• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Normal That Most People Don't Answer the Phone?

In summary, it is normal to only get 1 out of 10 people to answer the phone when making a call. If the number is unknown, the person will let the phone go to voicemail. It can be discouraging to make calls and not get an answer, but it is also normal to reach the person after a few attempts.
edp323
As a fairly new consultant working on making phone calls consistently, I was just wondering if it was normal that only about 1 out of 10 people actually answer the phone? (mostly voicemails) It would help me tremendously as I keep trekking on to know that this is normal/to be expected, and I am not alone!

If I don't recognize a number, I let the phone go to voicemail. I will be happy to return a call if they will be kind enough to let me know they called.

Yes, it's completely normal. And 10 to 1 sounds about right. For me it depends on the day, but it's not uncommon for me to make calls for quite a while without a response. I find this especially true among younger contacts.

It can be discouraging to spend time making calls and rarely getting answers. I get the same thing.

Try texting, and end with a question. Nobody answers the phone anymore, but will answer texts fairly quickly.

Yes...it seems more normal now with CallerID on virtually every phone. I know I don't answer if I don't recognize the number. And if you don't leave a voicemail telling me who you are, and some decent message, I won't call you back or answer the second time you call either. :) So the suggestion I've gotten from several trainers is to leave an good message! Make them interested to hear from you, and if you are going to try back later, let them know that you'll call back later. They won't call you, so don't expect it. I've also heard in those same workshops that sometimes it takes 4-5 or more times to reach the person. If you know it's a cell phone, then yes- texting can be a good option too, especially after an few calls.

1. Is it normal that most people don't answer the phone during working hours?

Yes, it is common for people to not answer the phone during working hours as they may be busy with work or in meetings. It is recommended to leave a voicemail or send a text message instead.

2. Why do some people prefer texting over answering the phone?

Some people may prefer texting because it allows them to respond at their convenience without interrupting their current task. It also allows for a written record of the conversation.

3. How long should I wait before assuming someone won't answer the phone?

It is courteous to wait at least 3-4 rings before assuming someone won't answer the phone. However, this may vary depending on the person's personal preferences and circumstances.

4. Is it rude to not answer the phone?

It is not necessarily rude to not answer the phone as everyone has different priorities and may not be available to answer at all times. However, it is courteous to respond in a timely manner or inform the caller if you are unable to answer.

5. How can I increase the chances of someone answering the phone?

You can increase the chances of someone answering the phone by scheduling a call in advance, sending a text message to inform them of the call, or leaving a clear and concise voicemail for them to return your call.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Shannen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • Karen Weber