• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Joining Yahoo Groups Safe? Ask Your Questions Here

In summary, joining Yahoo Groups is generally considered safe with strong security measures in place. Anyone with a Yahoo account can join, but some groups may have specific requirements. There are no costs associated with joining, but some groups may require fees for certain activities. You can leave a group at any time, but must be at least 13 years old to join in compliance with COPPA.
pchefjaime
Gold Member
I was just wondering I got a link from here for the groups on yahoo do any of you belong? Also some ask for you consultant # to be approved is that safe and ok to do I was to scared to do it so I did not. Thanks:confused:

Since I started posting here, I've cancelled all my Yahoo group subscriptions, but I used to belong to Kathy's PC Loop, Let's Make a Deal, and PTPampered Chef (for consultants who do PC part time with a full time job).

It's safe to send them your consultant number. They just use it to verify that you are a consultant. Same with any questions they ask about policies.

chefann said:
Since I started posting here, I've cancelled all my Yahoo group subscriptions, but I used to belong to Kathy's PC Loop, Let's Make a Deal, and PTPampered Chef (for consultants who do PC part time with a full time job).

It's safe to send them your consultant number. They just use it to verify that you are a consultant. Same with any questions they ask about policies.

PTPampered Chef...do you access that from CC?

No, it's a Yahoo group. I don't remember the link to their page, but you could search for it on Yahoo. All of the Yahoo Groups are email newsgroups. One of my clustermates still belongs to Kathy's PC Loop, and she says that traffic has been down the last several months - must be everybody comin' here to share and ask questions. ;)

I'll have to check that out tonight...thanks

1. Is joining Yahoo Groups safe?

Yes, joining Yahoo Groups is generally considered safe. The platform has strong security measures in place to protect user information and prevent cyber attacks. However, as with any online community, there is always a risk of encountering malicious individuals or scams. It is important to use caution when interacting with unknown members and to never share personal information.

2. Can anyone join a Yahoo Group?

Yes, anyone with a Yahoo account can join a Yahoo Group. However, some groups may have specific requirements or approval processes for new members. Make sure to carefully read the group's rules and guidelines before joining.

3. Are there any costs associated with joining Yahoo Groups?

No, joining and participating in Yahoo Groups is free of charge. However, some groups may require a membership fee or donations for certain activities or events.

4. Can I leave a Yahoo Group at any time?

Yes, you can leave a Yahoo Group at any time by clicking on the "Leave Group" button on the group's homepage. Keep in mind that once you leave a group, you will no longer have access to its content or discussions.

5. Are there any age restrictions for joining Yahoo Groups?

Yes, users must be at least 13 years old to join a Yahoo Group. This is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) which aims to protect the privacy of children under 13 years old on the internet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies