• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Salad Spinner the Ultimate Tool for Keeping Berries Fresh?

In summary, the conversation discussed the decision between purchasing a 12" skillet or a salad spinner. The majority agreed that the skillet is a more useful and practical choice, especially during cooking shows. However, one member highly recommended the salad spinner for its versatility in washing and drying a variety of food items. They also shared a tip from Cook's Illustrated for using vinegar to clean and extend the lifespan of berries in the salad spinner. Overall, it seemed like a personal preference between the two products.
Kimberlymmj
I jus wanted to know before I buy it. And the skillet (12 inch nonstick). Just curious,

I would get the 12" skillet over the salad spinner.

Kids like the salad spinner, but I've never sold one. Of course, I only bring it to fairs, so that may be why.

wadesgirl said:
I would get the 12" skillet over the salad spinner.

I agree! The skillet is very useful when doing the Beef Power Cooking shows...you can brown over 5lbs of beef at one time in it! It is one of my new favorites! :)
Jen

You need to go onto CC and listen to the "master Seller' from the downloads!!!!!!!
She will tell you all kinds of great things to do and say about the spinner. I have sold 16 since the first of the year, and all of them were to hosts. In other words they booked a show so they could get it at a discount!!!!!!!

I would buy the 12" Skillet over the Salad Spinner. I find the spinner a bit unwieldy to bring to shows.

Buy the Skillet over the Spinner.

I have the Spinner, but rarely use it. But, I use the 12" Skillet all the time (and there is only 2 of us).

I love them both!

That's a hard choice - I love love LOVE my salad spinner! I spin everything from my berries, veggies and salads, to ground beef and turkey! :DThis alone makes my salad spinner valuable to me and many others.
1. Wash berries in bowl with 3 cups water mixed with 1 cup
white vinegar. Drain in colander & rinse under running water.
2. Place berries in salad spinner lined with 3 layers of paper towels. Spin for 15 seconds or until berries are completely dry.
3. Store berries in paper towel-lined sealable container, keeping lid slightly open to allow excess moisture to escape. According to Cook's Illustrated, cleaning with the vinegar solution and careful drying destroys bacteria and mold spores, extending the life of the berries.

Love both, use the skillet more in my personal kitchen but sell the spinner when I use it at shows.

jcsmilez said:
That's a hard choice - I love love LOVE my salad spinner! I spin everything from my berries, veggies and salads, to ground beef and turkey! :D

This alone makes my salad spinner valuable to me and many others.
1. Wash berries in bowl with 3 cups water mixed with 1 cup
white vinegar. Drain in colander & rinse under running water.
2. Place berries in salad spinner lined with 3 layers of paper towels. Spin for 15 seconds or until berries are completely dry.
3. Store berries in paper towel-lined sealable container, keeping lid slightly open to allow excess moisture to escape.

According to Cook's Illustrated, cleaning with the vinegar solution and careful drying destroys bacteria and mold spores, extending the life of the berries.

No Vinegar taste?

1. Is the Salad Spinner easy to use?

Yes, the Salad Spinner is designed with a simple mechanism that makes it easy to use. Simply place your salad greens inside, close the lid, and turn the handle to spin and dry your greens.

2. Can the Salad Spinner accommodate large salad portions?

Yes, the Salad Spinner has a large capacity and can easily fit enough salad greens for a family-sized salad. It also comes with a non-slip base to provide stability while spinning.

3. Is the Salad Spinner dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad Spinner is top-rack dishwasher safe. This makes cleaning up after use a breeze and allows for easy maintenance.

4. Does the Salad Spinner come with any additional attachments?

Yes, the Salad Spinner comes with a handy lid that can also be used as a serving bowl. This eliminates the need for transferring your salad to a separate bowl and makes for easy storage.

5. Can the Salad Spinner be used for other items besides salad greens?

While the Salad Spinner is primarily designed for drying salad greens, it can also be used to dry other items such as berries, herbs, and even deli meats. Just make sure to clean the spinner thoroughly before switching between different types of foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Tanya423