• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible Discontinuation of Pillsbury Biscuits - Fact or Fiction?

In fact, I have a tube of Grands in my refrigerator, so I can make Monkey Bites this weekend! Thanks for the recipe.
kam
Staff member
OK, I didn't want to put anything in the title that would alarm anyone or cause anyone to assume it as a fact...but my mom says she heard today that Pillsbury is discontinuing the biscuits (she did not say crescents, she said biscuits).

I tried to get more info from her...

She swears its not the frozen ones, but the ones in the tubes near the cheese/milk.

I also asked if they said just certain varieties, but she thinks it's all of them.

I think she is mistaken...but was wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

I cannot imagine them being discontinued

That is probably another one of those crazy rumors! Pillsbury would be nuts to do that considering all the varieties they have and how well they sell!

Yeah- I can't imagine they'd discontinue that large a segment of their product line. There were announcements a couple of weeks ago that one of the companies (I forget if it was Pillsbury or Nestle) was discontinuing some varieties of refrigerated cookie dough to cut costs.I do wish that Pillsbury would reformulate their refrigerated dough products to have less bad fats in them.

chefann said:
I do wish that Pillsbury would reformulate their refrigerated dough products to have less bad fats in them.

Me too! I love how convient they are, but hate how bad they are for us.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Me too! I love how convient they are, but hate how bad they are for us.

So true! I love them, but feel so guilty using them. I also can't believe that they would discontinue their entire line of biscuits. Maybe they will cut back on how many different varieties they offer though.

They have a reduced fat honey wheat which is delicious!

babywings76 said:
So true! I love them, but feel so guilty using them. I also can't believe that they would discontinue their entire line of biscuits. Maybe they will cut back on how many different varieties they offer though.

I don't know if this is happening where you are, but our grocery stores are thining out their selection. Lots of items have disappeared from the shelfs lately.

vwpamperedchef said:
They have a reduced fat honey wheat which is delicious!

Now I want to go look for those...

I don't know if this is related, but our store stopped carrying the single tubes of pillsbury biscuits a while ago and only sells them in four-packs.

chefann said:
Yeah- I can't imagine they'd discontinue that large a segment of their product line.

There were announcements a couple of weeks ago that one of the companies (I forget if it was Pillsbury or Nestle) was discontinuing some varieties of refrigerated cookie dough to cut costs.

I do wish that Pillsbury would reformulate their refrigerated dough products to have less bad fats in them.

Yes, I think she just heard the announcement wrong. And, I would hope they would cut back on the varieties rather than the whole line.

Well, I was worried, and since no one else seems to have heard this, I figure it's not true and she was just confused.
Thanks!

chefann said:
Shoot. Those are the only healthy (-ish) bread products in their convenience line (refrigerated and frozen doughs).

That's really too bad. I like to buy them, because it's easy to pull out the right amount - whether you need 3 or 12!

But, on the bright side - at least I don't have to be concerned that I can no longer do my 30 minute Chicken and Garlic Biscuit Bites demo!:)

ChefBeckyD said:
That's really too bad. I like to buy them, because it's easy to pull out the right amount - whether you need 3 or 12!

But, on the bright side - at least I don't have to be concerned that I can no longer do my 30 minute Chicken and Garlic Biscuit Bites demo!:)

I made the Monkey bread version (I called them Monkey Bites) at my brunch show this past Saturday, and they were really popular. Of the 4 people (including host) at the show, I have 3 bookings (the only reason the 4th didn't book is because she lives with her daughter, who DID book). I'm pretty sure there will be a cookware set, or at least a couple of open stock pieces, purchased at one of these shows.

In fact, I have a tube of Grands in my refrigerator, so I can make Monkey Bites this weekend! Thanks for the recipe.

My brother actaully works for pillsbury and he hasn't mentioned anything. I know that the frozen dough division was purchased this week by Pennant Foods. Perhaps thats the announcement she heard. But from what I understand, they will continue with the same product line.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's exactly why I like the frozen ones, too! With just 2 of us in the house, a full tube is usually too many (especially considering all the trans and saturated fats in them).

You mean eating a tube of Pillsbury biscuits isn't healthy? Dang!

raebates said:
You mean eating a tube of Pillsbury biscuits isn't healthy? Dang!

Say what??? However, I am one of those people that loves chocolate chip cookie dough!

1. Is the product I love being discontinued?

At Pampered Chef, we understand how much our customers love our products. We continuously review and update our product line to bring you the best and most innovative kitchen tools. While some products may be discontinued, we are always introducing new and improved versions or similar products to meet your needs.

2. How can I find out if a product is being discontinued?

The best way to find out if a product is being discontinued is to check our website or contact our customer service team. Our website will have the most up-to-date information on product availability and any discontinuations. You can also reach out to our customer service team via phone or email for more information.

3. Can I still purchase a product if it is being discontinued?

If a product is being discontinued, it may still be available for purchase until supplies last. You can check the product page on our website for availability or contact our customer service team for assistance. If the product is no longer available, our team can help you find a similar alternative.

4. Will there be any sales or discounts for discontinued products?

While we do not have a set policy for sales or discounts on discontinued products, it is possible that they may be marked down in order to make room for new products. We recommend checking our website or contacting our customer service team for any current promotions or sales.

5. Can I return a discontinued product?

Our return policy for discontinued products is the same as our return policy for all products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Keep in mind that discontinued products may have limited availability for exchanges, so we recommend contacting our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
Chef Michelle D