• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Promote: My Journey to Becoming a Director in the PC Business

In summary, Beth is trying to promote to director but every time she takes a step forward she takes a step back. She is also having trouble recruiting new consultants and is starting to give up. She has changed her approach and is having more success. Emma has been promoted to director after being on a recruiting roll.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I want to promote to director sooo bad. But ever time I take a step forward in the business I take to steps back :confused: In the year I've done PC I've pulled in one recruit who never qualified. Then I go to my cluster meetings and there are all of these new consultants recruiting and promoting. (They are good and I am happy for then, I'm just ready for my turn) I talk about recruiting a few times during my shows. I wear PC clothing, I have a sticker on my car but for some reason I can't recruit. I am getting a few shows from my retiring director so I still have high hopes.

I would love to know what has worked for those of you who have made it to director.

I'm in the same boat with you !!! I don't know what else to do !!!! Anyone have suggestions ???

(I guess first I NEED more shows !!!)

My suggestion is threefold: stop trying so hard, go to National Conference and make it about them.

I wanted it just as bad and was having no more luck than you but when I went to Nat. Conf. I saw the bigger picture - I can't tell you what it is you have to feel it and it has to enter your skin first hand.

I also decided to take it out of my own hands and hand it over to God. If I am to succeed in anything it has to be His will and timing not mine. Whenever I start feeling like I'm not getting where I want I sit back and examine what's been going on and sure enough I have been trying to do it MY way (not to say I shouldn't have a say in what happens in my life - and by the way if I just sit doing nothing - nothing happens). I reassess what I'm doing and make those adjustments.

Another very important part is HAVE FUN doing this and while it's okay to say "I earned this and this" it's much more powerful to say "You can earn this and this. I know because I did (am)". Look for their heartstrings. You can't know what is in anyone's heart at the show but give examples of different situations - it'll hit someone. And then ASK if they want more information and FOLLOW UP!

If you have the desire you can do it!

Last edited:
Well said ...Beth! Directorship seems to allude some while others achieve it in months instead of years.

I think the difference that helped me promote was seeing the opportunity as something to improve other people's lives. Recruiting is not about you...it is about them. As Beth said..it is not what the PC has done for me...but "WHAT CAN THE PC DO FOR YOU?" (the new recruit) :p

Another thing...don't seem desperate!! I know how you feel....it took me 2 1/2 years to promote and I wanted it from day 1. :rolleyes: I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong...now I know! I was "throwing up over them" :eek: and I wanted it more for them than they did! I was driving potential members away! Once you learn that it is truly not about you promoting but sharing this amazing opportunty with others the sooner you will promote.

I promoted when a team member of mine reactivated after 6 months of being inactive. I got the call and didn't even know I had attained Directorship. So, in October I went from having 5 team members to 15 team members by the end of February! The reason why? I stopped being desperate!

So...remember...it is all about THEM!! :D

If you recruit 2 people and don't have anyone else sign for a year.... and then you get 3 more do they count? Or, after a while do they go off your record and you must start over again?

Emma

EmmaLeeM said:
If you recruit 2 people and don't have anyone else sign for a year.... and then you get 3 more do they count? Or, after a while do they go off your record and you must start over again?

Emma
As long as they are active consultants that you personally recruited they count.

What's that I smell?Yes, people can smell desperation! I've been on a recruiting roll. I very much believe that the huge change for me happened when I took on a servants heart. Really, it is about THEM. So, I'm working with a 20 yr old man, who is working in retail, and wants to pursue art. I have signed a nineteen year old young man who is going to culinary school...and working in dreaded retail. I am working with a mom who said "I'm not going to have a job after the tax season!" Many of the people I'm working on, or have signed are people that have NEVER been to a show and know NOTHING about direct sales. I found them in Target, the coffee store, my office...all sorts of places. The trick is, I opened my ears and listened to their needs.

I can definately say that I do use the term me not you. I will start working on that one right now.

Well I am going to post more often !! After posting yesterday about being in the same boat...I got an email from a lady I only know throught the internet (met her in a christian women's group online) and she is going to sign up !!! Now, she hasn't done it yet...but I sent her a packet last week and she says her dh is on board with it and wants to sign !!!!

Now, if I could just get some more bookings !!!! LOL

ok...this is just too weird....my host from last week is closing her show...and wants to sign !!!

2 in one week ??? Can this be ????

Two in one weekHeather,

I've been experiencing a surge in interest as well! I signed one recruit at the end of February, one last week and another is setting up her show for the end of this month so she can sign on. I have another lady I'm meeting with next week who said she is ready to sign up now (we talked about the opportunity in October and it wasn't the right time then).

I think the big difference is I have started offering the opportunity to more people and looking at the way it can benefit them after seeing what it has done for me. Previously I didn't want to feel pushy and then I thought about it. If I found a great deal at a sale or a wonderful new restaurant I sure would tell people about it so why don't I share PC as well?! Who knows who may be interested and it could be a blessing to them as it has been to me!

I hope these work out for you and I see you cross the stage in July!

Michele

Great tips and advice !! Thanks so much !!!

And you are NOT gonna believe this....I went to my insurance lady today to see if she wanted to order anything and she said she may want to sign up too !!! I cannot believe it !! I already have 2 signing this week !!!

If all 3 sign up I'll only need one more (already have one recruit !!)...just gotta get em qualified and staying active !!!

Try not to "overwhelm"For me it's learning when to STOP talking (I am still working on this). I highly recommend the Belinda Ellsworth tapes ~ and the recommendations to try not to get all excited when someone seems interested and in a sense "throw up all over them". Think about how when a child asks you about sex, you want to answer only the question they asked and stop. Be professional but fun - - not too much info -- Laid back, approachable.

Be matter of fact (but happy) and offer the materials. Ask them what it was that you said or did that intrigued them (don't tell them ALL the reasons YOU love PC, and all you've been able to achieve). When they answer, make an affirming comment and STOP. Ask them to look over the information and tell them you'd like to give them a call in a day or two to answer any questions they have.

Here are some notes from my Double-D training on generating leads:

Listening for opportunity –
Green Flag - - when someone says something that makes you want to share about booking.
IE. I love those great bowls, but I have to put my brakes on.
ME: Have I told you about the hostess special, you can get them for 60%

Stop:
Is doing the PC working out for you?
ME: Yes it is. STOP

If you were to start your own business, what would you be looking to get out of it? (You don’t want to tell them about the trips, if they just want to get out). Think about the child asking about sex - - you only tell them what they want to know.

CHECK OUT TIME (3 questions to ask):
3 Questions
1 - Have you ever thought about becoming a PC consultant?

2 - What was it that I said or did that made you say “I need some more information” (so I can repeat it again) – or intrigued you?

3 - On a scale to 1 to 10,
1- Please never bother me (changing your name and # so I can’t ever reach you)
10- Get me started now! Here’s my $90 to get started
They will say why - - anything 6 or more is a lead

You asked a lot of questions – Have you ever _____
“No I’ve been to a lot & like free wanted to win”

You were really enthusiastic and you really had a lot to say about the stones. You would be great about

Linda, you ordered a lot of products with stars on them. Think outside of the box – An enthusiasm for the products is all it takes to be successful at this business.

Maybe – I see you put a maybe on learning more about this

Now is not a good time –
It sounds like now is not a good time – Would it be alright to keep in touch with you periodically to keep you informed about the specials?

Fold your hands – sit on them so you remember to stay calm

So True!I've used most of these techniques in other work. They are very effective. When people ask a question they want honesty.... but they don't want you to be overy enthusiastic because that is scary! No one likes clingy people. Stay CALM... It's reasuurance that you know what you are doing.

Great tips!

Emma

I have a show coming up on saturday here at my house. I'm going to try using the terms you can instead of I have earned. I'm not sure if I have been "throwing up" on them, but I'm going to make sure I'm not.

What is "Is It Just Me?"

"Is It Just Me?" is a cooking tool offered by Pampered Chef that helps you quickly and easily measure small amounts of ingredients while cooking or baking.

How does "Is It Just Me?" work?

"Is It Just Me?" is a set of three measuring spoons with adjustable sliding handles. Simply slide the handle to the desired measurement and scoop up your ingredient, then slide the handle back to level off the excess for precise measuring.

What are the measurements available on "Is It Just Me?"

The three measuring spoons in the "Is It Just Me?" set measure 1/8 tsp, 1/4 tsp, and 1/2 tsp, making it perfect for measuring small amounts of spices, extracts, or other ingredients.

Is "Is It Just Me?" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Is It Just Me?" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the lifespan of the product.

Can "Is It Just Me?" be used for liquid ingredients?

No, "Is It Just Me?" is designed for dry ingredients only. Using it for liquid ingredients may cause spills or inaccurate measurements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kdangel518