• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating My First Personal Website: Advice Welcome!

one for my son's graduation party and one for my husbands birthday. I haven't gotten any sales from it, but I do have customers looking at it.I think it is worth it just so you can look professional and have a place to go to show off your products.
Pampered Amber
I dont have a personal website and have been thinking of getting one...especially with new outlet products only available online and not at shows. What does everybody think of theirs? I am not that familiar with what you can and cant do with one.

I think it is worth it just so you can sound professional. "Check out my website and see what you like and call me back". Plus, for $72 a year, that is a steal! Try pricing personal domains and programmers and you'll see what I mean.

Pampered Amber said:
I dont have a personal website and have been thinking of getting one...especially with new outlet products only available online and not at shows. What does everybody think of theirs? I am not that familiar with what you can and cant do with one.

I was starting to feel the same way & then I got a wedding registry...right now she is at 705.00. ( my comm is about 185.00:D ) Also I have someone having a party in Nov. we put her info on it & she is emailing eveyone that if they cant come go to the Website. Even if I dont get anything out of it, I'll have my info out there to even more people!;)

I find that with my website my friends and family that don't live close to me can view the catalog at any time and tell me what they would like to order or they order right through my site... It's well worth the money.

I've gotten over 8 orders on 4 shows now in about 4 weeks. For me I think the commissions I've gotten from those shows has paid for the 6 months I paid for.

I have had mine for almost 2 years now and have not gotten any sales from it but I do have customers looking at it all the time. I had thought about not renewing but with the outlet thing I will probably keep it for another year.

Yes it is worth it.

I am all for it. I participated in our Farmer's Market and handed out several catalogs. Before I knew it, people I did not know were ordering regularly from my site. I am doing a school fundraiser and encouraging people to use my site for that also. I have also had 2 wedding registries.
Make sure your site is on everything you hand out including your receipts.

I didn't get any orders from my site for a long time-I think maybe over a year. Then all of a sudden, the past couple of months, I've gotten wedding registries, ind. orders, orders for shows & a handful of people wanting to set a date for a show because they saw my available dates online. So I'm definitely keeping mine! Like someone above said, it makes you look professional.

You have NOTHING TO LOSE....and everything to GAIN with this website.....I have my own Real Estate website, which was WAY more expensive than 72.00 a year.....

This is an asset to your business, AND a write off as well......

When you book shows, you can gather emails from the hostess or she can do it herself and you can see who has replied, you can send reminders for your hosts.....you can receive online orders......AND THE DISCOUNT OUTLET now....

In the past 5 months, I have received 40 orders for parties of folks that COULDN'T attend....it is quick and easy to maintain and a MUST HAVE....

So get online and GET GOING....you have NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain....AND once you get yours, be SURE to put it on EVERYTHING....business cards, your labels.....your email signatures....EVERYTHING......market the HECK out of it......

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Add me to the "It's Great" contingent.It does make you appear more professional, especially if you are in an urban or professional area. (I'm out in the boonies, where few people have online access, but it has still been worthwhile.)Commissions from my online orders have definitely paid for my website. Think about it--it's only $6 a month! Sell a $30 online and you've paid for a month's service. One of my hosts held a catalog show. Her orders were mostly online, and she had an $800+ show.I know other people who have websites through their companies. Some cost as much as 10 times what ours does. Even my husband, who really doesn't like computers all that much, says the website is worth the money.Go for it!

I love my website and find that it really comes in handy for the hosts that have recently moved and have family in other states. It really opens up the possibilities!

You can always do like I did. Do the six month $42 option and see how it works.

For me, I have only had 2 shows that had no online orders. Every other one has had at least 1 or 2. One catalog show for Oct has had TEN already online...that's $500 in sales!!

I say give it a try. BUT that being said, you have to promote it with your hosts, in your newsletter, etc. or you won't get traffic.

Even though I haven't had a ton of business from my website, I think it's worth it too. I got a couple of individual orders around Christmastime last year(one was $400, which paid for my subscription fee!!), some outside orders on a show and a couple from a fundraiser. Oh and recently, I got my first wedding registry from someone I met at a Bridal Expo.

I do put my website on EVERYTHING. I stamp it on every piece of mail I send out, it's in my email signature, it's even on my car. YOu never know who is going to see it and check it out!

Well, I guess that overall census is that it's worth it so I guess I will be setting one up in the next couple of days. Thanks for all your comments:)

What do I need to consider before creating my first personal website?

Before creating your first personal website, it's important to consider your goals and purpose for the website, your target audience, and your budget. You should also think about the design and layout of your website, as well as the content you will include.

How can I make my personal website stand out?

To make your personal website stand out, you can use unique and visually appealing design elements, such as colors, fonts, and images. You can also make sure your content is engaging and informative, and use search engine optimization techniques to increase your website's visibility.

What platform should I use to create my personal website?

There are many different platforms available for creating a personal website, such as WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, and Weebly. It's important to research and compare the features and prices of each platform to determine which one best suits your needs.

Do I need to know how to code to create a personal website?

No, you do not need to know how to code to create a personal website. Many website building platforms offer drag-and-drop features and templates that make it easy to create a website without coding. However, some coding knowledge can be helpful for customizing your website or adding more advanced features.

How can I promote my personal website?

To promote your personal website, you can share it on your social media accounts, include the link in your email signature, and ask friends and family to share it with their networks. You can also use search engine optimization techniques and consider paid advertising options to increase your website's visibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• marocmama
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Mindy50135
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melleemak