1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Is it a bad sign when

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Is it a bad sign when the first question that a possible recruit asks is what is the minimum that I have to do?

Of course I answered her question. But later, I got to thinking. Oh, and she is moving soon and said to call on her in 2 weeks.

2. cheflorraine

cheflorraine Member Gold Member

I don't think so... that was one of my top questions before I started: what's the minimum sales requirement...
    That kind of gave me an 'out', just in case this really doesn't work for me.
    Of course now that I've started, I'm determined to succeed, and there's a huge motivation to go way beyond the minimum requirements for all the various reasons (income, give-aways, helping out your team, personal satisfaction, etc).

That was my personal experience in any case... others may be different!

Lorraine

Aug 26, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I was also very concerned about that question/answer. I used to sell another DS product, and the requirements killed me and were very tough! $500 in retail sales every 3-month period- BUT it had to be all done in one single calendar month! So I would have Jan-Feb-March to sell the $500, but I could only place the total order in one month- $100 in jan, $200 in Feb and $100 in March- didn't COUNT!

So when I looked at PC, that was a big concern for me.

Aug 26, 2009
  4. ChefKrisB

ChefKrisB Member Gold Member

Just a thought...I always answer that question like this:

PC has designed their program to allow for life to happen. Meaning, that the minimum is one show a month, or $150 in sales. It's great to have a fallback if it's needed.

Aug 26, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Thinking back I know I asked about this. I sold years ago, and I was wondering if it had changed.

Kris, I like your answer. I'll have to put it in my "words" for next time.

6. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I don't think it's a bad sign at all, I think it's a good sign that your potential recruit wants to be fully informed from the beginning to see if it will be a good fit for her.
    I think it's almost natural for someone to ask that...

Aug 26, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted