• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Silly to Want to Be One Pampered Chef Rep at Bazaar?

In summary, this woman was rude to you and spread untrue information about you. You should not allow her a booth at the event.
KayPT
When I submitted to a local bazaar, in a small town, I said that if there was already a PC rep I didn't want the table. I was first, so they let me take the booth and told the next one that they cannot since I want to be the only one. She has made public remarks about me and I am not sure how to handle it. I just thought it silly for us to have 2 of the same booths at a small event. I even e-mailed her and offered to take turns, etc., but she has been very rude back. Am I in the wrong? Should I allow her a booth at the event? I did this for fun, but this is driving me bonkers.

Thanks,
Kay

No, I don't think it is unreasonable to want to be the only one.

And no, I wouldn't share the booth with her.

You applied to have the booth first, then it's your booth. Most HUGE events such as home shows only have one PC booth (though many times cheffers share the booth, it's still only one booth). Keep your head up, and if anyone approaches you about the subject just let them know that you had no idea anyone else would apply and you offered to share it with her.

Don't worry about it! Rise above her immature actions of being rude and spreading tales about you.

She's in the wrong. It sounds like you've gone out of your way to accommodate her. I never do an event where I'm not the only PC consultant. Never. And, first-come, first-served is standard operating procedure. As far as her badmouthing you, don't worry about it. First of all, people are turned off by people who badmouth others, so it's likely that she won't be in this business long. Second, as people interact with you they'll know that what she's saying isn't true. As we often say here, bless and release.

I agree, bless & release girl! ;) You went above & beyond by offering to take turns. There really is no point in both of you having a booth & competing against one another, it would mean that you would make 1/2 as many contacts, bookings & sales. She will end up ruining her own reputation by complaining about you and/or other consultants or direct sales companies.

raebates said:
She's in the wrong. It sounds like you've gone out of your way to accommodate her. I never do an event where I'm not the only PC consultant. Never. And, first-come, first-served is standard operating procedure.

As far as her badmouthing you, don't worry about it. First of all, people are turned off by people who badmouth others, so it's likely that she won't be in this business long. Second, as people interact with you they'll know that what she's saying isn't true.

As we often say here, bless and release.

This is what I was going to say....only Rae said it first. :D I totally agree.

I don't think that you are wrong at all. I would not want another PC booth at an event that I was doing. And I don't understand why she would want more than one there. And if she is badmouthing you around then I think she needs to grow up.

There was a consultant here in this area that did the same thing to me and her director/recruiter. I took part of the time from booths with her in 2008 but would not work at the same time with her. I had friends who knew I was doing the booth come asking for me and she was very rude and critical to them. They of course told me. I am still in business and she has lost hers. Just goes to show that people who badmouth others end up losing what they have. No one wants to hear all the negative junk! At the same booth this year (2009), several people asked about her and I told them she was no longer in the business. One lady said that she wondered what happened because she used to get her newsletter then it suddenly quit. She placed an order with me! :)

Ok, thank you very much. I feel better now getting more opinions. I will still offer to take turns at Bazaars, etc., but will stick with this one. Thanks again.

You have been very generous in your offerings and you are not wrong to want to be the only consultant. Everyone here has said it so well. One time, I offered to do an event with a group of ladies whom non wanted to participate. It was a large event-so I passed on the event as it would have needed more than myself. Two of those ladies that would not do it with me, took that event and worked it themselves. Yes I had very hurt feelings.
But I learned some very valuable lessons out of it. Some people play nice and others don't.
Don't change who you are and be true to yourself and your values-you will reap the rewards.

Most of the booths I do are 1st come and if anyone else applys after that then they get turned away cause it isn't fair to you or her both having the same thing there especially in a small event like that.

1. Is it expensive to become a Pampered Chef representative?

There is a one-time fee of $109 to become a Pampered Chef representative, which includes a starter kit with all the tools and resources you need to get started. There are also ongoing business expenses, such as the cost of product samples, but these can be easily managed by setting a budget and planning ahead.

2. Do I have to make a certain amount of sales to remain a Pampered Chef representative?

There are no minimum sales requirements to remain a Pampered Chef representative. As long as you pay the annual renewal fee and meet the minimum activity requirements, you can continue to represent the company.

3. How much can I expect to earn as a Pampered Chef representative?

As an independent consultant, your earnings will depend on your individual sales and the effort you put into your business. On average, consultants earn 20-25% commission on their sales, with the potential to earn even more through bonuses and incentives.

4. Can I sell Pampered Chef products at any event or location?

Yes, you are free to sell Pampered Chef products at any event or location as long as it is legal and does not violate any policies or guidelines set by the company. This includes bazaars, craft fairs, and other community events.

5. Do I have to host parties to be successful as a Pampered Chef representative?

No, hosting parties is just one way to sell Pampered Chef products and grow your business. You can also sell through your personal website, social media, and one-on-one interactions with customers. It is up to you to find the methods that work best for you and your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sluna75
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • FHL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies