• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

App & Game Recs for IPhone: Kids & Grownups Welcome!

In summary, the author recommends using the Facebook app the most, playing Pocket God, using the The Weather Channel, using Lemonade Tycoon, using Sally's Sally's, using Cake Mania 3, using Lose it, using Restaurants, using Backgrounds, and using Facebook the most.
susanr613
Gold Member
I upgraded to an IPhone this past week and am looking for app recommendations. What do you use most often, and do you have any game recommendations for kids (13 yrs old) and grownups.

Thanks!

I use the Facebook app the most.......

DH has one, and he likes Jelly Car as a fun game. Another one that we discovered is Philosoraptor. It's not really a game, but it's quirky.

There are two apps that I like one is Need to Pee and Need to Eat (both of them give you the nearest location for the requested activity). Also there is a fun game called 'paper toss'

Sirius XM has a free app... even if you're not a subscriber you can get a free 7 day trial. :)

I understand that Pandora has an app, it's free internet radio.

"Pocket God" is a surprisingly fun game app. It's .99 and honestly the best .99 I have ever spent! :)

I found a new one - Toodledo. It's a super to do list and you can set up and track longer term goals. You run it from your computer via the website and an IPhone app. They sync.

Check it out at: Toodledo :: A to-do list to organize your tasks

I love Bejeweled - I play it all the time when I'm waiting for something (Dr. appt., etc).

My kids (10 and 7) love PocketGod!

I have added a few new apps in the last few days....Blogpress......so I can blog from my phone.
Countdown...so I can count how long until everything but mostly until DH comes home...8mnoths, 3 weeks, 11 hours and change BTW.
iTip........simply because I hate figuring it out.
Kindle...it's free but the books are not. Still awesome!!
Sally's Spa...bought it for .99, great time management game....kids love it!

aren't iphones great?! I didn't think I would be a fan after being a windows mobile user... but the iphone really is fantastic. Both practical and a good time waster too!
*I love Pandora -- awesome radio that plays music based on a song or artist that you choose.
*Gratitude! -- a gratitude journal. I'm a big fan of positive thinking and reinforcement. This helps me think about the good things during the day and then a feel good activity to look back on.
*The Weather Channel- use it all the time, but I live in the midwest where weather is unpredictable.
*Word Warp- fun braingame
*Papertoss- great fun- even for my husband who thinks iphones are silly
*Trailguru- great for working out. Tracks time, distance, pace, elevation and can even take pictures of your route. I use it for bike rides, runs and walks.

Okay just few of my faves.. it's been a while since anyone posted to this. Any more favorites out there?

I got my ITouch JUST for the kindle app! SO much cheaper than buying books, esp new ones!I Heart Radio is a great app- you can stream radio stations from all over the countryThere are a lot of great recipe and grocery list apps, I am still figuring out which ones are my faves.I am Mah Jong obsessed, but I always have been ;). It's great if you love puzzles!DH and I also love LOL Cats but we're cat people and love the hysterical cat pictures with the awesome captions :p

kdangel518 said:
DH and I also love LOL Cats but we're cat people and love the hysterical cat pictures with the awesome captions :p

The I Can Haz Cheezburger app is a good one. :)

Fave apps:
- Facebook
- Pandora (can't live w/o)
- Shazam - can't figure out what song is playing on the radio - this app does!

Fave Games:
- Flightcontrol - so addictive (only 99cents)
- Scrabble
- Sudoku Free
- Free Speed

chefann said:
The I Can Haz Cheezburger app is a good one. :)

Yup, we're THOSE people. We've even submitted a few of our own cats! Shhh! Don't tell anyone that I'm secretly a crazy cat lady! ;)

Our parrot, Beaker, was a Lolbird in the past. I don't remember the date. She was on the front page and everything!

chefann said:
Our parrot, Beaker, was a Lolbird in the past. I don't remember the date. She was on the front page and everything!

SO COOL! Celebrity parrot!!! :D

I use facebook and the weather channel the most. Well, also the mail app, but that's included.

Others I love (or just really, really like):
Pandora (free internet radio...but you've read other people's reviews)
Lemonade Tycoon - free! (didn't expect too much from it, but it's really addictive)
Sally's Sally's, Sally's Spa, and Cake Mania 3 - fun time management games
Lose it (daily calorie counter/log)
Restaurants (calories for popular restaurants)
Backgrounds - (free!) TONS of super nice/fun/silly/beautiful/inspirational backgrounds for your picture (when you unlock) or when you're on a call.

What types of apps and games are recommended for kids on the iPhone?

Some popular apps and games for kids on the iPhone include educational games, puzzle games, and interactive storybooks.

Are there any recommended apps and games for adults on the iPhone?

Yes, there are many apps and games for adults on the iPhone, such as productivity apps, fitness apps, and social media apps.

Can I find apps and games that are appropriate for both kids and adults?

Absolutely! There are plenty of apps and games that are designed for both kids and adults to enjoy, such as multiplayer games and family-friendly puzzles.

Are there any free apps and games recommended for the iPhone?

Yes, there are many free apps and games available on the iPhone. These can range from free versions of popular games to completely free apps with no in-app purchases.

How can I find the best apps and games for my specific interests on the iPhone?

The App Store has a variety of categories and curated lists to help you find apps and games that align with your interests and preferences. You can also use search terms to find specific types of apps and games.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • flemings99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies