• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

,,Is Better Than a Pastry Blender>>>Try It!!!

for myself!Re: Mix-n-masherI have so many hosts/customers tell me more and more ideas for that thing...Lots of my people think that thing is a masterpiece....but at the shows they all look at me like I have three heads.....I made frosting and worked the butter into the 10x sugar with it...beautiful thing!!!The Mix-n-masher is definitely a versatile tool! I use it to make frosting, whipped cream, and even dough for cakes and pies. It's definitely a handy tool to have in the kitchen.
lisa717
,,is better than a PASTRY BLENDER>>>TRY IT!!!

Re: Mix-n-masher
lisa717 said:

I will -- I plan on making pie crust today anyway! :)

Re: Mix-n-masherI also use it as a whisk, especially for cream cheese mixtures! (No pushing the stuff out of the wire whisk)

lisa717 said:

I did just try it, and it works quite well! It's also good as a flat whisk for sauces/gravies in the executive cookware.

Re: Mix-n-masherI have so many hosts/customers tell me more and more ideas for that thing...Lots of my people think that thing is a masterpiece....but at the shows they all look at me like I have three heads.....I made frosting and worked the butter into the 10x sugar with it...beautiful thing!!!

Re: Mix-n-masherBut does it really work for mashing potatoes? I've never seen one "in real life" and I can't get myself to believe that it is sturdy enough to work well. It just looks so different (and flimsy) compared to a normal masher...

AnnieBee said:
But does it really work for mashing potatoes? I've never seen one "in real life" and I can't get myself to believe that it is sturdy enough to work well. It just looks so different (and flimsy) compared to a normal masher...

For Thanksgiving, I used it for the mashed Whites,Sweets & Turnips!! I tell people at my shows its the most underated product we sell....;)

Re: Mix-n-masherI had one and the middle ring broke on me. Luckily I had a 2nd one.

Re: Mix-n-masherI just ordered one, now I can't wait to get it!

AnnieBee said:
But does it really work for mashing potatoes? I've never seen one "in real life" and I can't get myself to believe that it is sturdy enough to work well. It just looks so different (and flimsy) compared to a normal masher...

I use it for mashed potatoes all the time..works great! And for guacamole.

AnnieBee said:

I had always used an electric mixer until I got the Mix-n-masher. I got mine by accident. Someone ordered it instead of the Mix-n-chop that they wanted. I didn't want to hassle with the exchange so I kept it & gave them an extra Mix-n-chop. I decided to try it to see if it worked or not. I haven't used my electric mixer since!!! I was shocked that it worked so well!!

Ginger428 said:
For Thanksgiving, I used it for the mashed Whites,Sweets & Turnips!! I tell people at my shows its the most underated product we sell....;)

Totally agree!!

It does way more than mash potatoes
....squash....scrambles eggs, makes gravy....pastry blender....frosting maker....whisk....

Re: Mix-n-masherI use it to:mash potatoes
mash bananas for breads
mix quick breads (it doesn't incorporate air like a whisk but mixes better than a spoon)
mix pancakes (same benefits as with quick breads)
mix flaky taters (those would be instant mashed potatoes to normal people)I agree that it's vastly underrated.

raebates said:
I use it to:mix flaky taters (those would be instant mashed potatoes to normal people)
I had to laugh when I read that! I have to admit that we use Hungry Jack instant quite often here. For years my kids wouldn't eat any other kind. One year when my daughter was just a couple of years old we were at my MIL's for Thanksgiving. She makes potatoes with the skins on them. This was the first time my daughter had seen that type of potato!! She said "Mommy, these aren't like your potatoes" (I was mortified because my MIL is a gourmet cook & has probably never had anything instant in her house ever!!! I tried to quietly explain to my daughter that these were "real" potatoes. She promptly (and loudly) replied "Well, then I want the pretend kind!" And, yes, I do use the Mix-n-masher to make "pretend" potatoes!!!p.s. adding a teaspoon or two of Miracle Whip to Hungry Jack potatoes changes the taste & lots of people can't tell the difference between them & "real" ones. I've had people insist that they will never eat instant potatoes WHILE they are eating mine that have Miracle Whip added.

Re: Mix-n-masherThe first time I ever saw one at a show (before I became a consultant) I was so skeptical about it. A friend talked me into buying one, reminding me that I would have the option of the "satisfaction guarantee" if I didn't like it. I LOVE it. I thought for sure it wouldn't hold up against mashing potatoes, but I haven't had any trouble with it. After I became a consultant I bought one for my mom and my MIL because I wanted them to try it too. :)

Re: Mix-n-masherI use the Mix n Masher WAY more than the Mix n Chop!

I use it at least once a day I think.

Re: Mix-n-masherThat's funny, Bev. We do tend to like what we grew up with. I remember our DS's friends turning up their noses at my homemade macaroni and cheese (which we call Marconi cheese) because they preferred the blue box stuff. As for flaky taters, I usually wind up making them when I'm throwing together a really quick dinner. The Furry Guy doesn't mind them. We definitely prefer the real thing (and, yes, I leave the skin on and often add a couple of cloves of garlic). The "pretend kind" works in a pinch, though.

ChefBeckyD said:
I use the Mix n Masher WAY more than the Mix n Chop!

I use it at least once a day I think.

I NEVER use my Mix N Chop. If I'm browning up meat, I feel its a waste of time standing there breaking up the meat in smaller pieces. When its done browning, I put the meat in my batter bowl & use my salad chopper....:) Its done in 2 minutes!!

Re: Mix-n-masherI'm shocked to hear this works so well. I ordered it by mistake myself and saw how flimsy it was I returned it without trying it. I have never recommended it to my customers. I guess I'll have to actually give it a try. Thanks for letting us all know!

Re: Mix-n-masherI'm often asked if it really works. After telling them how I use it, I remind them of our awesome return policy. I tell them I'm sure they won't want to return it, but it's nice to know they can order it without worry.

Re: Mix-n-masherWow, I guess I got my question answered!! Sounds like this one has to be seen to be believed. Maybe I should order one and start making mashed potatoes at all of my shows :).

Re: Mix-n-masherI totally forget about that tool! I am going to have to start using it too! I do use my mix and chop all the time though - but I love the tip with the salad chopper!

AnnieBee said:
Wow, I guess I got my question answered!! Sounds like this one has to be seen to be believed. Maybe I should order one and start making mashed potatoes at all of my shows :).

This time of the year, I sell alot of them by letting people know it is the PERFCT tool for mixing quick breads and muffins.

"You know all those recipes you have that say to mix the wet and dry ingredients just until blended, but not to overmix? Well, this is the PERFECT tool for doing that!"

I use it for mashing potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, avocados - and yes, I also use it as a whisk, and to stir up scrambled eggs, and pancake batter.....I use it so much!

Re: Mix-n-masherI also use mine a ton - one of my favorite uses I didn't see mentioned is egg salad. I hated that when making it before using just a fork to mash, I'd be chasing the eggs around the bowl - no more, thanks to my Mix N Masher!

AnnieBee said:

It is made of Nylon, so it is more rigid than it looks.

GOTTA TRY IT TO BELIEVE IT! - - - IT IS $11.00 (CDN.) - WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE IN TRYING IT???? :)

Re: Mix-n-masherI, too, am shocked. I will go ahead and put it on my next order with the gravy separator.

Thanks, guys!

Stampaholic1961 said:
I had always used an electric mixer until I got the Mix-n-masher. I got mine by accident. Someone ordered it instead of the Mix-n-chop that they wanted. I didn't want to hassle with the exchange so I kept it & gave them an extra Mix-n-chop. I decided to try it to see if it worked or not. I haven't used my electric mixer since!!! I was shocked that it worked so well!!

I haven't used my electric mixer either since getting it, when it first came out..UNFORTUNATELY, I have had TWO of them that the center circle has broken off...I haven't ordered a new one yet to replace the 2nd one.
But, I LOVE it, and will keep replacing them because they are a GODSEND. Probably depends on how much you use it too, I make mashed potatoes prob twice a week.

Ginger428 said:
I NEVER use my Mix N Chop. If I'm browning up meat, I feel its a waste of time standing there breaking up the meat in smaller pieces. When its done browning, I put the meat in my batter bowl & use my salad chopper....:) Its done in 2 minutes!!

It probably takes just as much time chopping it w/ the salad chopper as it does wi/ the mix n chop. Plus, I don't like the idea of dirtying another bowl...but, to each their own, whatever works right?? LOL

chefsteph07 said:
It probably takes just as much time chopping it w/ the salad chopper as it does wi/ the mix n chop. Plus, I don't like the idea of dirtying another bowl...but, to each their own, whatever works right?? LOL

Ummmmm No...since I have tried both ways & also while the meat is cooking, I am doing other things. Also I don't see a big deal putting soapy hot water in the Batter Bowl & washing it out...:rolleyes::rolleyes: But like you said to each his own....

Re: Mix-n-masherHomemade enchiladas with the potatoes and chirzo!!!! That sold it for me! This is one of my favorite tools! Everyone that I work with has one because I told them they have to try it to love it and everyone LOVES it! I had a co-worker who had a show for me last month, and she bought quite a few of them as christmas gifts.

Ginger428 said:
Ummmmm No...since I have tried both ways & also while the meat is cooking, I am doing other things. Also I don't see a big deal putting soapy hot water in the Batter Bowl & washing it out...:rolleyes::rolleyes: But like you said to each his own....

I found that if I add about 1/4-1/2 cup of water to the meat while I'm cooking it, the Mix N Chop works much better. If there is remaining water when done, it just gets drained off with any grease left in there. I've never tried it with the Salad Choppers though, I don't own them as of yet.

candiejayne said:
I found that if I add about 1/4-1/2 cup of water to the meat while I'm cooking it, the Mix N Chop works much better. If there is remaining water when done, it just gets drained off with any grease left in there. I've never tried it with the Salad Choppers though, I don't own them as of yet.

If you don't have them...you Truly do not know what you're missing!!!:love::love::love:

Re: Mix-n-masherit looks like i need to start trying it for other stuff! and get some salad choppers!

1. What is the "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender" product?

The "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender" product is a kitchen tool that combines the functions of a pastry blender and a dough scraper into one convenient tool. It is designed to make cutting and blending dough easier and more efficient.

2. How is "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender" different from a traditional pastry blender?

The "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender" product has a unique curved design that allows for better blending and cutting of dough. It also has a built-in scraper that helps to easily remove dough from the blades. Traditional pastry blenders typically have straight blades and do not have a scraper.

3. Can I use "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender" for other tasks besides cutting dough?

Yes, "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender" can also be used for tasks such as cutting butter into flour for pie crusts, mashing avocados, and even mixing ingredients for dips and spreads. It is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of kitchen tasks.

4. Is "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender" is dishwasher safe. Simply place it in the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for longer product life.

5. How do I use "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender"?

To use "Is Better Than a Pastry Blender", simply hold it by the handle and press down on the dough, using a rocking motion. The curved blades will cut and blend the dough, while the built-in scraper helps to remove any excess dough. It is recommended to use a cutting board or other flat surface while using the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Linda Lehman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RAWOLFI
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • jbondr