• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Invest in the Website Now or Wait for the Free Trial?

In summary, the website is worth getting now rather than waiting til you qualify for your 3 months free. It's a nice option for the host, their guests, and you. You can get business cards and a stamp made and have them ready to go. If you are lining up your first shows, it does help to be able to send e-invitations to people and also to collect outside orders. It'll make it easier on the host to refer their friends to your site to place their orders. However, so many people are old-school and still like to flip through catalogs and communicate w/ the host and pay by checks. So it's not like everyone will be using your website.
pc_jessica
Okay so I am just starting out in my PC adventure. I really want to make it work and have it a be a successful job for me. So my question is, is the website really worth getting now rather than waiting til I qualify for my 3 months free? I know if I do purchase it now then I would get 3 months added on later. I am just wondering if I should purchase it now so that I can tell people about it at my first cooking show later this month. Any and all suggestions would be great!!!

Having the website from the get-go is nice, but it won't kill your business if you don't have it. The good things about getting it now are that you can go ahead and get business cards and a stamp made and have them ready to go. If you are lining up your first shows, it does help to be able to send e-invitations to people and also to collect outside orders. If you have family and friends who live far away and they are doing catalog shows, the website will be a great tool to use. It'll make it easier on the host to refer their friends to your site to place their orders. However, so many people are old-school and still like to flip through catalogs and communicate w/ the host and pay by checks. So it's not like everyone will be using your website. I guess it also depends on the group of people. If they communicate a lot through e-mail and are comfortable w/ on-line stuff, then this will be a nice service to offer them.

thanks for your input...i am still unsure what to do...i don't know if i want to spend the 96 dollars now or wait...i have to think more

pc_jessica said:
thanks for your input...i am still unsure what to do...i don't know if i want to spend the 96 dollars now or wait...i have to think more

Don't get the full year subscription then. I just got the 6 months - I know it's less per month to do the full year but in the beginning I didn't have the money to invest in an entire year no matter how much the savings.

I personally think it's good to have and each of my shows I've had since I got mine up and running have had at least 1 outside order placed through the website. And they've been GOOD orders, at least relative to my at-show orders.

But like babywings said, it won't kill your business not to get it yet, it's just a nice option for you, your hosts, and their guests.

And in regards to the business cards, you can get the printable ones for the first few months, and use lables instead of a stamp until you get your website. That way you're not spending money to replace those tools when you DO get the website.

My website has more than paid for itself. I promote the outlet at my shows and 99% of my website orders are from the outlet. My director just gave me an awesome tip last night.... don't pass out recipes at your show, post them on your website! I haven't done it yet but will for my next show.

Here is what I think (coming from someone who's had her website almost since they first became available).

The sooner you get your website, the sooner you will be able to get your name out there in front of people in even more ways.
When I first had my website, I didn't get much action on it. Sometimes I wondered if it was worth the $$ I was paying. But I kept on plugging away, and putting my website out there every time I could, and I started seeing the result. More orders for shows were done through the website, and then PC started the Outlet!

So far for July, I have $145 in Outlet and Individual orders, and another $350 in orders for shows. Most of the individual orders are from people I've never heard of, or people who've been on my contact list, but have never made a purchase at a show - just people I've met at a Vendor Fair or someplace like that.

So - if you are really wanting to get your info out there to people, and you are committed to letting EVERYONE know about your website, and send out an email newsletter directing people to your website, then I would get it right away! IF you are wanting to focus on other aspects of your business, and you aren't going to do much more than just change a news page occasionally - then you can probably wait.:D

Personally, I got my website right away and I am so glad I did! One of my first shows had over $200+ in outside orders through my website before her show!!! Maybe I would have still gotten those if I didn't have the website, but most of the orders were from her fellow co-workers who were nurses and they don't often cross paths due to different shifts, so I think the convenience of the website is SO worth it!

Oh it's definitely worth it. There's many pluses. Just also remember that the outlet won't be available to you for on-line orders until you qualify. Noora's right about just getting by with other things (labels, printed out business cards (or free ones from Vista). I wish I had known about those things right off the bat. Instead, I went to Staples (also didn't know about our discount at Office Max :rolleyes:) and bought a stamp that today I hardly ever use. If I had only waited till I had a website! Side note: Now my other regret was setting up my website and not picking a better name. There were too many Amanda's in the system and no one will know how to spell my last name...so I didn't know what to put. So I put the year which I started. Now I regret that. If only I had thought that through better. My director's is cool, it's just /eat How easy is that for people to remember?!!

I'm with Becky. I recommend getting it from the very beginning so customers are aware of it. The orders don't come right away, but they eventually do come.My email address and website name match--you want to make it easy for your guests to find you.

I live in the geographical center of nowhere, where it is still approximately 1987. Very few of the people I meet on a daily basis regularly use the internet. Still, my website pays for itself. Plus, it allows me to present myself as a professional to those for whom that is important.

thanks for all your thoughts! i think you have talked me into getting it...guess i better go sign up!

What are the benefits of using the Pampered Chef website?

The Pampered Chef website offers a variety of benefits, including the convenience of shopping from home, access to exclusive products and recipes, and the ability to earn rewards and discounts through our loyalty program. Our website also provides helpful tips and resources for using our products, as well as the option to host online cooking parties.

Do I need to create an account to make a purchase on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, creating an account is required to make a purchase on our website. This allows us to securely store your information and make future purchases easier. You can also track orders, view past purchases, and save items to your wishlist with an account.

Is the Pampered Chef website safe and secure?

Yes, the security of our customers' personal information is a top priority for us. Our website uses industry-standard encryption to protect your data and we regularly update our security measures to ensure your information is safe.

Are there any additional fees when ordering from the Pampered Chef website?

No, there are no additional fees when ordering from our website. The only cost you will incur is the price of the products and standard shipping fees.

Can I return or exchange products purchased from the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee policy that allows you to return or exchange products within 30 days of purchase. Simply contact our customer service team for assistance with returns or exchanges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Mindascookin