• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Haven't I Signed Any Recruits Yet?

In summary, Julie feels that it takes time for recruits to come and she reminds her guests at the beginning of her shows that they can mark the "yes" or "maybe" box on the drawing slip if they have any questions for her about becoming a consultant. Julie enjoys sharing her experiences and tips with her guests and recommends starting out by offering a door prize if the director doesn't hand out prizes. She believes that once you change your focus from recruiting to really selling the benefits of being a consultant, it will become more natural.
pcjulie
:rolleyes: I have been a consultant for almost a year now and have not signed any recruits, and the thing is I'm not really that upset about it. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn anyone away and I have had some leads that I've followed up on, but I feel like it's one thing I should really start to work on. I do tell my story at the beginning of every show, I mention something I got in my starter kit sometime throughout the show, and I remind them to mark the "yes" or "maybe" box on the drawing slip if they have questions for me about being a consultant. I like to put the opportunity out there but don't like to sound pushy. I've listened to the CD's they have sent to us and the language they use is definately NOT ME! I guess I figure I went to at least 10 Shows myself over 8 years time before I finally decided it was something I wanted to do. Does anyone else out there feel the same way? Also, can anyone tell me the benefits that come with having recruits (other than advancing from Consultant to Future Director and so on). Thanks!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

It takes time.Julie:

Don't be discouraged about not having any recruits under you. Sure you'd love to make more commission and begin to advance further with your business. However, the most important thing to remember is that you sell Pampered Chef for fun...and because you believe in the products. That's the selling point that's the most important. A recruit will come with time. Wouldn't you rather have one that will stay active instead of signing on 15 who did it for the Super Starter Kit, then went inactive?

Julie, Julie R. is right!Julie,

That's right! You want to be comfortable with your buisness and truely heartfelt when offering the opportunity. You are doing just fine. I am going thru the same thing with recruits, but I am also feeling more comfortable with my buisness to truely say "Come join my team!" I have one inactive recruit that I signed in June and one potential who can't wait to get started in Nov. Plus, three that are supportive of me and want to at least check out our meetings we hold once a month.

Try starting out with, " I love what I do and you could too. Come to my monthly cluster meeting on this day and see for yourself all the different and wonderful people who sell PC. I no means do I am I pressuring you, just inviting you :) It will be a fun time." Offer a door prize if your director doesn't hand out prizes for bringing guests.

I think it's totally fine that you haven't wanted to build a team of your own. I never got into this thinking I'd ever want to become a director. I just wanted to get out of the house a couple times a month. Once I saw how much this business can offer ANYONE and how much I was gaining from it, I started to share the opportunity more. Since you're thinking of wanting to focus on this more, it WILL become more natural to share things about it. I don't want to sound pushy either so I always tell people I'm not a Pampered Stalker, but I have found how much this job has given me and I truly like to share it with other people. I just like to offer information and people can review it and do what they want with the information.

I feel that once you change your "attitude" or focus about recruiting, it will really start to happen. One thing I've learned is that I ask ALL my hosts even if I feel I don't think it would be something they'd want. Don't prejudge because yo'ud be surprised how many people might be the least bit curious and once they learn more, they see how it might fit into their lives. Not that recruiting has to become your sole focus, but when you put it more in the forefront of your mind, it'll become more natural to talk about being a consultant and offering people the opportunity to consider it for themselves. You feel much more comfortable doing it this way because your true enthusiasm for the job will show through. Remember, enthusiasm is contagious!! Keep the reasons why YOU love being a consultant in your head and realize that others could gain something from it for just the same reasons.....or some totally different reasons!! We all are in it for different reasons.

Good luck to you!!! Sorry this is so long, but I was in totally the same boat as you and I know that changing my point of view on recruiting was what really made things start to change for me. I wish you the best! :D

Time it does take!We so often set goals for ourself and then we depend on ourselves for those goals. With recruiting, it depends on someone else!

The most important change that happened in my recruiting this past year was that I realized that I was wanting to recruit so badly that I was running people off. I now approach it as "why wouldn't you want to join my cluster!" Take the U out of RECRUITING. It is not about what you will get...it is all about why they would want to join you. Share your wonderful personal stories on what PC has meant to you and your family.

My story goes something like this: "Hello! My name is Marlene Bauman and I am a Director with the Pampered Chef! What this means is that I have the priveledge of helping and training others to do what I do! I know most of you did not come looking for a job tonight, but maybe you could use some extra $ for the holidays, maybe you want to travel, maybe you want to retire from your current job, maybe you need to spice up your life, maybe you want to get away from your family for some sanity time or maybe you want to stay at home with your children like I do. I started my PC business so I could stay at home with my 3 month old daughter Julia. (show pics) I figured what did I have to lose, if I didn't go back to work, we would be eating the CHEAP macaroni and cheese for dinner! Now, if you would have told me 5 years ago that I would be standing here with you today, I would have told you that you were crazy! But here I am and I have since had another baby and have been able to stay at home with my son Peyton! (show pics)

Now, I have to be honest with you, I started the PC to be a stay-at-home mom! Now I do the PC to get away from the 3 year old in this picture! I love my children, but for those moms out there, you know what a 3 year old can be like! One of the best things about my job is that at 6 pm when Julia is running screaming from one end of the house to the next and Peyton is crying because his sister is yelling....I GET TO LEAVE... and when I return about 9 or 10 pm...the kids are ASLEEP!

The Pampered Chef also took us to Disney World this year and will be taking my husband and I to Vienna in 2006! The love in my daughter's eyes for those Disney Characters has made all of my work worth it so far! Now I get to see that look in my new consultants eyes when they earn that first $500, $1000 check or when they get all of those free products! So, if you have ever thought about doing what I do or are thinking about it now, I invite you to join our team! I would love to help you reach your goals! So, who is going to join me on the next Pampered Chef trip?

Well said! Now when do you say it in your show? And do you ask them again when placing their order?

I find I forget to actually talk to my guests again as I did today at my show.

Rebecca,

If you are asking me when I tell my story, it is usually after the guests do their introductions. But sometimes I forget, so I have told my story at the beginning, middle and end of the show. I think beginning or middle work better.

When my guests come up to order, I ask each person 3 questions...Have you ever thought about doing what I do? (or some other variation..) How about earning some of these products you want for free by hosting a fun Kitchen show? I am doing wonderful holiday parties now...people love to come see your home decorated for the holidays! Would you like a free recipe card?

I always end with the offer for the recipe...this way even if they have told me no on the previous two questions we leave the conversation with a positive!

Nothing is wrong with youJulie, nothing is wrong with not being disappointed in having a team. One of the best things about a team is though, how you feel in the heart. Of course, we make overrides and have added perks, like free 2nd sets of products, the Director Special event at National Conference, a Christmas present and the list goes on and on but helping others achieve thier dreams is something you can't put a price on. Just think about how PC has changed your life and imagine helping others the same way. I know personally that I have people who wouldn't be able to pay thier house notes, or ever go on vacation without PC and it makes me feel good knowing I helped them become successful.

If you are interested in beginning more serious recruiting, talk to your upline Director, she can help you make changes. Listen to what the CD's say and find a way to make it sound like you. I have personally signed 5 new consultnants this month already, so it doesn't have to take long to become a director, you just have to want it.

Melody

1. What are the signs that something may be wrong with me?

Signs that something may be wrong with you can vary greatly depending on the individual and the specific issue at hand. However, some common signs to look out for include changes in mood or behavior, physical symptoms such as pain or fatigue, and difficulty performing daily tasks or activities.

2. Should I be worried if I feel like something is wrong with me?

It's always important to pay attention to your body and any changes you may be experiencing. If you have concerns about your health, it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

3. Can stress or anxiety make me feel like something is wrong with me?

Yes, stress and anxiety can manifest in physical symptoms such as headaches, stomach aches, and muscle tension. It's always a good idea to manage your stress levels and seek support if you are experiencing chronic stress or anxiety.

4. How do I know if my symptoms are serious or just normal aches and pains?

If you are unsure about the severity of your symptoms, it's always best to consult with a healthcare professional. They can help assess your symptoms and determine if further evaluation or treatment is necessary.

5. What should I do if I feel like something is wrong with me but I'm afraid to seek help?

It's understandable to feel scared or anxious about seeking help, but it's important to prioritize your health and well-being. Consider reaching out to a trusted friend or family member for support, and remember that healthcare professionals are trained to provide non-judgmental and confidential care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • slhalepc