are the available options for leaving luggage at McCormick Place on Monday morning?

There are two options for leaving luggage at McCormick Place on Monday morning:

1. Coat check: You can leave your luggage at the coat check located at the North and South entrances of the convention center. The cost is $3 per item, and they accept cash and credit cards.
  2. Bag check: You can also use the bag check service located at the Grand Concourse, Level 2. The cost is $5 per item, and they accept cash and credit cards.

Do I need to make a reservation for leaving my luggage at McCormick Place?

No, reservations are not required for either the coat check or bag check services at McCormick Place. You can simply drop off your luggage during their operating hours.

What are the operating hours for the coat check and bag check services at McCormick Place?

The coat check is open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, while the bag check is open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.

Are there any restrictions on the size or type of luggage that can be left at McCormick Place?

Yes, there are restrictions on the size and type of luggage that can be left at the coat check and bag check services. Both services only accept items that are no larger than 24" x 16" x 10" and weigh no more than 50 pounds. They also do not accept items that are fragile, perishable, or valuable.

What should I do if I need to retrieve my luggage outside of the operating hours?

If you need to retrieve your luggage outside of the operating hours, you can contact the McCormick Place Security Office at (312) 791-6060 for assistance. Please note that there may be a delay in retrieving your luggage during off-hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views