1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Is it being discontinued?

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

OK, I didn't want to put anything in the title that would alarm anyone or cause anyone to assume it as a fact...but my mom says she heard today that Pillsbury is discontinuing the biscuits (she did not say crescents, she said biscuits).

I tried to get more info from her...

She swears its not the frozen ones, but the ones in the tubes near the cheese/milk.

I also asked if they said just certain varieties, but she thinks it's all of them.

I think she is mistaken...but was wondering if anyone else has heard of this.

Mar 19, 2009
  2. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I cannot imagine them being discontinued

Mar 19, 2009
  3. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

That is probably another one of those crazy rumors! Pillsbury would be nuts to do that considering all the varieties they have and how well they sell!

Mar 19, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Yeah- I can't imagine they'd discontinue that large a segment of their product line.

There were announcements a couple of weeks ago that one of the companies (I forget if it was Pillsbury or Nestle) was discontinuing some varieties of refrigerated cookie dough to cut costs.

I do wish that Pillsbury would reformulate their refrigerated dough products to have less bad fats in them.

Mar 19, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Me too! I love how convient they are, but hate how bad they are for us.

6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

So true! I love them, but feel so guilty using them. I also can't believe that they would discontinue their entire line of biscuits. Maybe they will cut back on how many different varieties they offer though.

Mar 19, 2009
  7. They have a reduced fat honey wheat which is delicious!

8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I don't know if this is happening where you are, but our grocery stores are thining out their selection. Lots of items have disappeared from the shelfs lately.

Now I want to go look for those...

9. myinnerchef

myinnerchef Member Gold Member

I don't know if this is related, but our store stopped carrying the single tubes of pillsbury biscuits a while ago and only sells them in four-packs.

Mar 19, 2009
  10. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Yes, I think she just heard the announcement wrong. And, I would hope they would cut back on the varieties rather than the whole line.

Well, I was worried, and since no one else seems to have heard this, I figure it's not true and she was just confused.
    Thanks!

Mar 19, 2009
  11. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

12. chefann

Shoot. Those are the only healthy (-ish) bread products in their convenience line (refrigerated and frozen doughs).

Mar 19, 2009
  13. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

That's really too bad. I like to buy them, because it's easy to pull out the right amount - whether you need 3 or 12!

But, on the bright side - at least I don't have to be concerned that I can no longer do my 30 minute Chicken and Garlic Biscuit Bites demo!:)

Mar 19, 2009
  14. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I made the Monkey bread version (I called them Monkey Bites) at my brunch show this past Saturday, and they were really popular. Of the 4 people (including host) at the show, I have 3 bookings (the only reason the 4th didn't book is because she lives with her daughter, who DID book). I'm pretty sure there will be a cookware set, or at least a couple of open stock pieces, purchased at one of these shows.

In fact, I have a tube of Grands in my refrigerator, so I can make Monkey Bites this weekend! Thanks for the recipe.

15. My brother actaully works for pillsbury and he hasn't mentioned anything. I know that the frozen dough division was purchased this week by Pennant Foods. Perhaps thats the announcement she heard. But from what I understand, they will continue with the same product line.

Mar 19, 2009
  16. chefann

That's exactly why I like the frozen ones, too! With just 2 of us in the house, a full tube is usually too many (especially considering all the trans and saturated fats in them).

Mar 20, 2009
  17. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You mean eating a tube of Pillsbury biscuits isn't healthy? Dang!

Mar 20, 2009
  18. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Say what??? However, I am one of those people that loves chocolate chip cookie dough!

Have something to add?