• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Must-Have Ipad 3 Accessories: Cover, Keyboard, and More | Expert Tips

In summary, the new Ipad comes with a silicone grip cover, a leather cover, and a keyboard. It also comes with a power cord and a camera cord. You don't need any accessories other than a cover.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I just ordered the new Ipad and i will be patiently waiting until Apple delivers it around May15th (just in time for the new app)..

Anyways, i'm spending too much time researching accessories. Can you help:

1.What accessories do you really need?

2. Cover - do you prefer a silicone grip one, or a leather cover, or one with a keyboard? which brand model?

3. Do I really need a keyboard? if so, which one?

Much help appreciated....

IMHO:

You don't need a keyboard. We do have one and I never use it - I don't even think Craig uses it anymore.

You do need some kind of cover. I have the Apple magnetic one and it's fine. I also have a cloth (same as leather) one and, while I feel it protects the iPad better than the Apple one, I do not like it. I am using it for now - hoping we get one available to us with the PC logo on it.

My husband likes using those pen thingies (soft tip - not a pen really) but I don't use them. Other accessories? Really, all you need is some kind of cover. I just put it in my tote when I'm taking it places.

Wait... cords: It comes with the power cord which also connects to the computer to download data. We have the camera cord so we can download pictures to the iPad - that's nice. You probably already have ear phones like for an iPod and those work for the iPad too. That's all I can think of right now that we use.

I don't have accessories for my iPad yet.

I do want a SmartCover (the one Beth mentions), but I'm debating on getting a case that fully encases it, considering I have a toddler and a preschooler.

I want to get a stylus, but mainly for my preschooler to use on the letter tracing apps so that it actually translates to learning to write.

I don't see a need for a keyboard.

I would like some sort of a dock that I can set it in, so I can do FaceTime with DH when he's out of town (him on the iPhone), but still have my hands free. If I'm listening to music, it can lay flat, but for FaceTime it needs to show more than the ceiling. :D

We have two iPhones as well, which means we have 3 charging cords. I like being able to leave one plugged in the bedroom, and still have another available in another part of the house, because the one in the bedroom plugs into a somewhat hard to reach spot.

i have the speck hardcover and a padded zipper pouch
protects it from dust, never use it!!

I did not get the smart cover- I did not see good reviews- I did get an otter box cover-

it was expensive $80 I like the protection it gives, do not care for the bulkiness of it- What I do not like is the power button is HARD to press w/ the case

BUT I LOVE the protection it gives

I thought about a key board- don't think so since I have been typing on the ipad its easy-

I have a RooCase. It is a harder leather case that has the ability to be an easel stand (long ways). i got it on Amazon. They have colors. And when younclose it, the sensors do put your ipad to sleep (if you have the settings enabled to do that), so it does what the smart cover does, but wth more protection.

I would love a keyboard,but that would make it less portable, so I wont. i hate typing on this thing..l am always making typos!! As you can tell. :D.

Oherwise, I dont use anything else.

I wouldnt recomend a smart cover as it does not protect it really..
All you need is a nice folio case so you can prop it up and have full protection.
No need for keyboard the whole idea of the ipad is portable and I wouldnt want to add anything.

I too am hoping for a PC ipad case :D

a sister consultant has an ipad and a keyboard...they fit nicely into the cover she has...very portable and she loves it. I don't have an ipad yet...but I was able to get an ipad2 for free and when it arrives I will have to figure out how to use it...lol

Go to eBay and u can get good covers at a nice savings. On ebay I purchased a case, plastic protector , and a stylus for 13.99 free shipping. Search iPad cover bundles.

I picked my Ipad up yesterday. Lady @ the store didn't push any accessories. She said you don't need a screen protector--they are hard to put on and they don't even use them on the items on display. (I asked b/c we have one on the kids ds).

She didn't recommend the magnetic ones b/c they don't provide protection and she said if you are in the process of dropping it and grab the case, you end up with the case and the ipad falls on the floor.

I went with a leather case that the pad slips into and then there is a hidden Velcro closure that holds it in the case. It will allow the pad to go in an easel type stand with 2 setting in either tall or wide directions. So far liking the case. Will find the box and update with brand name of it.

The only other assessory I bought was a stylus. I got one that has a ear bud insert end so that I can put it in the ear bud opening and it will sit nicely in the case, no lost stylus and no looking for it. You do have to pull it out of the slot and detach to use it. It works like a charm! Plus, no finger prints!

I pressed the gal as to what else I'd need and she didn't offer up anything else. She did say if you decide to go with a car charger or other types of cords to get the ones in the general section of the store and not with the ipads b/c they would be cheaper. So, get the ones for the phones--they work the same. Was a nice tip.

We've been downloading free apps like crazy. We don't have a smart phone so angry birds has become our new obsession!

We'll have to get each other's screen info. so we can play together on-line. :)

Oh, as for the keyboard. It has a speaker function where you talk and it types---NICE!! Well, most of the time it understood what I was saying!

Any suggestions on whether to purchase an ipad2 or ipad3? I basically want it for bringing to my shows and not having to worry about connecting to the internet. I am totally app uneducated, even though I've been trying to read about them. Any suggestions at all would be wonderful?

Any suggestions on whether to purchase an ipad2 or ipad3? I basically want it for bringing to my shows and not having to worry about connecting to the internet. I am totally app uneducated, even though I've been trying to read about them. Any suggestions at all would be wonderful?

If you are like me and don't have the cash to pay for it, I got mine locally at Nebraska Furniture Mart and used their cc with free interest for 30 months! You can order from them on-line at nfm.com and get free shipping! I don't know if it is valid on-line or not, but I also got a $50 gift card with my ipad. The clerk rang it up first and then used the $50 gift card towards my cover and stylus. There is no discount on ipad3 with pc so it didn't matter that I got it in the store plus the free financing is totally the way to go for me.

Just realized that wasn't what you asked....
sorry. I'm not the expert (b/c it's all new to me), but here is why I got the newest one:

I got the 3 b/c of the cloud. It will talk to my other devices.

I love that it has a voice button so I can talk and it types. It worked correctly most of the time last night while we were "playing".

Picture quality is way better.

I also went the extra for the 4g. I know we don't have to have it but I figured when we were traveling with the kids or on PC events it would be nice to have. Plus you can subscribe or unsubscribe whenever you want and can pick a monthly amount that works in your budget. Plans start at $20 with Verizon and $15 with AT&T. You can't switch carriers so research it and go with the what you think works best for you when you buy your ipad. I'm told Verizon has the biggest network and also works better in rule areas. At&t had better coverage where I'm at but we also travel around in rule areas some so I went with Verizon.

Google the ipad for reviews and you'll find lots of advise regarding which one to get and opinions on the differences.

@Melinda:

Stylus - Infinite Products IP-SEC-BK 847807004554

Cover - Trenton ipad/ipad2 swivel folio (I chose Black Leather but they also had a cheaper cloth version) JA-A101-001
UPC 854468002058

I use a SmartCover and a MarWare back plate - but those are from when it was my hubby's before he upgraded to the new one. I still haven't "customized" my accessories yet ;)
I too, am hoping for a PC case, ChefShalon ;)

So random thought here I had to share. My mother-in-law who can't figure out how to work a DVD player or a cell phone (she never remembers to charge it or turn it on) will be getting an iPad from us for Mother's Day so we can Skype with her since we won't be able to spend $4K to fly down and see her once a year (she can't fly). We just got it and set up an account for her, preloaded just Skype so she doesn't get too confused. We'll bring it down to her in MI when we visit this summer (before my son turns 2 and we have to start paying for a plane ticket for him too) and try to get her to understand how it works - it should be quite entertaining and I'll have to remember to make sure the kids aren't in the same room, cause boy does that woman swear when she gets frustrated with technology ;)

We just bought the Ipad 2. when we questioned the customer service rep about the difference between the 2 he said there wasn't really that much and Apple normally does major changes every other model. When we got it they had the covers super cheap (im talking $4 for a $45 cover) since they were trying to clear out their stock. we got a nice leather Targus one that you can stand it up in different positions but I also got a portfolio one that has buisness card holder also. We also bought a stylus that attaches into the earbud thing and it also is a pen. They had one that was a stylus, pen and laser.

how do you get the pc discount anyone know the code

I just tried to order an ipad thru consultant 's corner and it didn't apply a discount.. the help desk thru apple said there wasn't one.. I know they are wrong so I am holding off until I can get the discount... someone please post if you have had success.

The New Ipad - doesn't get a discount, but the Ipad2 does (i think it's 2%). Thats what they said on the director call. The New Ipad wasn't out when they did negotiations.

Actually they are correct - there is no discount on iPads or iPhones - only iPods.

frozenchef said:
Actually they are correct - there is no discount on iPads or iPhones - only iPods.

There is a discount on IPads but not the new version - only the older version.

crissy11 said:
I just tried to order an ipad thru consultant 's corner and it didn't apply a discount.. the help desk thru apple said there wasn't one.. I know they are wrong so I am holding off until I can get the discount... someone please post if you have had success.

There was a note in a NewsWire a few weeks back that the discount does not apply to the newest version of the iPad because our contract with Apple was signed before its launch.

I bought my iPad at Target, after signing up for a Target Debit card that deducts from my checking account. It gives a 5% discount on all purchases, including my iPad. I did end up getting the iPad 2, the $399 one, and got their protection plan for 2 years for $70, because the price changes at $400.

I ordered the ipad 2 ... it is $391 which shows the 2% discount... it doesn't come off in the shopping cart like I thought it would.. there is free shipping and engraving but taxes apply.. it is supposed to be here on Wednesday.. pretty quick.

If I were to get one I would opt for the one with the most memory rather than newer model since you can't add that later. My iPhone is a 32g and only have 2g's left, and I don't have many aps. Most of mine is music. Just my opinion.I don't plan on buying one. I'll use the ap on my iPhone when needed, but plan on using paper and pen at my shows.

Here's an appropriately timed article:

http://www.imore.com/2012/05/04/ipad-3-accessories/

Hope they decide to scrap the app. I bit the bullet and bought an iPad.

What are the top must-have accessories for the iPad 3?

The top must-have accessories for the iPad 3 include a cover or case, a keyboard, a screen protector, a stylus, and a portable charger.

Why is a cover or case important for the iPad 3?

A cover or case is important for the iPad 3 because it provides protection from scratches, dings, and other potential damage. It also helps to keep the iPad looking new and can add some personal style to the device.

What are the benefits of using a keyboard with the iPad 3?

Using a keyboard with the iPad 3 can greatly improve productivity and efficiency. It allows for faster and more accurate typing, making it easier to work on documents, emails, and other tasks. It also eliminates the need to constantly tap on the screen, reducing strain on the fingers and hands.

Do iPad 3 accessories have to be brand-specific?

No, iPad 3 accessories do not have to be brand-specific. However, it is important to make sure that the accessory is compatible with the iPad 3 model to ensure proper fit and functionality.

What should I consider when choosing a portable charger for my iPad 3?

When choosing a portable charger for your iPad 3, you should consider the battery capacity, output power, and portability. Make sure the battery capacity is sufficient to charge your iPad fully, and check the output power to ensure it is compatible with your device. Also, consider the size and weight of the charger for convenience when traveling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • nikkijo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies