• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It *Really* That Bad? A Review of the Book's Design

In summary, the color of the stoneware is growing on people. Some people don't like the color, but most people do.
Hunter Mom
Please, someone tell me it is prettier than in the book. I just CANNOT like it. The color looks so drab. Blah. And the people I've talked to have said the same thing.

It's Taupe. And I think it's beautiful. It does look better in person though.

It's growing on me. I was one of those silent voices at Conference when they unveiled it. Didn't like it in the product showcase room. Still didn't find it appealing a couple of weeks ago. But a couple of days ago I was unpacking the new products and thought it looked somewhat attractive. Just the couple of customers that I've shared the mini with have commented that it's nice to have an alternative to the cranberry. As much as I'm trying to carry less and sell more, I may be bringing the mini baker with me to Sept. and Oct. shows so that people can see the true color. I think it looks nice along with the cranberry.

i still prefer the cranberry.....i even prefer the vanilla we had a few years ago....i still have some of that and use it often...
~carla

Becca_in_MD said:
It's growing on me. I was one of those silent voices at Conference when they unveiled it. Didn't like it in the product showcase room. Still didn't find it appealing a couple of weeks ago. But a couple of days ago I was unpacking the new products and thought it looked somewhat attractive. Just the couple of customers that I've shared the mini with have commented that it's nice to have an alternative to the cranberry. As much as I'm trying to carry less and sell more, I may be bringing the mini baker with me to Sept. and Oct. shows so that people can see the true color. I think it looks nice along with the cranberry.

I'm the same. I like it more and more. I do know that several of my customers will love it. It's all about sharing what we offer. I don't like everything and others don't like everything I do.

When it was announced at conference my friend and I looked at each other and at the same time said "taupe?...eeewwwweee" But once we saw it in the showcase room we quickly changed our minds. It is very pretty. Just does not photograph well.

It is very 'New Mexico'...the color of my walls to be exact! I was silent at conference. It really does not photo well. BUT I LOVE the color. NEEDED a change from Cranberry. I think a beautiful Chocolate Brown would be nice!

I've told people that the color is closer to a rich mocha and that seems to be more appealing to most than the word 'taupe'. To me, taupe = drab, so I think they could have been a little more creative with the naming. In person though it's much nicer than it seems in the catalog, and I do love it.

My kitchen is taupe (countertops, cabinets) - as is the trim in our house. Previous owners painted it and it is a great improvement over the dark, dark late 70's trim. It was funny to think at NC that after 13 years, my kitchen's back in style!! LOL!The new taupe stoneware matches my kitchen beau-t-i-full-y. I LOVE IT! I too was skeptical when they unveiled it at NC - I don't think it photos well. In person, it's a different story. It is a nice alternative to the cranberry and frankly, doesn't show up stuff as much as the old french vanilla. It targets a different customer base - and we do need that flexibility esp for those who do not like the cranberry. Since it's only for 6 months, it will be interesting to see what they do in the Spring too...

tiggerhale said:
My kitchen is taupe (countertops, cabinets) - as is the trim in our house. Previous owners painted it and it is a great improvement over the dark, dark late 70's trim. It was funny to think at NC that after 13 years, my kitchen's back in style!! LOL!The new taupe stoneware matches my kitchen beau-t-i-full-y. I LOVE IT! I too was skeptical when they unveiled it at NC - I don't think it photos well. In person, it's a different story. It is a nice alternative to the cranberry and frankly, doesn't show up stuff as much as the old french vanilla. It targets a different customer base - and we do need that flexibility esp for those who do not like the cranberry. Since it's only for 6 months, it will be interesting to see what they do in the Spring too...
We just remodeled our kitchen to a more rustic palette of colors.(Thanks PC! I took the gift card instead of the trip!) Black, "Adobe" (Taupe), Cream, and "Butterscotch" (it's actually more of a light terra cotta, but that was the paint color name!:rolleyes:) We were using very current color palettes when choosing our colors. When I pulled the first piece of taupe stoneware out of it's box, my husband said "Wow - that will be perfect in our kitchen!"

Looks like barf to me. Nope to taupe is all I have to say!

Of course, I'll lie at my shows and talk about how wonderfully it goes with everything and as your stone seasons it'll be even more complimentary. But inside I'll still be thinking barf.

pchockeymom said:
Looks like barf to me. Nope to taupe is all I have to say!

Of course, I'll lie at my shows and talk about how wonderfully it goes with everything and as your stone seasons it'll be even more complimentary. But inside I'll still be thinking barf.

You kill me! LOL

I thought that it was disgusting in the photos, but love it in person.

pchockeymom - I'm with you! I still think it's disgusting, but won't let my opinion figure into it when I'm displaying it. Just have to go with the "fashion" theme: "You've probably had taupe heels and matching handbag for the fall/winter season, now you can showcase this awesome neutral in your everyday cooking!" (Kinda falls within the "if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS" realm! :-o)

dme.grant said:
... rich mocha ..... To me, taupe = drab, so I think they could have been a little more creative with the naming. .....

Completely agree! I'm going to use your word choice of MOCHA.

It really is prettier than the catalog shows.

Not a fan of either the cranberry or the white. Was sorry to see the french vanilla go.

Just like there are some who hate the dots while others (like me) love them, you'll find that some love the taupe and others think it drab. It would definitely go better in a red kitchen than the burgundy. I generally don't voice an opinion about colors, just mention the options--It comes in burgundy or taupe.

I HATE the taupe, but everyone has their own opinion. I'm going to try to sell most of mine on cash & carry because, really, how much stoneware does this consultant need? No more that's for sure, and no ugly taupe! LOL

It looks really nasty next to my bright sunny yellow kitchen, but Rae's right: just tell them it's available in 2 colors.

I really like having the option of an additional color and I think my customers will also. And, yes, it looks much better in person than it does in the catalog!

I just hope this means they're coming out with a new color every year! I miss baby blue, hunter green, etc.

Intrepid_Chef said:
I just hope this means they're coming out with a new color every year! I miss baby blue, hunter green, etc.

Noooooooo..... I have way too many mini bakers (and other stones) already. I am not thrilled with the taupe but it is growing on me and the color does have a marketability so I say if we must have a second color (and I agree cranberry isn't for everyone even if I personally love it) then just stick with this.

I think PC is trying to find the right neutral to fit the homes of those who aren't into cranberry. They said one season but I bet if it's popular and they don't get into the production problems the white had, we'll see this color again.

I wonder too if the cranberry might be going out though... They took it out of the simple addition line and dc'd the towels...

BethCooks4U said:
Noooooooo..... I have way too many mini bakers (and other stones) already. I am not thrilled with the taupe but it is growing on me and the color does have a marketability so I say if we must have a second color (and I agree cranberry isn't for everyone even if I personally love it) then just stick with this.

I think PC is trying to find the right neutral to fit the homes of those who aren't into cranberry. They said one season but I bet if it's popular and they don't get into the production problems the white had, we'll see this color again.

I wonder too if the cranberry might be going out though... They took it out of the simple addition line and dc'd the towels...

For me, it's the deep dish pie stone. :rolleyes:

And I wondered the same thing about the cranberry.

I think we needed another neutral and I really feel that PC does their research on colors well most of the time. It was kind of funny because when I got home from NC, I realized that the taupe was all over the walls of my dining room and kitchen! Hmmm...

It is a popular color in my midwestern area. The cranberry is also, but I still think we needed that neutral.

1. Is the book's design visually appealing?

Yes, the book's design is visually appealing. It features colorful images, easy-to-read fonts, and clean layouts.

2. Are the recipes easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in the book are easy to follow. They include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success.

3. Does the book include a variety of recipes?

Yes, the book includes a variety of recipes to suit different tastes and dietary restrictions. From appetizers to desserts, there is something for everyone.

4. Are the ingredients easy to find?

For the most part, yes. The book uses common ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores. However, some recipes may require specialty items that can be purchased online or at specialty stores.

5. Is the book suitable for beginner cooks?

Yes, the book is suitable for beginner cooks. The recipes are easy to follow and do not require advanced cooking skills. Plus, there are helpful tips and techniques included to guide new cooks in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cr8vKitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • esavvymom