• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Passé to Use Non-Pampered Chef Products at a Party?

In summary, the conversation revolved around whether it is taboo to use non-PC products at a party and what alternative recipes or products could be used instead. Suggestions were made to borrow a PC product from a teammate or director, use a different cookware such as the Family Skillet, or opt for a salad or dessert recipe that does not require a specific PC product. The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, Clubhouse Chicken Squares, Mexican Lasagna, Chicken Fajitas in the DCB, and Trifle were all recommended as potential recipes.
nldavis321
Gold Member
is it completely taboo to use a stock pot that is NOT PC at a party? Or any product for that matter....

Re: Taboo...I wouldn't do it.

Re: Taboo...I know I know!!!I have a big party coming up...at least 20 people. I was hoping to make the BLT Mac and Cheese. Any suggestions then?

Re: Taboo...I don't think so. I have used a stock pot that was non PC and then pointed out, "this isn't the PC one, I'm still working on earning it for free" I think it can be used as one more great thing about selling PC. I don't feel like I need to pretend I never use any other products. (I wouldn't, however, focus on it too much and definately wouldn't say anything about how great it is). Guests will appreciate you "being real".

Re: Taboo...
nldavis321 said:
I know I know!!!

I have a big party coming up...at least 20 people. I was hoping to make the BLT Mac and Cheese.

Any suggestions then?

Do you have a teammate (or Director) in the area that can lend one to you? Do you have any other cookware? I've never made this recipe, but I know other recipes that call for the stock pot and I just use the Family Skillet.

susan g said:
I don't think so. I have used a stock pot that was non PC and then pointed out, "this isn't the PC one, I'm still working on earning it for free" I think it can be used as one more great thing about selling PC. I don't feel like I need to pretend I never use any other products. (I wouldn't, however, focus on it too much and definately wouldn't say anything about how great it is). Guests will appreciate you "being real".

Thanks Susan, I may go this route. I really love how the recipe turned out and think it would be a great way to show people how great our recipes are.

~ Inregards to the "ask someone else." No I do not have anyone, but thank you for the suggestion. :balloon:

Re: Taboo...I never use the stockpot at shows - If a recipe calls for the stockpot, I use my 12" Family Skillet - works great!

Re: Taboo...Nicole -just had to ask.... is that Jason Aldean in your avatar photo?

Re: Taboo...If I don't have a piece I need, I either ask my director if I can borrow hers, or else tell everyone that "this isn't PC" as susan does.

amy07 said:
Nicole -just had to ask.... is that Jason Aldean in your avatar photo?

Yes it is.

Re: Taboo...sweet! DH & I are fans!

Re: Taboo...I wouldn't do it. I would ask someone to borrow one.

DebbieJ said:
I wouldn't do it. I would ask someone to borrow one.

I agree.

What if they say "Well, that pot is working fine, and I already have one like it - so why do I need the PC pot?"

OR

I would just choose a recipe that incorporates the products that I have.

Re: Taboo...If you think I should not use another non pc product, could you please offer suggestions. Thank you.

nldavis321 said:
If you think I should not use another non pc product, could you please offer suggestions. Thank you.

Well, I suggested the 12" skillet in it's place.

Do you mean suggestions for other recipes?

Re: Taboo...oh yes, thank you for that....recipes. lol I do not have the 12" either. Ugh...newbie here!

Re: Taboo...for a big show, do a salad. Those serve a lot.

Re: Taboo...do you have the DCB? The possibilities are endless....And remember--everyone is supposed to get a TASTE, not a full serving.

Re: Taboo...Yes. I have the DCB. I am going to do a dessert and a meal. I am going a little over the top with this one. She is a friend and may join my line. Not to mention SHE IS OVER THE TOP! lol I usually do one recipe, but this one I am going for the WOW factor...just a personal preference for me right now.

Re: Taboo...The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad is wonderful! Really!

Clubhouse Chicken Squares

The new Mexican Lasagna recipe

and there are lots of recipes to choose from if you have the DCB!

Re: Taboo...Yes I was thinking about the Mexican Lasagna, but I am so excited to share the garlic bites! lol I may give the DC Salad a try. Better try to make it this weekend!!! lol

Re: Taboo...I vote for Chicken Fajitas in the DCB. You can do a Trifle for dessert--very easy if you have all the ingredients ready and you can just layer it at the show.

nldavis321 said:
Yes I was thinking about the Mexican Lasagna, but I am so excited to share the garlic bites! lol I may give the DC Salad a try. Better try to make it this weekend!!! lol

What if you made the new Pasta recipe in the DCB? That would work well w/ the Garlic Bites!

Re: Taboo...Thanks Debbie! Trifle it is!

nldavis321 said:
Thanks Debbie! Trifle it is!

Trifles serve a lot of people too.

Re: Taboo...For my show this Sat. we are doing the Fajitas in the DCB and the Chocolate PB Cup Trifle. I did that at a show a few weeks ago and loved how well it went. Guests loved it too, and I was able to show so much and they all understood the versatility of everything.

Re: Taboo...I agree with the pasta in the DCB (the penne one). It is really wonderful, I made it for the third time last night. Make sure you have a good parmesan, or else use more if it is a cheap one (they have so much less flavour). And like Becky said, you can still do the garlic bites and show off the cookware.

And a trifle is always a hit.

1. Is it necessary to use only Pampered Chef products at a party?

No, it is not necessary to use only Pampered Chef products at a party. While we do recommend using our high-quality products for the best cooking experience, you are welcome to use any other brands or products that you feel comfortable with.

2. Will using non-Pampered Chef products affect the outcome of the dishes?

No, using non-Pampered Chef products will not affect the outcome of the dishes. Our recipes are designed to work with any type of kitchen equipment, so you can still achieve delicious results with other brands.

3. Can I bring my own non-Pampered Chef products to a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own non-Pampered Chef products to a Pampered Chef party. However, please note that our demonstrations and recipes are specifically created for our products, so you may not get the same results with different products.

4. Are there any benefits to using only Pampered Chef products at a party?

Yes, there are some benefits to using only Pampered Chef products at a party. Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more convenient. Plus, by using our products, you can earn Host Rewards and discounts on future purchases.

5. Can I still purchase Pampered Chef products if I use non-Pampered Chef products at a party?

Yes, you can still purchase Pampered Chef products even if you use non-Pampered Chef products at a party. Our goal is to provide high-quality cooking tools and delicious recipes, and we welcome all customers regardless of what products they use in their kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Patti
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Patti
  • Jennifer Neal
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • Alicia Messenger