1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Is the salad spinner a big hit

1. Kimberlymmj

Kimberlymmj Member

I jus wanted to know before I buy it. And the skillet (12 inch nonstick). Just curious,

Apr 20, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I would get the 12" skillet over the salad spinner.

Apr 20, 2009
  3. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Kids like the salad spinner, but I've never sold one. Of course, I only bring it to fairs, so that may be why.

Apr 20, 2009
  4. jross93

jross93 Member

I agree! The skillet is very useful when doing the Beef Power Cooking shows...you can brown over 5lbs of beef at one time in it! It is one of my new favorites! :)
    Jen

Apr 20, 2009
  5. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

You need to go onto CC and listen to the "master Seller' from the downloads!!!!!!!
    She will tell you all kinds of great things to do and say about the spinner. I have sold 16 since the first of the year, and all of them were to hosts. In other words they booked a show so they could get it at a discount!!!!!!!

Apr 20, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I would buy the 12" Skillet over the Salad Spinner. I find the spinner a bit unwieldy to bring to shows.

Apr 20, 2009
  7. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Buy the Skillet over the Spinner.

I have the Spinner, but rarely use it. But, I use the 12" Skillet all the time (and there is only 2 of us).

Apr 20, 2009
  8. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I love them both!

Apr 20, 2009
  9. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

That's a hard choice - I love love LOVE my salad spinner! I spin everything from my berries, veggies and salads, to ground beef and turkey! :D

This alone makes my salad spinner valuable to me and many others.
    1. Wash berries in bowl with 3 cups water mixed with 1 cup
    white vinegar. Drain in colander & rinse under running water.
    2. Place berries in salad spinner lined with 3 layers of paper towels. Spin for 15 seconds or until berries are completely dry.
    3. Store berries in paper towel-lined sealable container, keeping lid slightly open to allow excess moisture to escape.

According to Cook's Illustrated, cleaning with the vinegar solution and careful drying destroys bacteria and mold spores, extending the life of the berries.

Apr 20, 2009
  10. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

Love both, use the skillet more in my personal kitchen but sell the spinner when I use it at shows.

Apr 20, 2009
  11. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

No Vinegar taste?

Have something to add?